Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,550 members, 7,827,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage (657 Views)

Any Time I Turn Him Down He Goes To Bed , Is Everything Alright? - Lady Seek Adv / I Am No Longer In Love With My Husband That Brought Me To The UK - Lady (video) / Help: Big Backside Ladies Have Made Me No Longer Have Feelings For My Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by We4all: 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
When you open threads on marriage and relationships, you read stuffs like:

"My relationship is threatened due to my partner's inability to satisfy me in bed".

" My man is a one minute man. How do I cope when we get married? "

"My marriage is falling apart;I no longer find my wife sexually attractive".

" I want to settle down with someone that I am sexually compatible with".

And the grumbling goes on and on. You can hardly hear people say that they are getting married because they need a companion, and their prospective partners make wonderful companions.

Nowadays, young christian men and women who love sex, but don't want to be tagged a 'fornicator', jump into marriage so they can indulge in sex without feeling guilty.

This is because it is assumed that marriage is for sex, and sex is for marriage. It doesn't matter whether their intending spouse will make a great companion. All they think and fantasise about is how they will start enjoying a guilt free sex life.

So my question to married couples and people intending to get married;who see sex as a priority is: When the sex drive is no longer there, or peradventure your partner becomes impotent, what will become of your marriage? Will it die just because one or the both of you can no longer perform in bed?

1 Like

Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2020
I believe getting married for sex or to procreate is not wrong, but it's not ideal. The ideal reason why people should get married to me, is so that they can Grow and Learn together. Growth should be in all ramifications, from spirituality down to sexual exploration and emotional intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by Oluneutral: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
There are still some marriages with the right people who have solid foundation, who married for the right reasons, who are companions with each other, but, unfortunately, you can't find them on social media bragging about their marriages. They're just too matured for that.

In other words, marriage is for matured men and women, not for grown babies.

2 Likes

Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
There are still good marriages but they don't announce like bad ones. The world has changed. People still wanna use archaic traditions and outdated religious books as a a basis today and it cant work. Hence the conflicts
Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
We4all:

"My relationship is threatened due to my partner's inability to satisfy me in bed".

And the grumbling goes on and on. You can hardly hear people say that they are getting married because they need a companion, and their prospective partners make wonderful companions.

Nowadays, young christian men and women who love sex, but don't want to be tagged a 'fornicator', jump into marriage so they can indulge in sex without feeling guilty.

This is because it is assumed that marriage is for sex, and sex is for marriage. It doesn't matter whether their intending spouse will make a great companion. All they think and fantasise about is how they will start enjoying a guilt free sex life.

So my question to married couples and people intending to get married;who see sex as a priority is: When the sex drive is no longer there, or peradventure your partner becomes impotent, what will become of your marriage? Will it die just because one or the both of you can no longer perform in bed?

I would assume that you are a Christian. Marriage in the Bible is for:
1. Companionship
2. To prevent adultery (aka for sex)
3. To produce and raise godly children

In no particular order. And all these are godly desires (for companionship, for sex and to reproduce our kind) created inside of us.

It is the lie of the devil to say sex is not important or paramount in Marriage so that couples don't work hard to satisfy themselves leading to adultery.

Except for old age (from 70), any partner who doesn't have the 'sex drive' anyone should pray about it and seek medical help. Ditto someone who is impotent or cannot perform or whatever.

Some partners also tell their spouses to seek sexual fulfillment outside so they can leave them be. That marriage is void and no longer useful.

Sex is very important in marriage like companionship and making babies.

Legally, a marriage not consummated is null and can be annulled (did not happen).
Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 27, 2020
Companionship? Have you tried to hold an intelligent conversation with an individual from the current generation of females? Lol.

You want companionship, make friends from your own gender. You want sex and children, marry the opposite gender.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by cococandy(f): 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2020
And the grumbling goes on and on.
Correct your post. It’s always the boys who are whining.
Leave ladies alone though they won’t.

See the one above me always pretending to be intelligent but never failing to post whiny sexist misogynistic tirades. And when you call him out he starts acting like you owe him intelligent discourse.

Those girls be chill. The boys? Won’t stop crying.

7 Likes

Re: Majority No Longer Seek Companionship In Marriage by baldman: 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
We4all:

This companionship you are talking about cannot be the exlusive reason for marriage, a lot of single guys have friends with whom they enjoy no strings attached companionship, so are you saying they can then dispense with marriage altogether. Moreover, companionship is virtually inseparable from intimacy ( intimacy is not strictly sex but may include it) as far as marriage is concerned. Sex in marriage is not just what couples enjoy, it is kept in marriage to oil the wheels of companionship. It is a lubricant to reduce the damaging effects of frictions which arises as two different individuals come together as one. It is not just satisfaction of the flesh, it is establishing soulish connection. It is how a man and a woman bond.

Also, some of the main reasons for marriage come to play at different stages in life. Initially, there is a lot of sex which leads to procreation and may be good quality companionship before the children start rolling in. As the couples grow older, sex may not be the priority, and procreation as a reason for marriage would have become, it is at this stage that companionship takes the centre stage. Please do not under play the effect of sex. I tell you it is not very easy to get angry at every mistake made by someone with whom you are having good quality sex on a regular basis. You cannot say this same of couples that are not having good quality sex regularly, every little mistake is blown out of proportion.

(1) (Reply)

Its So Tough / Blogger Gifts Wife A New Car In Her Birthday Amidst Lockdown (video) / Can My Son Get Married To His Friend Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.