Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport (5826 Views)

Stolen Ddc Machines Not Ours, Says Inec ! / INEC's Direct Data Capture Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport / Court Restrains Inec From Importing Ddc Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by ladi02(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2010
When are we not going ridicle ourselves!
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by lazinc(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2010
GOD abeg o!

For naija anything can happen
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by dialiyke(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
Txs Ojukwu,

I must say that its not just about criticisms, This is the era of technology peeps. A stolen phone can be killed by reporting to the manufacturer using the IMEI number, We can as well advise that Zinox inform the manufacturers to disable the machines stolen and quit rambling and lambasting our politicians whom i believe 90% of us will be worse than if they get an opportunity!!!
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by mosun22: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2010
i saw this onn CNN, THIS IS ABSOLUTE A CHANGE
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by UNLEASHED(m): 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2010
Hmm! Nigeria, Where the impossible is always possible
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by osifred(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2010
why cant we be objective?
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by babsmii(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2010
land of confusion, lol im sure they will start kidnapping inec officials soon, so who will even operate the machines?,
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by raycomray: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2010
ONLY THROUGH MARTYRDOM CAN NIGERIA & NIGERIANS BE FREE. OTHERWISE, THE WORST IS YET TO BEGIN
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by VERYANGRY(m): 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2010
shocked shocked HMM WAIT OOOO, I HOPE SAY THOSE ARMED ROBBERS SING NATIONAL ANTHEM BF DEY STEAL 9JA PROPERTY,IF NOT  they SHOULD APPEAR BF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY  for questioning,, ahhhh btw, the machine na our own and we come MOVE am,,no be say we steal am, we just take am, so whats de fuss? amyway mi sef dey laf oooo grin grin
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by VERYANGRY(m): 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2010
aha ok, theY MOVED only the parts,, the machine sef na SUZUKI,HONDA ABI NA YAMAHA? ME SEF NEED SOME MACHINE PARTS grin grin grin TO STEAL MACHINE PARTS NA JUST LIL THIN NOW,I SMELL BLACKMAIL undecided
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by patorini(m): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2010
everything is possible in this country!

Nigeria i hail thee!!!
babsmii:

land of confusion, lol im sure they will start kidnapping inec officials soon, so who will even operate the machines?,

i was kinda thinking the same thing
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by blackcypha(m): 1:37am On Dec 10, 2010
Naija!
With this kinda news,we are TETTERING ON THE FRINGES OF A POLITICAL DEBACLE AND INEXTRICABLY HEADED FOR AN INCONTROVERTIBLE POLITICAL QUAGMIRE come 2011.
Expect more SCANDALOUSLLY EMBARASSING STORIES from this territorial mass of joke called NIGERIA.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by phizman(m): 2:41am On Dec 10, 2010
9ja no dey carry last, i luv dis f**king country, lol
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by oge4real(f): 2:45am On Dec 10, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by nison(m): 3:29am On Dec 10, 2010
We need prayers in orda 2 conduct a successful and credible election com 2011, dis talk won't help.Tune ur radio 2 Visionafrica,frequency 104.10 by 12midday for answers.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by eddybanty(m): 7:09am On Dec 10, 2010
GEJ needs to adress d nation as a matter of urgency on wikkileaks and ddc issues. Keeping quiet is dangerous. There should be a press briefing or media chat at least for naija pple to ask some questns.!
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Mojibola(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2010
In nigeria, everybody is a comedian, i so love this country!!!!
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by olumyde5(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2010
Na wa oo dis tin no funny at all
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by JosiahRex: 9:34am On Dec 10, 2010
I think we realy have to seriously think of auctioning this country.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Ojukwursg(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2010
dialiyke:

Txs Ojukwu,

I must say that its not just about criticisms,  This is the era of technology peeps. A stolen phone can be killed by reporting to the manufacturer using the IMEI number,  We can as well advise that Zinox inform the manufacturers to disable the machines stolen and quit rambling and lambasting our politicians whom i believe 90% of us will be worse than if they get an opportunity!!!

