Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" (3320 Views)

Daddy Freeze Disagrees With The Saying, "What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist" / Nigerians' Reactions To Linda Ikeji's Child Delivery (Meme Collection) / Stella Damasus Weighs In On Nigerians Reactions To Super Eagle's Lose And Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by dejiih01: 6:42am On Jan 26, 2020
Rave of the moment, Burna Boy is tipped by many music enthusiasts to win the Grammy, and Nigerian on Twitter have been spilling out their expectations if the singer cops the Award.

This win is not going to be for Burna Boy alone, it is going to be for Nigerians in totality as he would be the 1st Nigerian singer to win the Award.

The Award ceremony holds today and this is what Nigerians are saying on the social media platform:

**** Yal dont make #Grammys2020 not give Burna ds award, tone the noise down, let us win first, Ive studied this grammy thingy, they will lowkey nominate someone for clout then give somefolk you prolly have never heard of their music so please, stop the noise so Burna can win in peace.

*** Burna winning will bring joy to Nigeria even our oga at the top will be happy.

So they won’t even try giving it to someone else. If not we will send all our Boko Haram to dem

*** If Burna Boy wins Grammys tonight, he becomes the undisputed GOAT of AfroPop. Are you with me?

*** Burna Boy has to win this Grammys! I’m very certain his Album is the best on that list. #Grammys2020

*** Grammy or no Grammys, Burna Boy a.k.a the African giant remains my GOAT. I dey fear this people cos no be today.

SOURCE: https://nnf.com.ng/p/see-nigerians-reactions-to-the-saying-if-burna-boy-wins-grammy-award/1841

Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by Abfinest007(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2020
GOAT of 9ja afro beat
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by chocboi78(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Grammy issa shitty award full of biased and political inclined judgement... Watch them rip burna of his well deserved award....no b today dem Begin cheat artiste

2 Likes

Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by dejiih01: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2020
I said it
chocboi78:
Grammy issa shitty award full of biased and political inclined judgement... Watch them rip burna of his well deserved award....no b today dem Begin cheat artiste
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by Pearlyakin(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2020
Do you guys know he is nominated alongside Mama Africa Angelique Kidjo, so it will a lil bit hard for him to win ooo.
The same Angelique Kidjo that Burna sampled her sound in his 'Anybody' track.
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by ItooWorWor(m): 9:59am On Jan 26, 2020
Burnaboy go win that gammy award even Mama Angelique Kidjo go need to melo for this one oo!

1 Like

Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by Abuogaji1: 11:19am On Jan 26, 2020
dejiih01:
Rave of the moment, Burna Boy is tipped by many music enthusiasts to win the Grammy, and Nigerian on Twitter have been spilling out their expectations if the singer cops the Award.

This win is not going to be for Burna Boy alone, it is going to be for Nigerians in totality as he would be the 1st Nigerian singer to win the Award.

The Award ceremony holds today and this is what Nigerians are saying on the social media platform:

**** Yal dont make #Grammys2020 not give Burna ds award, tone the noise down, let us win first, Ive studied this grammy thingy, they will lowkey nominate someone for clout then give somefolk you prolly have never heard of their music so please, stop the noise so Burna can win in peace.

*** Burna winning will bring joy to Nigeria even our oga at the top will be happy.

So they won’t even try giving it to someone else. If not we will send all our Boko Haram to dem

*** If Burna Boy wins Grammys tonight, he becomes the undisputed GOAT of AfroPop. Are you with me?

*** Burna Boy has to win this Grammys! I’m very certain his Album is the best on that list. #Grammys2020

*** Grammy or no Grammys, Burna Boy a.k.a the African giant remains my GOAT. I dey fear this people cos no be today.

SOURCE: https://nnf.com.ng/p/see-nigerians-reactions-to-the-saying-if-burna-boy-wins-grammy-award/1841
he is not d first nigeria to win grammy if he wins but sade adu
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by meezynetwork(m): 11:37am On Jan 26, 2020
Ok. Na
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by ominilongest(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
If e no win m
Na amotekun we Dey send go there angry
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by onlinetrader: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2020
chocboi78:
That you know only Burna in that category does not mean he is the best and must take it home. if he doesn't, it simply means someone else deserves it more. if you were not a Nigerian, you probably wouldn't have heard of Burna before

2 Likes

Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by money121(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
Oluwaburna
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by bossvinqualad25(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
if u are in vast in cleaning jobs and reside in Lagos check my signature and call
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by DRPAIT123(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good thing is they won't be the one to choose
Best man wins
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by chocboi78(m): 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
onlinetrader:
That you know only Burna in that category does not mean he is the best and must take it home. if he doesn't, it simply means someone else deserves it more. if you were not a Nigerian, you probably wouldn't have heard of Burna before
first of all,I know 3 artiste on the list very well..secondly, burna is undoubtedly d favorite to win the category wen comparing their 2019 albums.furthermore, u can't conclude I probably wouldn't have known burna boy if i were not a Nigerian because I know many artists who are not nigerian,nationality can't hide talent....and lastly, av known Grammy well enough to give out awards to ppl who don't deserve it..
Happy Sunday
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by onlinetrader: 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
chocboi78:
first of all,I know 3 artiste on the list very well..secondly, burna is undoubtedly d favorite to win the category wen comparing their 2019 albums.furthermore, u can't conclude I probably wouldn't have known burna boy if i were not a Nigerian because I know many artists who are not nigerian,nationality can't hide talent....and lastly, av known Grammy well enough to give out awards to ppl who don't deserve it..
Happy Sunday
"Probably" was the word I used.

Don't stress yourself unnecessary, Mr Grammy Judge. If the award doesn't go to your favourite, it doesn't mean Grammy is bias. It simply means your favourite isn't as good as the winner for that category.

Finally; If you know others in that category as much as Burna, If you understand music as well too, you would know it's not an automatic win for Burna.
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by chocboi78(m): 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2020
onlinetrader:
"Probably" was the word I used.

Don't stress yourself unnecessary, Mr Grammy Judge. If the award doesn't go to your favourite, it doesn't mean Grammy is bias. It simply means your favourite isn't as good as the winner for that category.

Finally; If you know others in that category as much as Burna, If you understand music as well too, you would know it's not an automatic win for Burna.
I Neva said it was and automatic win,if it were, there wouldn't even be other contenders, m not Mr Grammy judge but neither re u also,I don't need to have a favourite in all categories for me to point out the bias side of Grammy awards nd I know 2 oda artiste in d category as much as I know burna
PS: m not stressed, m relaxed
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by irunoko(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
Burna is overhyped joor
Re: See Nigerians Reactions To The Saying "If Burna Boy Wins Grammy Award" by dejiih01: 4:57am On Jan 27, 2020
Nah him time
irunoko:
Burna is overhyped joor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaire Set To Marry President Trump’s Daughter, Tiffany, Photos / Mercy Aigbe Steps Out In Mini-skirt, Kazim Adeoti, Others React / Olu Maintain New's Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.