Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria (1590 Views)

Revealed: Anti IPOB Igbos Are The Ones Burning Biafran Properties On Mondays / Enugu Massacre: Forget IPOB, They Are Ndigbo By Aloy Ejimakor / IPoB: Igbos come here and discuss Biafra agitation as led by Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by EastisBae: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lot's of Nigerians don't really look beyond the surface on issues but will rather take things on the face value. What many do not know is that Igbos actually love Nigeria but were forced to hate it due to circumstances beyond their control. I repeat, Igbos and Fulanis are the two tribes that love Nigeria the most and would want to save it from breaking up and I will provide facts to back up my assertions.
Something is really going on underground that many do not understand in Nigeria. At the moment, the people that actually want to break free from Nigeria and are praying fervently for it in their minds are the Yorubas. Yes, the Yorubas, particularly their elite wants Nigeria to break up but are afraid to come out openly to voice it because of the consequences. So they're hoping for IPOB or the Niger Delta militants to fight the North so they can use the opportunity to declare Oduduwa.

Yorubas know that oil has gone past its prime and since Nigeria utilized the oil boom resources to develop Lagos and build up its infrastructure, Lagos is now strong enough to not just support itself but also support the entire SW/Oduduwa so Nigeria can't do more for them anymore than they can do for themselves with Lagos.....

6 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by EastisBae: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
Niger Delta is another region that would have loved to break away from Nigeria but they're afraid of their future. God actually blessed the region with natural resources i.e oil and gas but they were unfortunate to have so many tribes and ethnicities in a geographic area that would be perfect for insurgency to take root. A discernible observer knows that there is a high chance of civil war/rebelion taking hold once Niger Delta is made a nation as they're currently constituted. So, the minorities there except the Ijaws would prefer a Nigerian that would offer them some sort of protection than having a country where there would be no peace....

5 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Mayng01(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Bkayyy: 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nice analysis

1 Like

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by EastisBae: 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2020
So, how are the Igbos going to fight to save Nigeria, you may ask considering how they're the most vocal in calling for its break-up? Good question! However, like I told you earlier, Igbos have always believed in Nigeria even during the colonial times.

So why did Igbos fight a civil war that wiped out their economy and made them to lose an estimated 3 million people if they like Nigeria? Another good question! Now, let me inform you that Igbos only declared Biafra because they were forced to do so. The counter coup of June 1966 led to a pogrom in the North that resulted in the death of over 30,000 Igbos in the most gruesome way and the perpetrators had government support. This made Igbo elite alongside elites from the Niger Delta through the Eastern House Assembly to pressure Ojukwu to declare Biafra. Then a civil war followed.....

1 Like

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by EastisBae: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
Igbos are naturally businessmen who see everywhere as their own territory where they can provide services and money. Go to the North, go to the West, go to the South, and you will see Igbos in the most remote villages running the only supermarket, chemist or building materials shop in the entire remote village. Now, they've long began to move into the rest of Subsaharan Africa. When people look at how beautiful many Eastern cities are with nice real estates and neighborhoods, they don't really know the secret why. The answer lies in massive remmitances coming into the region from within and outside Nigeria. Check most of the houses being built or hotels and you will discover that the owner is most likely abroad. The North may have Dangote and Bua, the West may have Adenuga and Alakija but Igbos have hundreds of thousands of average millionaires scattered all over Nigeria. These Igbos have invested billions in investments across Nigeria. Now the likes of Dangote, Adenuga and hundreds of thousands of Igbo businessmen outside the SE won't want Nigeria to divide. Look at what is happening in Ghana, that's a good example of what would happen to Igbo assets and interests should Nigeria divide......

