Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Church's Money: What Should The Financial Behavior Of Church Owners Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church's Money: What Should The Financial Behavior Of Church Owners Look Like? (380 Views)

Pastor Sends Groom Out Of Church On His Wedding Day For Not Shaving Beards (vid) / Lawrence Kozak, Catholic Priest Stole ₦55M From Church Money To Play Candy Crush / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church's Money: What Should The Financial Behavior Of Church Owners Look Like? by naaija: 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
To begin with, For the sake of making profits or for whatsoever reason that i am not a judge over, there're pages in the bible i have realized our church leaders don't preach. It varies with our respective denominations, Pastors and Priests alike. No church is exempted.

Here are two basic identities of a successful church owner

Property Investments
Luxuries and Lifestyles

What has happened to salvation of souls, helping the poor, rekindling the hopes of the hopeless, what happened to the teachings of Jesus Christ for who our Pastors and Priests claim to represent or are they just doing it right and i should simply not be a judge over them?

As much as i agree that religion is not a scam, knowing fully well that the bible recorded about these days where many will come in Christ's name, I'm also trying hard not to accept that most of the church owners today are businessmen (Just avoiding the word scammers.

Like in family businesses in Nigeria especially, and Africa generally, Church leaders are either led to hand over to their wife, their son, or their in-laws. This brings up the question: Is it the same Spirit that speaks to Bonnke that is speaking to these Papas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8XeoYmwQB8

Above is a 1 minute drone coverage clip of an Onitsha based pastor Chukwuemeka Odumeje who has earlier claimed that he doesn't collect offering in one of his money spraying antics. He is remarkably the most known Pastor in Onitsha of today, known to be patronized majorly by young people - celebrities, actors and moneybags mostly. Odumejeje is one Pastor who sprays money virtually everywhere, including when he arrives as guest at any event and even right inside his church. Prophet is an amazing singer too, and has a congregation that’s very responsive, singing and dancing whenever he mounts the stage. I also tried to add what Apostle Suleiman has to say on private jet acquisition.

That Brings me to the question: What Should the Financial Behavior of Church Owners Look Like?

Lalasticlala, OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

WARNING For Christains: This Is The Article That Has Been Going Viral; / Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS / I Wanted To Commit Suicide But God Saved Me Through Bishop Jakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.