You are welcome dialyke,

I dont understand why pple go so hard on themselves here whenever something 'bad' happens. No country is perfect. Criticism help people (government) to get better, but I dont support resigning to fate.  We could proper solutions while criticizing.

Agreed some DCC machines were stolen. Is that the final straw on credible election? No way?

What is the way forward?

This is the sort of discourse I expect from intelligentsia, not the 'market women' rambles of doom and gloom that has become the unfortunate trademark of many here.

Cheers.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by JosiahRex: 9:39am On Dec 10, 2010
as always they have decided on the next election results.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by 1025: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2010
You are welcome dialyke,

I dont understand why pple go so hard on themselves here whenever something 'bad' happens. No country is perfect. Criticism help people (government) to get better, but I dont support resigning to fate. We could proper solutions while criticizing.

Agreed some DCC machines were stolen. Is that the final straw on credible election? No way?

What is the way forward?

This is the sort of discourse I expect from intelligentsia, not the 'market women' rambles of doom and gloom that has become the unfortunate trademark of many here.

Cheers.

@Ojukwu_rsg,
what we have is democracy and freedom of speech is part of it. we are handicapped in fighting a physical war with the ruling cabals hence we resorted to using our internet. are u here to be a storm to this only chance we have to atleast share our opinions?
before the taking of the ddc machines, a whole lots of shits have been going on and they include;

an electorial review panel was formed to find ways of improving our electorial system that has gone down beyond a movie magic. two of their recommendations include; having elections concluded at least six months before hand over to ensure that the agrieved parties sort our themselves in the courts before swear in propare. this is to avoid the situation in delta and osun states where govs were sacked after 3yrs and six months in office. remember, if uduaghan happens to win in delta again, he will be running for another 8 yrs because the one he did is not counted. remember, if after 3 yrs six months a gov is sacked, he is as good as a 4 yrs gov.
the number 2 recommendation of this committer is that the inec chairman be appointed by the national assembly instead of the president to ensure independence and a repeat of mourice iwu/obasanjo useless elections.
uncle these two major remmendations were overlooked.
now tell me, how will a buhari fight a sitting president in a court where the judges are appointed by the same sitting president?
all these are straws but not the last straws to the credible elections according to ur undstanding.
in our voters' register, observers are saying sarah palin in there, yes, a straw but not the last one.
what folks are saying here is that nothing has changed as our president has been saying. the same movements here and there.
now that 20+ machines are missing from the airport and 16 have been released, in other countries just like u mentioned, what will happen? those behind this will be made known to the public and punishments will be dished out for bringing national shame.
are u not aware that the same thing happened in 2007 when the late adedibu took six machines belonging to inec and kept in his own house? what happened to him? nothing.
wether we like it or not, jonathan is not in charge. those criminal minded old fools that run pdp as their private companies are just remote controlling jonathan to their taste. what we have and will have in 2011 if jonathan wins is nothing but A GLORIFIED THIRD TERM AGENDA.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by orgasm(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2010
i dont think theres any cause for alarm. Those machines hv not be set up to capture and collate data to Inec database so they just ordinary machines which can only be resold and not to be used by persons other than Inec to influence our voters register.but stil, is very sad and unfortunate that the machines were stolen right under the nose of our security operatives in a sensitive place like d airport which is suppose to be one of the most secured place cause of its vulnerability in times of external aggressions. So the theft, as far as am concern, has no effect in our voters registration nay general elections
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Ifebazz(m): 11:08am On Dec 10, 2010
Una funny oh, ordinary DCC machine una dey shout when ship loss wetin una talk eh?? Abeg make i hear word, free and fair rigging for PDP and sundry.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by 1025: 11:10am On Dec 10, 2010
i dont think theres any cause for alarm. Those machines hv not be set up to capture and collate data to Inec database so they just ordinary machines which can only be resold and not to be used by persons other than Inec to influence our voters register.but stil, is very sad and unfortunate that the machines were stolen right under the nose of our security operatives in a sensitive place like d airport which is suppose to be one of the most secured place cause of its vulnerability in times of external aggressions. So the theft, as far as am concern, has no effect in our voters registration nay general elections

