Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,609 members, 7,958,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS (381 Views)

Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / Pastor Adeboye Warns Of Impending Plague In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by lawrenzoo: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2020
Many people ask if this is the wrath of God that is meant to destroy all human kinds? I will say NO, First we need to understand that God has an everlasting covenant with us already, he is God that will not go back on his words, he has promised never to wipe living creatures again for as long as the Earth Endures. GENESIS 9 vs 8 to 17

So why is this plague here?

This plague is just a call for repentance from God. Look at 2nd chronicles 7 vs13 to 14

If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:13‭-‬14 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2ch.7.13-14.KJV

There is already a solution to this, All God wants us to do is to repent of our wrong doing, come back to him, seek his face and follow is words according to proverbs chapter 3, this is the revelation of God.

We need to look deeply into our spirit and see where we have all missed it, either through fornication, lost, adultery, idolatry, lies, and all manner of despicable things that God frowned at.

This is for us that are called sons of God to retract from all our wrong doing and cry out to God for mercy, A time for our Government leaders too to go before the Lord God almighty and ask for mercies for the evil ways they have treated people that God has placed under them to care for and direct, so also some Pastors too, for the ways they have deceived people and twisted the bible to suit their own selfish interest all because of money, I understand some has already sold their souls to the devil, so there is no call for repentance that can change those, but we still have lots of pastor that can come back to God and make their ways right. If we all can repent of our inequities and change for Good, he will surely have mercy upon us and heal our Land.

Cry out to God today.

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by lawrenzoo: 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by petra1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
You are right brother

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by Zodiac61(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
So, did god cause this pandemic?
If he did, then he is not good.
If he did not, then he is not powerful.
Either way, what is his point?

2 Likes

Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by LordReed(m): 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Zodiac61:

Apparently he is like a mafia boss extorting you for protection from the bad things he can do to you.

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Diseases have been around since centuries and even before Christ. Diseases do affect the physical nature of man and not the spiritual part, man is gifted with a degree of knowledge and wisdom to tackle such and to prevent such as the case maybe.
Coronavirus is not God's wrath, it's simply somewhat a mother nature thing, just like we have lightening, stroms, flood, earthquake etc that's how the earth works and nature can act anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by Buliwyf: 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
But why though? Why does your god talk with plagues and destruction? Why doesn't he just appear in the sky so that everyone can see him immediately and then tell everybody the right thing to do so we don't have so many confusing religions and sects?

Are you saying your god is inefficient and lacks good judgement? I will say that explains why his followers exhibit similar poor judgement.

A god that is omnipotent should certainly have better ways of convincing his creatures to follow his intended path instead acting like a petulant child and throwing around plagues with no goal or strategy in mind?

2 Likes

Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by lawrenzoo: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2020
Buliwyf:
But why though? Why does your god talk with plagues and destruction? Why doesn't he just appear in the sky so that everyone can see him immediately and then tell everybody the right thing to do so we don't have so many confusing religions and sects?

Are you saying your god is inefficient and lacks good judgement? I will say that explains why his followers exhibit similar poor judgement.

A god that is omnipotent should certainly have better ways of convincing his creatures to follow his intended path instead acting like a petulant child and throwing around plagues with no goal or strategy in mind?

My dear brother, first, I serve GOD and not god. We are dealing with humans here, and God is not human for him to appear to us, God can only appear in a spiritual form which we are not qualified for that yet because of our sinful nature, but he speaks, God speaks to people alot, he speaks to those that are willing to hear him, and to hear God is very easy. You need to take your time to study that book called bible, because every of your questions has an answer in there, and that is why he has prepared that has a law and a light to our part.

When God created the world, what did he use? WORDS. His dealings with Adam and Eve, and even our forefathers, in the times of Abraham, Moses and the rest was through words, None of them saw God directly and purely, but heard him clearly.

The only thing that qualifies you to see God and his dwelling place is your spirit, which your body(flesh) is presently covering, and until you drop that flesh when you die before you can see him, but then, you have to also choose before death if your desire is to see him or the devil, and what qualifies you to see him in your spiritual form is also your level of righteousness and acceptance of his Son Jesus Christ whom he came through to reveal himself to us.

So long that we are still humans, let's deal with his voice for now, and to hear him is so simple, abstain from Sin, and believe in him. If you are for him, then believe that this plague will never come on you.

Remember that even the last punishment in the day he comes to take all souls is never for his children, but for those who have been so adamant in their heart not to do God's will and what are his wills? Accept Jesus Christ his son, Abstain from sin, Love your brother as yourself and believe in him, is that a difficult thing for us? If God allowed things like this, it is only to show us that even with all the human understanding that we all rely on, it can still fail us.

You know what? I like practical things, why not take time this night before you sleep, and pray to that God that you despise to reveal himself to you, do it genuinely and see if he will not. If you can do this, then your doubts and questions will all be answered.
Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by OtemAtum: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2020
It's a lie. Humanity hasn't done anything worth the anger of EXISTENCE(God). This thing is just a part of nature. Even when something similar happened billions of years back, it was accepted as part of natural occurrences. It was caused by Chaleb, one of the past early beings.
Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by Primesky(m): 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Zodiac61:

If a law is passed today criminalizing kidnapping and militancy or terrorism, and some persons still go ahead to offend the law. Say the truth

1. Will it be good for the president/government to do nothing at all, if the president does, will he be called a wicked man?.

2. If there are laws against crime in the land, and some people stubbornly choose to offend it, will it be an act of 'goodness', 'love', 'kindness' etc for the president to look the other way?.

If you accuse God for punishing evil assumming that's the reason for what is on ground now, then you are wrong to blame the government for not fighting insecurity. It means you are a double standard person.

Hear me well, If God fails to punish evil and wickedness even after calling for repentance, then His righteousness will be called to question. A righteous God will surely punish evil, sin and wickedness, all we as humans need to do is repent, and that's God's interest. He is more interested in our repentance and salvation than our punishment, but when men behave stupid, stubborn, arroangant and careless, the big stick needs to be applied. Unfortunately, God's big stick is very painful. So the rest of mankind needs to choose between His big stick and His big love.

Jesus Christ saves still!.
Re: Unanswered Question About This Plague - CORONA VIRUS by lawrenzoo: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Primesky post=87955638]

If a law is passed today criminalizing kidnapping and militancy or terrorism, and some persons still go ahead to offend the law. Say the truth

1. Will it be good for the president/government to do nothing at all, if the president does, will he be called a wicked man?.

2. If there are laws against crime in the land, and some people stubbornly choose to offend it, will it be an act of 'goodness', 'love', 'kindness' etc for the president to look the other way?.

If you accuse God for punishing evil assumming that's the reason for what is on ground now, then you are wrong to blame the government for not fighting insecurity. It means you are a double standard person.

Hear me well, If God fails to punish evil and wickedness even after calling for repentance, then His righteousness will be called to question. A righteous God will surely punish evil, sin and wickedness, all we as humans need to do is repent, and that's God's interest. He is more interested in our repentance and salvation than our punishment, but when men behave stupid, stubborn, arroangant and careless, the big stick needs to be applied. Unfortunately, God's big stick is very painful. So the rest of mankind needs to choose between His big stick and His big love.

Jesus Christ saves still!.
kiss

(1) (Reply)

I Wanted To Commit Suicide But God Saved Me Through Bishop Jakes / Mubarak Bala Arrested For Blasphemy (humanist Leader) / Are these Celebrity Converts Truly Getting Saved, or Just Playing Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.