Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing (57701 Views)

Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC / Oyo LG Elections: APC Candidates Win 610 Wards, Clear 33 Lgas, 35 Lcdas / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Blue3k(m): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet, una dey accuse PMB that he doesn't respect the judiciary. The same judiciary has long ruled that Makinde does not have power to sack the LG chairmen and the chairmen should be reinstated over 2 months now, but Makinde refused to adhere to the supreme Court judgement

Shut me up clown. If you disobey court orders you dont respect judiciary. I have no issues giving credit where it's due or criticizing when they're wrong.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by ridbell01(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
donpapa:
This is subjudice! Isn’t this case in court? Why is the AGF causing confusion here and there? Why can’t he allow the parties involved to exhaust all legal options and allow the rule of law to prevail.
why the governor dissolved them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
tomdon:
My God
This country is being plunged into anarchy by APC
Why can't they allow a governor govern his state in peace
Regardless of the animosity between obj and tinubu, obj never went this far with dictatorship
I'm sure this guy de see double now and wishing he had jejely stayed in his business lane
Why do most of you comment out of ignorance like this? When supreme Court has already given verdict over 2 months ago now, that No governor has the power to remove an elected Local government chairman from office,
So Makinde should still be allowed to carry out his impunity ?

4 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Larryndelaw: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
Blue3k:

After all the governors barking the chairman resumed office anyway. Lol who knows if he would have ordered Amotekun to stop them. The federal government did right stopping his unconstitutional actions.
Governor does not have power to dissolve council chairman because they were elected by the people. But the governors are doing the wrong

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
Blue3k:

Shut me up clown. If you disobey court orders you dont respect judiciary. I have no issues giving credit where it's due or criticizing when they're wrong.
Your ignorance is number on the list

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Larryndelaw: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
ridbell01:
why the governor dissolved them
Bicos the governors think they are gods. Thunder fire the governors

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by tomdon(m): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
Afamed:

Why do most of you comment out of ignorance like this? When supreme Court has already given verdict over 2 months ago now, that No governor has the power to remove an elected Local government chairman from office,
So Makinde should still be allowed to carry out his impunity ?

Verdict over a case still being adjudicated on??
Oga get your ignorant self updated
Which sham selections are you even referring to
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Wallade(m): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
unitysheart:
Better. Governor's are usually mad when it comes to Local Government. How can you remove elected officials like say na your commissioners dem be.

Which election brought them into office? Was it the one Ajumobi conducted when he was about to leave office?

The AGF and APC are simply trying to frustrate Makinde's government.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Blue3k(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Afamed:

Your ignorance is number on the list

Go wash your face you dirty brown noser.

Larryndelaw:

Governor does not have power to dissolve council chairman because they were elected by the people. But the governors are doing the wrong

Agreed they're power drunk. If only state assemblies did their jobs reigning them in. Oh well they're the real rubber stamp..
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2020
Blue3k:

Its wrong it took the federal government to reign him in. The state assembly should handled it first. State legislators are the real rubber stamp assemblies.
Is the state house of assembly superior to the judgement giving by the supreme Court ?

A confused mofo you are

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
sLentlover7778:
That wan no concern me.. my own problem na my local government chairman.. The man only comes around during ending of the month to collect his allocation and travel back to states...no single project commission by him...

I know say one day we go get sense Las Las.. grin grin grin

they only drives big big jeeps around, they are useless

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
Wallade:

Which election brought them into office? Was it the one Ajumobi conducted when he was about to leave office?

But in Ekiti state, Fayose conducted local government election before he left. And when Fayemi came, those elected Local government chairmen are still in the office as we speak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by solmusdesigns: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
Wallade:

Atleast he conducted an election according to you, and PDP never challenged it, so legally they sold their birth right and nothing Makinde can do except he a lets them complete their term as stipulated by the law..

it is shamefull makinde that acts saintly is fighting hard to stiffle and annex LGA fund, isnt that mega corruption

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Blue3k(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
Afamed:

Is the state house of assembly superior to the judgement giving by the supreme Court ?

A confused mofo you are

Lol stop asking stupid questions. I said the state assembly should have stopped him. Your replies are getting foolish. Think before you talking.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Kingrefreshed: 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
This is a sincere apology I want to make. Sorry for those of you who still believe in Nigeria!
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol stop asking stupid questions. I said the state assembly should have stopped him. Your replies are getting foolish. Think before you talking.
Nonentity you are. When the state assembly fails to stop him, should the AG fail to stop him as instructed by the supreme Court? Abi why are you so confused like this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
as long as its unconstitutional, the gov was wrong but i cant say the same for Fayemi of Ekiti state.. he sacked all elected LGA chairmen that Fayose conducted elections for.. so which law works for Ekiti and doesnt work for Oyo??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by frowland(m): 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
donpapa:
This is subjudice! Isn’t this case in court? Why is the AGF causing confusion here and there? Why can’t he allow the parties involved to exhaust all legal options and allow the rule of law to prevail.
Firstly, you have to know the meaning of subjudice. Secondly, if you mean stay of execution on the matter then the LG chairmen have to resume duty pending the final outcome from the court.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
emmanuelpopson:
as long as its unconstitutional, the gov was wrong but i cant say the same for Fayemi of Ekiti state.. he sacked all elected LGA chairmen that Fayose conducted elections for.. so which law works for Ekiti and doesnt work for Oyo??
Stop saying rubbish. Fayemi has long reinstated the local government chairmen.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
FG APC should not scatter Oyo state
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by solmusdesigns: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
emmanuelpopson:

fayemi waited for the completion of the LGA chairmen's tenure

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
frowland:

Firstly, you have to know the meaning of subjudice. Secondly, if you mean stay of execution on the matter then the LG chairmen have to resume duty pending the final outcome from the court.
My brother , there is no single stay of execution anywhere. Supreme Court has long given a verdict regards this. No Gov has the power to sack any elected Local government chairman . That was the pronouncement of supreme Court close to 2 months now

7 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol your foolishness replies are tiring. I guess you cant stop yourself from typing out stupid questions. I said the federal government did right stopping him in first comment. The state assemblies should of stopped him first so the federal government wouldnt need to solve the issue
Keep quiet and stop being clever by half.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Blue3k(m): 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet and stop being clever by half.

Shut me up clown. Im glad you're finally out stupid questions to ask me.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by shola07(f): 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
this go sweet o
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by 9jahotblog: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
not true oooo.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by adenigga(m): 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2020
sLentlover7778:
That wan no concern me.. my own problem na my local government chairman.. The man only comes around during ending of the month to collect his allocation and travel back to states...no single project commission by him...

I know God will bless you for your comment.

You are on point!!!!
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by ud4u: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
sLentlover7778:

Like seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At Soludo’s 2nd Anniversary And Slap Saga Event (pictures) / ECOWAS Delegation: How Abdulsalami, Sultan Were Humiliated By Niger Junta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.