@orgasm,
i don't believe that we still have ppl who think like u in earnst. now that u think the theft does not have any effect in our registeration and general elections, what do u think we do? forget the machines?
what makes u think that those who stole the machines do not know the importance before they get involved.
if you have ever been to the airport to carry an ordinary lugage, u will agree with me that nobody can steal inec machines. this is an organised business.
in the first place, where were u in 2007 when adedibu took six inec machines?
visit our prisons and u will see ppl serving various jail terms for minor crimes that are as low as pick pockets so why will nigeria and nigerians steal machines imported by inec?
from where the plane parks to where the cargos are parked before loading them into the cars, no one can ever come close to the machines without the consent of the authorities.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by DrKnow1(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2010
A cursed nation
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Amjustme: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2010
what a joke shocked
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Oluwabee(f): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry sad sad sad
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by eghost247(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2010
Direct Capture Machines Captured
lol
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Ojukwursg(m): 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
1025:

@Ojukwu_rsg,
what we have is democracy and freedom of speech is part of it. we are handicapped in fighting a physical war with the ruling cabals hence we resorted to using our internet. are u here to be a storm to this only chance we have to atleast share our opinions?
before the taking of the ddc machines, a whole lots of shits have been going on and they include;

an electorial review panel was formed to find ways of improving our electorial system that has gone down beyond a movie magic. two of their recommendations include; having elections concluded at least six months before hand over to ensure that the agrieved parties sort our themselves in the courts before swear in propare. this is to avoid the situation in delta and osun states where govs were sacked after 3yrs and six months in office. remember, if uduaghan happens to win in delta again, he will be running for another 8 yrs because the one he did is not counted. remember, if after 3 yrs six months a gov is sacked, he is as good as a 4 yrs gov.
the number 2 recommendation of this committer is that the inec chairman be appointed by the national assembly instead of the president to ensure independence and a repeat of mourice iwu/obasanjo useless elections.
uncle these two major remmendations were overlooked.
now tell me, how will a buhari fight a sitting president in a court where the judges are appointed by the same sitting president?
all these are straws but not the last straws to the credible elections according to your undstanding.
in our voters' register, observers are saying sarah palin in there, yes, a straw but not the last one.
what folks are saying here is that nothing has changed as our president has been saying. the same movements here and there.
now that 20+ machines are missing from the airport and 16 have been released, in other countries just like u mentioned, what will happen? those behind this will be made known to the public and punishments will be dished out for bringing national shame.
are u not aware that the same thing happened in 2007 when the late adedibu took six machines belonging to inec and kept in his own house? what happened to him? nothing.
wether we like it or not, jonathan is not in charge. those criminal minded old fools that run pdp as their private companies are just remote controlling jonathan to their taste. what we have and will have in 2011 if jonathan wins is nothing but A GLORIFIED THIRD TERM AGENDA.

True, and well articulated. I am aware of all that u have stated. But what I don't understand is how despondency will solve the problem (especially since they are brazen as you noted.) You see, what we have here are people venting their anger and frustration at the system and scheme of things. Sir, no serious minded politician will pay head to some of the rants on these board. Nigerians have talked for long, and expressed their opinions on so many things online, however not much has been achieved. I am not saying that pple shld stop expressing their desire for change. I personally would love a lot to change in my dearly beloved country - Nigeria, but I would not give in to despondency. Despondency is contagious, it is like a disease spreading from one mind to the other via spoken (written) words. We must have optimism, and hope, and encourage ourselves. We shld desist from spreading fear, and panic.

Nigeria will be better!
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
Dr Know:

A cursed nation
It's you that's cursed.how does the inactons of a few mad people speak for the whole nigeria ? Find another thing talk.
Re: Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport by xpmode(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2010
Please guys if you here say any DDC machine dey for sale i wan buy because i don pay the Ghanian, Lybian, Cameroons, togolesse, and friend from Benin to participate in Voting

its time to chop Naira again am waiting for business

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Guess What The Nigerian Flag Looks Like Before Independence? / PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal / Biafra Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.