1 Like

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Coneheadyutes(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
EastisBae:
Lot's of Nigerians don't really look beyond the surface on issues but will rather take things on the face value. What many do not know is that Igbos actually love Nigeria but were forced to hate it due to circumstances beyond their control. I repeat, Igbos and Fulanis are the two tribes that love Nigeria the most and would want to save it from breaking up and I will provide facts to back up my assertions.
Something is really going on underground that many do not understand in Nigeria. At the moment, the people that actually want to break free from Nigeria and are praying fervently for it in their minds are the Yorubas. Yes, the Yorubas, particularly their elite wants Nigeria to break up but are afraid to come out openly to voice it because of the consequences. So they're hoping for IPOB or the Niger Delta militants to fight the North so they can use the opportunity to declare Oduduwa.

Yorubas know that oil has gone past its prime and since Nigeria utilized the oil boom resources to develop Lagos and build up its infrastructure, Lagos is now strong enough to not just support itself but also support the entire SW/Oduduwa so Nigeria can't do more for them anymore than they can do for themselves with Lagos.....

Calms, what sort of nonsense is this?

Are you mad?

EastisBae:
Igbos are naturally businessmen who see everywhere as their own territory where they can provide services and money. Go to the North, go to the West, go to the South, and you will see Igbos in the most remote villages running the only supermarket, chemist or building materials shop in the entire remote village. Now, they've long began to move into the rest of Subsaharan Africa. When people look at how beautiful many Eastern cities are with nice real estates and neighborhoods, they don't really know the secret why. The answer lies in massive remmitances coming into the region from within and outside Nigeria. Check most of the houses being built or hotels and you will discover that the owner is most likely abroad. The North may have Dangote and Bua, the West may have Adenuga and Alakija but Igbos have hundreds of thousands of average millionaires scattered all over Nigeria. These Igbos have invested billions in investments across Nigeria. Now the likes of Dangote, Adenuga and hundreds of thousands of Igbo businessmen outside the SE won't want Nigeria to divide. Look at what is happening in Ghana, that's a good example of what would happen to Igbo assets and interests should Nigeria divide......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Difrent: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
EastisBae:

like what and what circumstances?
and when did you start hating Nigeria?
your candidate lost an election then suddenly circumstances were no longer favourable to you and so YOU WANT TO BREAK UP THE COUNTRY........you are one greedy lot
under GEJ , there was no yoruba man in the first 17 position in the country, when yoruba leaders complained, yall laughed at them, thinking in your small brains PDP will rule for 60 years.......now the table turned and you just remembered everybody hates you....

everyone has seen that it was pure greed that was driving the biafra agitations and NO ONE IS INTIMADATED BY YOUR THREATS ANYMORE....

3 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
Igbos and Fulanis are the two tribes that love Nigeria the most and would want to save it from breaking up

Fact
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by GBTYO: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
The OP is 100% correct .

These Igbos are more Niggerian than any other nationality.

I even stated that in future, Igbos will align with the north to fight against Niger Delta seccesion.

Igbos are the biggest hypocrites in Nigeria and they are not victims but the major villains in Niggerian history .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by privaldo: 5:15am On Nov 25, 2020
EastisBae:
Niger Delta is another region that would have loved to break away from Nigeria but they're afraid of their future. God actually blessed the region with natural resources i.e oil and gas but they were unfortunate to have so many tribes and ethnicities in a geographic area that would be perfect for insurgency to take root. A discernible observer knows that there is a high chance of civil war/rebelion taking hold once Niger Delta is made a nation as they're currently constituted. So, the minorities there except the Ijaws would prefer a Nigerian that would offer them some sort of protection than having a country where there would be no peace....

Only talk of what you know before you bring war to the doorsteps of innocent people, the Niger Delta does not seek to break away but will peacefully secede if a day comes when the country is broken up.
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by privaldo: 5:20am On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:
The OP is 100% correct .

These Igbos are more Niggerian than any other nationality.

I even stated that in future, Igbos will align with the north to fight against Niger Delta seccesion.

Igbos are the biggest hypocrites in Nigeria and they are not victims but the major villains in Niggerian history .

