Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) (33594 Views)

Nigeria Stock Exchange Ranked World’s Best-Performing Stock Market In 2020 / The Best Cities To Hustle And Make Money In Nigeria - Smartlazyhustler / Top 10 Cities To Start-up Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Gazzy88(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
frog12:
but isn't akure neater and safer ??

Have you been to Abẹ́òkúta lately?
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Nvc078: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
Dareal90s:

So those are the Igbo's u ar talking abt, only celebs? Which other category of Igbo's do u av to tender?

Evans?

Go Ajegunle, Mushin, Oshodi, Ikorodu go see ur suffering brothers.

Out of the 85% only 15 celebs get house for Lagos. Even Hausa get house for Lagos pass Igbo's.
provided they haven't join in the western skull mining,i don't have issues with what they do.take a trip to Ojo,from Volts to Ajamgbadi...point a single house that belongs to a yoruba man...awon accommodators that have not accommodated themselves.why wouldn't you say Hausa owns Lagos? AFTER ALL THEY DEFEATED AFONJA HIMSELVE IN ILLORIN.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by churchee: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Dareal90s:

Can u buy a land nd build a land with fanyogo or pufpuf money? grin

grin grin grin
Said by someone living in his father's house in Iyana Ipaja
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

The thing you should understand is that no matter how many houses or businesses you have in Lagos, you are an ordinary tourist whose time is limited

Says who? Do u know how many yorubas that have houses in the UK? That was how your father waited for crisis to erupt so that he can take over chibueke house , he waited till he died under third main land bridge . If you continue with this mentality, you will die wretched like your father. Even if Nigeria is divided today, Ibo men can still retain the their assets in the southwest just as your Yoruba people retain all they have in the UK and elsewhere. Keep dreaming of reaping where you don't sow.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Waterview:

Didn't you see kiddo in my reply, I knew he was a retard.
I don't argue with fools, that's why I let that pass.

You are a slowpoke. Go out and hustle and stop hoping to inherit ibos wealth.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Dareal90s(m): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
churchee:

grin grin grin
Said by someone living in his father's house in Iyana Ipaja
Thank God am living in my father's house, am not a bastard. Shey ur father get house for lag? Abi na fanyogo bicycle hin dey push too?
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Dareal90s(m): 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
perryy:

You are a slowpoke. Go out and hustle and stop hoping to inherit ibos wealth.
Ahah, fanyogo bicycle don turn wealth?
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gazzy88:
If naija should split up today, Lagos goes with Yorubas so why all this noise from "developers" or they think they would still be allow to stay behind? All this noise about who controls Lagos has been settled. Yorubas own Lagos, others are just tenants that can be sent packing when the call comes. If you like build all over Lagos, you will leave when the pressure start mounting. Ogun state is the next big thing after Lagos as the stats are there for everyone to see. We don't make mouths, we act.

I hope you or your dad has at least a house in Lagos ? If you don't have a house and are here talking , I pity you. Ibo man will send you out of his house in Lagos if u can't pay your rent. For you ur information, the Fulani , our masters can NEVER Allow Nigeria to break up . All ibo men know this ,the reason they don't fear investing in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by DEROX: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
Don't be surprised when they include lagos in their map i mean the acclaimed developersuuu
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=HAKYN1 post=86154874]

Even when Lagos was the federal capital, out of the three regional capitals, Ibadan senior both Enugu and Kaduna with a wide margin in terms of development. It is common of Ibos to find excuse to downplay others achievements and promote any little achievement from their side. There are so many Yoruba entrepreneurs [/quote

Name any reasonable market in Ibadan ? During regional era, do u know Porth Harcourt was part of the south east ?]
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by churchee: 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
Dareal90s:

Thank God am living in my father's house, am not a bastard. Shey ur father get house for lag? Abi na fanyogo bicycle hin dey push too?

It is well, you will soon leave to your own house. Ndi Igbo are not your problem, good luck.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
totit:

Yoruba wannabe. I am familiar with this fake moniker.

Yeah right, since we can all conjure figures out of the blue.

I should let you know that I know of 1million of yoruba families that owns almost all the businesses and houses in onitsha. In fact, SW can buy the whole of SE, I mean, oguna state alone.

