Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,613 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Why Does God Allow Suffering? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Suffering? (1054 Views)

Why Does God Allow Suffering? By Deji Yesufu / Why Does God Allow Suffering In The World? / Why Does GOD Allow tragic death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by lepasharon(f): 3:18am On Mar 02, 2020
Valkrie:

What I'm trying to say is that all have been programmed from the beginning and non is better than the other..

Night/Day, Man/Woman, Positive/Negative, Rainy/Dry season etc. ..each is designed to complement the other..none is better than the other...if you get my point...

What about ppl born without fingers and hands? I hope you know they exist right?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by lepasharon(f): 3:21am On Mar 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
God is not a man or human being.. So God does not know what suffering is... You are just projecting your human emotion or experience as God's... You are experiencing suffering because you are a man , with blood running through your veins.. But God is not a man... God is existence itself... The divine consciousness that everything emanated from...

Then he's not all-knowing !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by LordReed(m): 6:45am On Mar 02, 2020
Valkrie:

What I'm trying to say is that all have been programmed from the beginning and non is better than the other..

Night/Day, Man/Woman, Positive/Negative, Rainy/Dry season etc. ..each is designed to complement the other..none is better than the other...if you get my point...

So the same god programmed some people to be born with congenital defects? What kind of stupid god is that?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by sonmvayina(m): 6:46am On Mar 02, 2020
lepasharon:

Then he's not all-knowing !

What is suffering?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by MuttleyLaff: 7:03am On Mar 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
God is not a man or human being.. So God does not know what suffering is...
You are just projecting your human emotion or experience as God's...
You are experiencing suffering because you are a man, with blood running through your veins..
But God is not a man... God is existence itself... The divine consciousness that everything emanated from...
"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of Us, knowing good and evil.
He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
"
- Genesis 3:22

1/ Do you, at all know what the phrase "good and evil" in the above Genesis 3:22 bible verse, in the original text indicates and/or represents, hmm?
2/ Do you know what is the implication of know good and evil?
3/ Are you familiar with remarks about God's longsuffering in silence, hmm?

sonmvayina:
What is suffering?
Suffering is the opposite of pleasure, blissfulness and/or happiness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odumeje Makes History As He Becomes The First Pastor To Sign Endorsement Deal / Rev Soyinka’s Wife Debunks False Allegations Against Dr DK Olukoya / Prayer Against Picking Snail In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.