Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business (910 Views)

FOCUS: Success Tip For Online Business Beginners / Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) / World Bank Ranks Anambra Best In Implementation Of Partnership Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by Moneyfem: 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
Partnership business has led to the deaths of many emerging businessmen. How and why? You will know later. If you are in one already, you need to be highly careful and there are some basic decisions that you need to take now as a matter of urgency.

Come here later in the evening and you will see the dangers of partnership for business beginners and what you need to urgently do in case you've started one already.

Please, if you're following and you want me to continue, simply comment with 'I'm here.'

1 Like

Re: Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by Adam00(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
I'm here

1 Like

Re: Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by Moneyfem: 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2020
Adam00:
I'm here

I sight you.
Re: Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by samdavjustin(m): 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
Oya continues
Re: Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by Moneyfem: 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good evening. Let's now look at the reasons why you should start and grow your small personal business rather than entering into a partnership in your early days in business. Partnership is good for big and established businesses and not a struggling small business.

Below are the reasons:

1. Leadership tussle: Who should be tagged 'C.E.O'? Who should go for trainings and conferences reserved for only one of the partners? Who should liaise with investors? e.t.c. These are some of the questions both of them will have issues with even despite having a legal document.

2. As peculiar to all small businesses, a small partnership business will struggle and suffer for long before it will get its balance.

3. One partner or two of them(privately and separately) may be stealing from the business fund and thereby cripple the business till death.

4. Profit sharing problem: disagreement may ensue on profit sharing even with a partnership deed. This may lead to legal battle between the partners. Conversely, if there's no legal deed, this disagreement may lead to the end of the business.

5. How to share responsibilities: Who will go for purchasing, who will attend to customers, when will the two them resume daily, e.t.c. These will cause some squabbles.

6. Lack of proper legal paperwork and lawyer: For you to successfully run a partnership, you must have a lawyer that will seat the two of you together and then draw up a partnership deed that will guide the operations of the business. Similarly, the lawyer will act as your legal adviser and witness. The lawyer will charge you handsome fee for his services but that's the ideal of forming a partnership. That's why partnership is good for two separate established business entities that have the required resources.

7. When the business goes bankrupt, the other partner may disappear. I don't want to dig deeper on this. We all can relate in this part of the world.

8. A wicked partner may kill the other when the business booms. Hmmmn, I think you guys can decode this also especially in the absence of proper legal paperwork.

Later, for those already in partnerships, I will tell you what to do to have peace of mind and what to do to ensure your partner doesn't kill you when the business booms.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Re: Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by Moneyfem: 5:57pm On May 28, 2020
Beware!
Re: Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business by Moneyfem: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Always remember these problems when setting up a business with someone.

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Bank Can Help Me Finance My LPO / Start Your Own Delivery Business In Nigeria / Get This Lenovo Thinkpad X201 Core I5 @ A Cheaper Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.