Radarade oshe. Virtual billionaires everywhere.
Nonsense! cheesy

Lmao cheesy

Historically, obankkoro's family, Oba Akiolu's family and many others , including ours are from Benin. Only people from remote regions of Ekiti , Ondo , oyo , ogun would come to Lagos to be jealous of the ibos. The real lagosians do business with them and make money. If you have a car , you would understand there is no no Yoruba parts dealer , you would understand the importance of the ibos.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Expert17: 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2020
perryy:

Keep mute. A true rich man won't have your poverty mentality. When I was poor like you, I used to jealous ibos as well. Ho hustle jare

U are still poor, wen u are with someone like me.........
Hustle hard
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Expert17:

U are still poor, wen u are with someone like me.........
Hustle hard
. I'm talking of hard earned money. Not yahoo money or skull money. How many shops do u have in Lagos ? Or where have you worked ? I left the bank to start up my business about five years ago , after being motivated by some Igbo friends, and it has been so far so good. I'm not fighting you , only advice. My brother in-law is learning motor spare parts dealership from an ibo man . He is a full blooded Yoruba guy ,but instead of him to be jealous of them like you , he chose to understudy them and make his money as well. And you can do likewise.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Dareal90s(m): 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
churchee:

It is well, you will soon leave to your own house. Ndi Igbo are not your problem, good luck.
Lick my asssz
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by KekeNash(f): 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
lucianohase:
I respect one country when it comes to this, South Africa! These start up firms are not concentrated joubourg alone but Cape town . If an inventory is taken for 100 cities, more South African states will enter the line up, more than any other country.
make it top 30 we will have 10 cities on the list, CT, Joburg, bloemfontein, Pretoria, Durban, Rustenburg, port elizabeth, Nelspruit, Polokwane and Kimberly

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Expert17: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
perryy:
. I'm talking of hard earned money. Not yahoo money or skull money. How many shops do u have in Lagos ? Or where have you worked ? I left the bank to start up my business about five years ago , after being motivated by some Igbo friends, and it has been so far so good. I'm not fighting you , only advice. My brother in-law is learning motor spare parts dealership from an ibo man . He is a full blooded Yoruba guy ,but instead of him to be jealous of them like you , he chose to understudy them and make his money as well. And you can do likewise.

After reading ur profile/life story,... U are truly poor...

Send ur Account Number
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Gazzy88(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2020
perryy:

I hope you or your dad has at least a house in Lagos ? If you don't have a house and are here talking , I pity you. Ibo man will send you out of his house in Lagos if u can't pay your rent. For you ur information, the Fulani , our masters can NEVER Allow Nigeria to break up . All ibo men know this ,the reason they don't fear investing in Lagos.
What tribe you be sef? I don't seem to understand your stand. Even if naija doesn't break up, for your mind now na you own Lagos àbí? No be una people again? Where were you when Tinubu was appointing iyalojas and babalojas over ibo dominated markets? From ladipo, trade-fair, alaba international, tejuoso etc. How on earth you lots think Yorubas are so daft to accommodate you still baffles me. We aren't stupid okay and I will still maintain my stance that all non Yorubas in Lagos are tenants and so shall it be. You claimed you lots has bought all the lands in Lagos but note that without c/o, those lands are not wholly sold but "leased" literally. Show me 5 igbo men that has c/o in Lagos, Emeka.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
perryy:

Says who? Do u know how many yorubas that have houses in the UK? That was how your father waited for crisis to erupt so that he can take over chibueke house , he waited till he died under third main land bridge . If you continue with this mentality, you will die wretched like your father. Even if Nigeria is divided today, Ibo men can still retain the their assets in the southwest just as your Yoruba people retain all they have in the UK and elsewhere. Keep dreaming of reaping where you don't sow.

Angry Igbo, ok

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Brymo4all(m): 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thank you very much

immaculatesense:

Abeokuta is better...I av lived in both...currently in Ilorin now

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by totit: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
[s]
perryy:

Historically, obankkoro's family, Oba Akiolu's family and many others , including ours are from Benin. Only people from remote regions of Ekiti , Ondo , oyo , ogun would come to Lagos to be jealous of the ibos. The real lagosians do business with them and make money. If you have a car , you would understand there is no no Yoruba parts dealer , you would understand the importance of the ibos.
[/s]

All these junk, you pulled them out of where?

