Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Russia’s New Culture Minister Hates Arts - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Russia’s New Culture Minister Hates Arts (668 Views)

Ever Wondered If Amazon Kdp Hates You? / Amazing Pencil Arts Of OAU Medical Student Who Wants To Become Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Russia’s New Culture Minister Hates Arts by kingui(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
The decision to elevate Lyubimova, 39, to the nation’s top culture post was met with immediate criticism. On Wednesday, Ilya Shumanov, of the anti-corruption group Transparency International, tweeted a 2008 blog post by the new minister where she wrote, “I simply can’t stand going to exhibitions, museums, opera.”

Blogging on the online platform LiveJournal, she went on to write about hating ballet and classical music. Additionally, she said, “I’ve been to Paris, but not to the Louvre … I haven’t been on a gondola trip on the Venice canals.”

She continued, “I’ve been to the British Museum, the National Gallery, and a few dozen more European and Russian museums, and reckon I wasted my time there.”

After news of the posts broke yesterday, the entries were quickly deleted. Lyubimova has yet to comment about the blog.
https://www.artnews.com/art-news/news/russia-culture-minister-olga-lyubimova-1202676191/

(1) (Reply)

Photography Schools In Lagos Nigeria- 2020 Reviews / How I Edit Photos Of Curvy Instagram Influencer Using Picsart App / I Will Rebrand Your Startup Or Company For N10000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.