Unfortunately, we in the Niger Delta have no plans break away we only hope for a regional system of government. The Niger Delta will only leave Nigeria when every other chooses to break away.
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Sammy07: 5:33am On Nov 25, 2020
EastisBae:

Lols.
Well I don't know of others o, for me I prefer we Yorubas break away from Nigeria.

Because we ain't making use of our potentials here.
Every FG, before you implement something, FG must approved. Mtcheww

I prefer we Yorubas (SW + Kwara and kogi west) to break away from Nigeria.
We have the land for agriculture
we have port and sea
we have borders
we have oil.
we have gas.
we have the manpower
we have the human resources
we have the brain
we have the education
we have the tourist attraction
we have big big churches (tourism e.g Rccg, winners etc)
we have the population

what else do we lack? absolutely nothing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Imo042: 5:46am On Nov 25, 2020
Igbo and Fulani can't exist in Nigeria, one must be curved out for peace to rain.

The 1999 constitution is our problem.

We need justice in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Muna4real(f): 6:27am On Nov 25, 2020
I think the north needs their own country more than we do. I say this because they already have a religious law or constitution ( sharia) which they seem to be more loyal to than the Nigerian constitution. It's like they are forced to follow the Nigerian constitution and as a result, their leaders try to adjust the Nigerian constitution to suit them most times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:35am On Nov 25, 2020
EastisBae:

The 4th igbo thread this morning

1 Like

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by survivor10(m): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2020
OP made sense in a way. Yorubas have everything to stand out as a country, and holding their ground in west Africa. I laugh when they call out IPOB and rejoice in the unity of Nigeria.

They will do well as an independent country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by helinues: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2020
undecided

And why are you guys still holding grudges towards others since after the civil war if you indeed really love Nigeria?
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by OAUTemitayo: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2020
EastisBae:

Nigeria didn't develop Lagos with oil boom.
Dead this mass ignorance

1 Like

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 8:52am On Nov 25, 2020
Imo042:
Igbo and Fulani can't exist in Nigeria, one must be curved out for peace to rain.

The 1999 constitution is our problem.

We need justice in this country.

The problem between the two is that while Igbos are peaceful and progressive in nature, the Fulanis are anti development and fatalists.

Igbos give Nigeria 90% but receive 10% in return while Fulanis give Nigeria 10% but receive 90%.

Also, religious and ideological differences is another problem.

Fulanis are Nigeria's biggest problem and threat to peaceful coexistence. Nigerians should find a way to tame them or they will eventually set this country on fire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 8:54am On Nov 25, 2020
OAUTemitayo:

Nigeria didn't develop Lagos with oil boom.
Dead this mass ignorance

Aren't you the one exhibiting ignorance? Nigeria developed Lagos to what it is today, 100%! Without Nigeria, Lagos won't have been any different than Cotonou or Porto Novo. Stop being ungrateful.

2 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2020
helinues:
undecided

And why are you guys still holding grudges towards others since after the civil war if you indeed really love Nigeria?

No ethnic group will endure what Igbos have passed through in Nigeria without being broken. It is natural to hold grudges against an oppressive system.

Let Igbos produce the president and have federal government invest in the region like they've been investing in others, and see if Igbos won't accept Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Kloenboi: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2020
PURE GARBAGE
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by Imo042: 8:57am On Nov 25, 2020
BastardWike:

The problem between the two is that while Igbos are peaceful and progressive in nature, the Fulanis are anti development and fatalists.

Igbos give Nigeria 90% but receive 10% in return while Fulanis give Nigeria 10% but receive 90%.

Also, religious and ideological differences is another problem.

Fulanis are Nigeria's biggest problem and threat to peaceful coexistence. Nigerians should find a way to tame them or they will eventually set this country on fire.

Fulani is a problem to the rise of Africa, Black people all over the world are in Fulani bondage but they don't know.