Lmao. grin

Typical of nyamirrimln

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by totit: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gazzy88:
What tribe you be sef? I don't seem to understand your stand. Even if naija doesn't break up, for your mind now na you own Lagos àbí? No be una people again? Where were you when Tinubu was appointing iyalojas and babalojas over ibo dominated markets? From ladipo, trade-fair, alaba international, tejuoso etc. How on earth you lots think Yorubas are so daft to accommodate you still baffles me. We aren't stupid okay and I will still maintain my stance that all non Yorubas in Lagos are tenants and so shall it be. You claimed you lots has bought all the lands in Lagos but note that without c/o, those lands are not wholly sold but "leased" literally. Show me 5 igbo men that has c/o in Lagos, Emeka.

You fall for that psycho, nyamariin? Chei. You form my hand.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by totit: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
Expert17:

After reading ur profile/life story,... U are truly poor...

Send ur Account Number

I am still shocked as to how you all fall for that Ebonyi psycho rat cheesy
Can't ye all see the trait of the developer, nyamarrin in that thin grin
Lmao. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Expert17: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2020
totit:

I am still shocked as to how you all fall for that Ebonyi psycho rat cheesy

Lmao. grin

As in ehnnn.......

D guy get big issues grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by perryy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gazzy88:

You talk one unexposed boy. Does C of O only apply to non yorubas ? In my presence , I've seen many Yoruba chased out of a parcel of land bought with Cof O by an Ijaw man. Why did the yoruba man not present his tribal mark to the court as proof of ownership? I've also seen a case of Yoruba Vs Yoruba where one has Cof O and the other do not have and the one with CofO was adjudged the true owner of the land . If a Yoruba man has a land in UK , the land is his same way the land bought by a Brits is his . If a Yoruba man can own a house in Dubai without being tagged a tenant, anybody can own a land anywhere without being tagged a tenant. So, stop your childish thinking. Is Tinubu even a lagosians? Well, I blame the Aworis who allowed others to take over their land in the name of one Yoruba . How many Aworis have ruled Ekiti, Osun, oyo or ondo? If not for the passivity of the Ayoris how would one man from Iragniji be claiming iyaloja in another man's state. Your way of reason is what made one Fulani man called us primitive. Stop being an ethnic lord, hustle and be freed from poverty.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by businessclique: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
mumumugu:
To equal development across the country. let the national capital be rotated say every 50 years.
It was lagoscturn, now Abuja, next should be a state in another political zone, . with time, development will come.
lagosian doing as if they are wonderful
I wanted to criticize your idea until I saw your username. Well done, great idea
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by OnyesomJ(m): 1:00am On Jan 28, 2020
Eko ni baje
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by 9jaRealist: 5:05am On Jan 28, 2020
>
EKO ONI BAJE! cool
>
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Gazzy88(m): 9:09am On Jan 28, 2020
totit:

You fall for that psycho, nyamariin? Chei. You form my hand.
Sorry bro, never knew he was being demented. I was just wasting my time on him for nothing. I don't know how someone un his right senses will still be laying claim to another man's land because they've been allowed to build on few parcels of land, claiming they see now land owners. They want Biafra but still want to remain in Lagos or mischievously take Lagos along with their utopia Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Gazzy88(m): 9:11am On Jan 28, 2020
Brymo4all:
Thank you very much
This Lagos is killing my dreams
Abeokuta is perfect for you if all you want is a sane city with peace of mind and its just 45 mins drive to Lagos. Due to the ongoing railway project, people are trooping enmasse to Abẹ́òkúta and Ibadan. Lagos stress is too much and overcrowded.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Brymo4all(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Thank you.
Is Akure far from Lagos?
Gazzy88:
Abeokuta is perfect for you if all you want is a sane city with peace of mind and its just 45 mins drive to Lagos. Due to the ongoing railway project, people are trooping enmasse to Abẹ́òkúta and Ibadan. Lagos stress is too much and overcrowded.
Re: Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) by Farki: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
slowice:
Lagos is a place where where all Nigerians irrespective of tribe converge for investment and business and more, some when Lagos is mentioned in statistics like this it doesn't really imply that the result is influence by yorubas alone, but by nigerians. All this tribal chest beating should stop already

It will stop when some certain people stop bragging that they are the only ones who developed Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oluwatoyin Subair: The MD Of HITV Shares His Touching Experience / Puzzle Book Mastery: Puzzle Making Software / Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.