Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,302 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis (1286 Views)

Osinbajo: I’ll Govern Nigeria Same Way Buhari Has Done / Sowore Compares How Bandits Were Treated Vs How Nnamdi Kanu Was Treated / "I Like The Way Buhari Fights Corruption" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by HeWrites(m): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2020
Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commissioner

President Muhammadu Buhari Friday in Abuja said though it might take a bit longer, the nation will surely put the issues associated with the troubles in the Northeast in order and move ahead, IGBERE TV reports.

Speaking while receiving Janez Lenarcic, the European Union (EU) Commissioner for Crisis Management in State House, President Buhari said, “If we were capable to fight a 30-month civil war and reorganised our country, I wonder why people are thinking that Nigeria cannot do it.

“I assure you of Nigeria’s commitment to enhance and deepen cooperation with the EU in all areas. Our priorities in the next level is to ensure that Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, are rehabilitated so that livelihood should be established and the children should not lose the opportunity to go back to school, which is very important for the future of that area and Nigeria generally.

“We have the experience of the civil war. I could recall the role of the military, the army, each commander had in his pocket how to behave himself and how to allow international bodies like yourself to go round and see for themselves that people are treated in the most humane way. We have this experience and I assure you that we also have this confidence in your organisation. That is why I feel that Nigeria is capable of handling this crisis, it may take long but we are capable of handling it.”

The Nigerian leader also appreciated the recent meeting in Germany which deliberated on the happenings in Libya.

“The important thing really is weapons reaching the Sahel; the instability it is causing. Look at the casualties in Mauritania, Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali; Libya has a direct impact on the stability of the Sahel. As for Boko Haram, we try to disabuse the mind of the people and I think our people now understand the basic dishonesty in it. With my experience personally in the civil war, I am sure we will get over it.”

President Buhari further assured that the newly created Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, will do a splendid job of managing the various humanitarian issues evolving from the Northeast:

“I assure you that we are aware of these problems and we will continue to do our best. The newly created Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs is coordinating NEMA and others, to make sure that whatever resources we get are well utilised. The ministry will be accountable to the government instead of having too many bodies doing the same thing. We are also reaching out to foreign countries explaining to them our position, and we are confident we will get over it.”

The EU Commissioner emphasized that Nigeria plays a big role in the African continent and globally in economic, social and other spheres and asked for the development of a plan between the EU and Nigeria concerning the issues in the Northeast. He said he had visited Borno State and appreciates government’s efforts to end the conflict there.

“We would like to support your efforts. We believe all relevant actors; military, civilian as well as humanitarian should come together. The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs is suggesting such high level dialogue.

“In situations such as what we have in the northeast, international law and international humanitarian law should apply. We believe in your efforts to end the conflict; military effort alone probably will not be sufficient without identifying and addressing the socio-economic factors causing it, “he stated.

http://igberetvnews.com/1290673/biafra-war-people-treated-humane-way-buhari-tells-eu-commissioner/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by masterflowx(m): 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
As long as all the service chiefs are from north, the issue of security in Nigeria can not be contain easily.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by XANDERBOY85: 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2020
And his nose just got 12 inches longer! sad

15 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by jlinkd78(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
Following
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by rentAcock(m): 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
Truth be told, there was nothing humane about the civil war. It's best we don't remind anyone of the atrocities of war, these things incite hatred and causes further divide. Buhari could've made his point without bringing up the civil war.

12 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by money121(m): 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Turantula(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2020
This idiot is just foolish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by SimDan95(m): 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2020
Sometimes I'm really impressed by the alacrity of which this man lies, the devil himself will be pleased and giddy of such a devoted follower turned brother.

So in essence he's saying the millions killed and misplaced by soldiers were also humanly treated. My old grandma till today resides in osun just because she can't go back to her family that were displaced and killed, she even doubts if any of her brother or sisters survived it or got to be rescued.

Yet this imp is dismissing a glaring and most obvious fact with just the wave of his hands, no wonder history has been wiped from our educational syllabus cos a people without knowledge of their past are as good as blind.

I spit on the sensibility and ancestry of the people supporting these evil leaders, ur ancestors would shake their heads and cower in shame in your behalf.