The 1999 constitution is anti progress.
Southerners will do better if we be on our own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2020
To me, the main reason Igbos want out of Nigeria is due to mass killings and bloodshed being perpetrated here. Igbos value life and see it as sacrosanct while Northern Muslims, particularly Fulanis and Kanuris don't value life one bit. These are two extreme ideologies and except something is done to limit the two groups with distinct value system from sharing same laws and polity, there will always be problems.

2 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by LukasPodolski: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
The 4th igbo thread this morning
created by an igboman!
so what's the fuse about this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by omenka(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2020
Truth be told, Igbos are good in business, God has blessed an average igbo man with that.

Give an Igbo man 500k today, by the time you're back five years later, he'd probably have made it up to at least 5 million.

No time for flexing or frivolous stuffs, just business. A doughnut and a bottle of coke and lunch is taken care of, with dinner just a little different. Everything is plaughed back into the business and you see it grow naturally.

I just don't know why their brothers on the forum sound so different.

3 Likes

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by OAUTemitayo: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2020
BastardWike:

Aren't you the one exhibiting ignorance? Nigeria developed Lagos to what it is today, 100%! Without Nigeria, Lagos won't have been any different than Cotonou or Porto Novo. Stop being ungrateful.
Which part of Lagos was developed by Nigeria?
Most parts of Lagos were formerly part of Western region not FG.
Apapa, Ikeja etc were all western region.
The only landmark project with economic value built by FG in Lagos is Third Mainland Bridge.
Apapa port was built by British from taxes collected from Yorubas in Lagos.
Lagos Airport was built during colonial era.
Major Industrial estates in Lagos were built by Awolowo.
Oshodi was never FCT , same for most part of Lagos.
So what exactly did FG do to give Lagos a special treatment?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 10:33am On Nov 25, 2020
omenka:
Truth be told, Igbos are good in business, God has blessed an average igbo man with that.

Give an Igbo man 500k today, by the time you're back five years later, he'd probably have made it up to at least 5 million.

No time for flexing or frivolous stuffs, just business. A doughnut and a bottle of coke and lunch is taken care of, with dinner just a little different. Everything is plaughed back into the business and you see it grow naturally.

I just don't know why their brothers on the forum sound so different.

You're right. Igbos actually need Nigeria for the huge market it provides. Nigeria's size is a great asset for any investor or businessman. Breaking up Nigeria should be a last resort if everything fails but if it can be saved, it will be in everyone's interest.
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by waldigit: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2020
EastisBae:

What South East really want is a big bite from the pie - presidency.
Re: Forget IPOB, Igbos Are Going To Fight Against Break-up Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2020
OAUTemitayo:

Which part of Lagos was developed by Nigeria?
Most parts of Lagos were formerly part of Western region not FG.
Apapa, Ikeja etc were all western region.
The only landmark project with economic value built by FG in Lagos is Third Mainland Bridge.
Apapa port was built by British from taxes collected from Yorubas in Lagos.
Lagos Airport was built during colonial era.
Major Industrial estates in Lagos were built by Awolowo.
Oshodi was never FCT , same for most part of Lagos.
So what exactly did FG do to give Lagos a special treatment?

You're not being truthful to yourself and that's a big problem because you see everything from a biased ethnic prism.

If it wasn't Nigeria that developed Lagos, then why is it only Lagos that is massively developed in the SW?

Why didn't you replicate that development in Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode etc.

Aside the infrastructure and other amenities federal government concentrated in Lagos, the strength of Lagos is also partly due to the fact that it's servicing a country of 200 million people with the largest economy in Africa.

If Lagos was never made the capital of Nigeria, do you think it would be anywhere close to what it is today?

Some of you Yorubas can be very dishonest.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is THIS Obasanjo's Real Igbo Name? / Niger Deltans Still Believes In One Nigeria - Vond / Live Update From SW PDP Zonal Congress: Makinde Candidate Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.