Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin (1589 Views)

Kano Rerun: Thugs Knock-out Voter’s Teeth For Voting A Different Party (photo) / Kwankwaso House taken over by Gama Residents ahead of Kano Rerun / Omisore Agrees To Support PDP In Osun Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by fergie001: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
https://dailynigerian.com/kano-rerun-abdulmumin-jibrin-concedes-defeat-says-ive-strong-reservations-but-wont-go-to-court/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Former House of Representatives member who represented Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency, Abdulmumin Jibrin has conceded defeat to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Aliyu Detti-Yako who won the Saturday’s rerun election in Kano.

Recall that Mr Detti-Yako had secured victory at the poll with 48,601 votes as against Mr Jibrin’s13,507 votes.

In a statement on Sunday, Mr Jibrin said he had accepted the outcome of the election which he claimed to have won, “fairly and squarely but our mandate was stolen”.

Mr Jibrin, a former chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, however, said: “I do not intend to file a petition against his declaration as the winner. It is time to move on.”
Read the full statement below:

KIRU/BEBEJI KANO RE-RUN ELECTIONS SO LONG, FAREWELL…

The Kiru/Bebeji re-run election was held on Saturday 25th January, 2020 as scheduled. My constituents came out en mass to exercise their civic responsibility but were denied their franchise to vote the candidate and party of their choice through the application of maximum force in all the wards of our constituency except my home town of Kofa, Bebeji that proved impenetrable. We know we won the election fairy and squarely but our mandate was stolen.

In many units, elections never took place. The ballot boxes were diverted but scores were miraculously entered. The violence, thuggery and rigging that took place have been carefully documented, at least for posterity. I have strong reservations about the outcome of the elections. However, INEC has announced my opponent as the winner of the election.

Police, other security agencies and voters can bear witness to the fact that the electoral umpire announced the result not because my opponent had scored the majority of lawful votes. I am sure those of them saddled with the responsibility of ensuring a free and fair election but aided and abated this grave injustice against our people will be eternally trailed by the guilt of their conscience and await the ultimate judgement of God.

I have therefore accepted the outcome of the elections and wish to congratulate my opponent Aliyu Datti Ahmed who will continue from where I started about a decade ago and has now come to an end. I look forward to working closely with him and giving him whatever cooperation and assistance to settle down in his new role of representing our people. I do not intend to file petition against his declaration as winner. It is time to move on.

I wish to thank Mr President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, National Chairman of our party the APC, Governor and Government of Kano state, chairman of the Governors forum, my colleagues in the 7th, 8th, and 9th House and other leaders at the federal and state level for their intervention and support during this period. May I also specially and once again thank my Governor, our party leadership at the state level and members of our party in Kano for their support.

I thank my constituents who are still recovering from the trauma of what can best be described as a violent war against them, for giving me the opportunity to represent them on three occasions and the love and support they have showed me over the years.

I will continue to support the progress and development of my party, the APC both at the national and state levels and my constituency and constituents in my personal capacity as I have always done before I became an elected Representative nine years ago.

Abdulmumin Jibrin DanKofa PhD
(Jarman Bebeji)

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by madridguy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by seunmsg(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
So sad it ended this way. Loyalty is very important in politics. When you sign up to a political cause, you must remain loyal to the cause 100%. There is no room for standing in the middle.

People may blame Ganduje for being unforgiving but I won’t blame him. Jibrin turned against him when he needed the support of all his loyalists the most. No serious political leader would have forgiven him for such betrayal.
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Flyingngel(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
yea! sportsmanship spirit you got.

1 Like

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
You were really dealt with.

Gbaja started dealing with you and Ganduje finished it.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by seunmsg(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:
You were really dealt with.

Gbaja started dealing with you and Ganduje finished it.

Stop saying what you don’t know. The speaker and lots of leaders went to Kano to appeal to Ganduje on his behave. Kano APC members simply refused to forgive him. Don’t drag the speaker into this.
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
seunmsg:

Stop saying what you don’t know. The speaker and lots of leaders went to Kano to appeal to Ganduje on his behave. Kano APC members simply refused to forgive him. Don’t drag the speaker into this.

It was Gbaja that first showed the true character of. Who he is and where he come from. It came to Jubril unexpectedly.

Even Dogara gave him a better off, Gbaja gave him none.

So Gbaja really showed him the through character of west.

Jibrin learnt his lessons but in a bitter way.

1 Like

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by helinues: 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
As if you had a choice
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Helicobacter: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Meme

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Maxymilliano(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
He will further dig his grave if he goes to court, 2023 is around the 2023 ... Just hang on
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by kingdomexploits(m): 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jubrin and ganduje will fight it to finish in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Daviddson(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:

It was Gbaja that first showed the true character of. Who he is and where he come from. It came to Jubril unexpectedly.

Even Dogara gave him a better off, Gbaja gave him none.

So Gbaja really showed him the through character of west.

Jibrin learnt his lessons but in a bitter way.
He was the one who asked the Speaker not to name him as head of any House committee.
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2020
Daviddson:
He was the one who asked the Speaker not to name him as head of any House committee.

That's a pure lie. Gbaja has to go and meet him personally to plead and beg.

Gbaja only showed his true character sha which many knows already.

West...I never see.

1 Like

Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by slivertongue: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
dear Jubrin, APC will still rig u out in the court
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by ABCthings: 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
slivertongue:
dear Jubrin, APC will still rig u out in the court
.....Dear.....you.......
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Daviddson(m): 7:49am On Jan 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

That's a pure lie. Gbaja has to go and meet him personally to plead and beg.

Gbaja only showed his true character sha which many knows already.

West...I never see.
Really? What must have influenced him to make the decision not to give him a slot - your campaign chairman at that?
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 27, 2020
Daviddson:
Really? What must have influenced him to make the decision not to give him a slot - your campaign chairman at that?

That's the reason is very hard to trust someone from west. They are ready to betray you anytime.

Jibril toiled and sacrificed a lot to see Gbaja on seat but in all committee chairman Gbaja couldn't give him any slot..

Rather he went to appease him which means he has already started working against jibril.

Jibril learnt his lesson but in a bitter way.
Re: Kano Rerun: ‘I have strong reservations but I won't go to court' -Jibrin by Daviddson(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

That's the reason is very hard to trust someone from west. They are ready to betray you anytime.

Jibril toiled and sacrificed a lot to see Gbaja on seat but in all committee chairman Gbaja couldn't give him any slot..

Rather he went to appease him which means he has already started working against jibril.

Jibril learnt his lesson but in a bitter way.
Now you're being tribalistic; stop it. The people who conspired against him to his losing this election must have been the same people who pressured Gbaja not to give him a slot. Or he wanted to be through with his election tussle before taking up any post.

(1) (Reply)

Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria / SOS: Boko Haram Currently Attacking Hawul LGA, Southern Borno. / We Need Phone Numbers of DPO Iyaganku Police Station Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.