Stinking words from a terrorist

*spits*

11 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Glorymax: 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2020
HeWrites:

“We have the experience of the civil war. I could recall the role of the military, the army, each commander had in his pocket how to behave himself and how to allow international bodies like yourself to go round and see for themselves that people are treated in the most humane way. We have this experience and I assure you that we also have this confidence in your organisation. That is why I feel that Nigeria is capable of handling this crisis, it may take long but we are capable of handling it.”

Including the people at Asaba Massacre

8 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2020
A YOUNG MAN FROM SUDAN IS MAKING JOKE OF NIGERIA WITH CIVIL WAR AT EU
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by NwaAmaikpe: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2020
shocked

It's inhumane for EU officials to sit and listen to lies when they know they are lies.

It is an insult to the sensibility of the people whose welfare they pretend to be concerned about.

What do I even know....it's been 8hours without an ejaculation, already suffering from acute withdrawal symptoms so my thinking is a bit warped.

15 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by hahn(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Even you sef shock grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hehehehe
This Buhari sef
The way he hates Nigerian media is stunning!!
Buharists una no matter to this man o
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
Using a civil war as a point of comparison to the terrorism in the north is very dumb. Can't believe our president will make such an utterance.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by clevvermind(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2020
President that don't know his left from his right.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by DaBullIT(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2020
See then

Generation of idiots insulting Buhari up and down but not once have they ever blamed the clown that led them to war with a little over 2 thousand rifles against a whole army

Buhari was there, many leaders world over can attest to his honesty, but your parents told you horror story to create am impression of being heroes to you whereas they were cowards

If EU can believe people were treated with dignity

You shouldn't call Buhari a liar

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Ojiofor: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2020
One youngman named Kalu who was unarmed was shot to dead before international press men. That is how humane Buhari and Co was.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by kernniejay(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
Bubu is trying to deceive those that know the truth. The best feeling second to sex is when you know the truth and somebody is trying to lie about it to you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by judgementyard(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
I deeply feel pity for any one that still surports GMB and his fantastically corrupt government.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by thundafire: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
Call ur boys to order but during election Yobe,Borno will get millions of votes and no bomb blast y
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by solmusdesigns: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2020
there is nothing humane about wars
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by efighter: 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2020
Glorymax:

Including the people at Asaba Massacre

YES, war involves killing and maiming, so Asaba people shouldn't have expected anything less.
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by blasted12: 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
SimDan95:
Sometimes I'm really impressed by the alacrity of which this man lies, the devil himself will be pleased and giddy of such a devoted follower turned brother.

So in essence he's saying the millions killed and misplaced by soldiers were also humanly treated. My old grandma till today resides in osun just because she can't go back to her family that were displaced and killed, she even doubts if any of her brother or sisters survived it or got to be rescued.

Yet this imp is dismissing a glaring and most obvious fact with just the wave of his hands, no wonder history has been wiped from our educational syllabus cos a people without knowledge of their past are as good as blind.

I spit on the sensibility and ancestry of the people supporting these evil leaders, ur ancestors would shake their heads and cower in shame in your behalf.

Stinking words from a terrorist

*spits*
Please spit again, the first one didn't reach Buhari
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by realstars: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
The war was all in ikot ekpene as center of fight,
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by christejames(m): 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's inhumane for EU officials to sit and listen to lies when they know they are lies.

It is an insult to the sensibility of the people whose welfare they pretend to be concerned about.

What do I even know....it's been 8hours without an ejaculation, already suffering from acute withdrawal symptoms so my thinking is a bit warped.

Chief Advocate of Wanking... you know what to do to ease yourself nwokem!
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by ItooWorWor(m): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2020
shocked bubu no way grin grin

cc immhotep jimyjames lzaa gmbuharii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Racoon(m): 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
Buhari is just lying but he can only deceive himself & zombies because the super-atrocities of the federal govt army are well documented for historical purposes though there was also atrocities on the Brafian side too.

The infamous "Asaba Massacre" coordinated by Lt.Col.Murtala Mohammed & Capt.Ibrahim Taiwo is there for all to see.What about Brig.Benjamin Adekunle nko? Well, karma paid everyone his dues.
Re: Biafra War: People Were Treated In The Most Humane Way - Buhari Tells EU Commis by Marine54(m): 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
The chief terrorist has spoken !!!!

(1) (Reply)

Jos People Out To Mourn The Boy Killed By Boko Haram (photos) / In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi / Nnamdi Kanu To Hausa People...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.