Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

My Heart Is Not In My Current Course. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Heart Is Not In My Current Course. (313 Views)

I Don't Feel Fulfilment With My Current Course / Can I Graduate With First Class With My Current CGPA(4.24) / What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Heart Is Not In My Current Course. by Aarongee: 8:13am On Jan 25, 2020
Hello nairalanders. I go by the name Aaron.
I'm currently a 200l student of the University of Benin studying microbiology. Please pardon my long post, I have to make you people understand me.

Academics: Academically I'm very certain I'm good. I have never failed once or even repeated a class. I'm smart, to some extent and I assimilate easily. Many of my peers even look up to me, they feel I'm much better than them academically and assume I know almost everything. So in terms of academics, I'm trying. Please, I'm not trying to be proud or brag.

Passion: Well, I'm very passionate about medicine. Medicine is in me, Its a course I love so much. Seeing a doctor or a student alone gives me so much joy, I want to be like them.

Jamb: I've written jamb 5 times now. The first jamb I wrote, I was offered agric to study which I rejected. Down to 2018, I was offered microbiology instead of medicine which I had to accept because of age(currently 21,to be 22 soon). The thing is I have never failed jamb, my lowest jamb was my first which was 207. Subsequent exams have been over 270, I even had 331 in one of my jamb(the one I was offered microbiology).

My problem: I decided to accept microbiology hoping to do well and possibly come back for a direct entry later on but the way things are going, I fear so much for myself. My first semester result was a total mess, I had a gp of 3.35( though I had one carryover). In my University, 100l takes only 10% out of 100% and I believe I can boost my gp and still graduate well but my problem is that my heart is not in the course. I don't even mix up with my course mates, I just do things with laxity. I just feel I'm going to school just to be a graduate. My heart is not anywhere close to the course I'm doing now. I thought I'd be able to fit in but I am finding it so difficult to.

My decision: I discussed with my mom and convinced her that I want to re take jamb this year. She didn't buy the idea but I told my elder sister and she told me to take jamb and when the admission comes I can let her know. Even my elder brother doesn't like the course I'm doing, he wants me to do something professional.

I need advise: Please my nairaland family, what do you guys suggest I do??... I'm lost and I need to find myself as quick as possible, I don't want to fail in life. I need serious advise. If anyone has been in this shoe before, the person should tell me what he/she did. Should I take jamb again or just stay where I am now??... I seriously fear for myself and my future. I'm confused.

Ps: my desire to study medicine wasn't prompted by the money or prestige in the course or peers or family. It's what I have loves to become. And please for those who will come and say education doesn't guarantee making it in life, please I don't need that sermon. I have no father, I have no connection anywhere, the best I can do for my future is attaining the peak of my education, at least I know it'll guarantee me something. Not everyone will make it in the outside world. Thanks all

Lalasticlala please help.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Is Not In My Current Course. by tobby20: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
Better don't do it before u end up with low grades
Talking from close 2 experience
Re: My Heart Is Not In My Current Course. by Yames70(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2020
Imagine someone scoring 331 in JAMB cannot study Medicine in Nigeria!It's really sad.My brother I can deduce clearly you have passion for Medicine.I was in your shoes many years ago,I was given Geology by Uniben but I rejected it and went for prescience at Unizik and God willing,I was given Medicine.You have a tool in your hand which is Microbiology,you will need it in your 4th year as a medical student,so it's never wasted,enrol for JAMB if you have the means and go through the process again(There's nothing like failure until you quit),but have a quiet moment and realign your mind into loving Microbiology so that you will come out with a good grade and then you can use direct entry into Medicine.One thing with passion,if you don't get what you want,you will feel empty,but note that not studying Medicine is not the end of the world.Wish you the best.
Re: My Heart Is Not In My Current Course. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
Simply opt for the course your heart is in. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With This Physics Questions. / Get Latest Peoplecert ITIL 4 Foundation Exam Questions – 100% Success Guaranteed / Study In Ireland As An O Level, HND,& Degree Holder In An Affordable Instituion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.