Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing (58119 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Former Rivers LG Chairmen Defy Police Order, Stage Protests / Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by unitysheart(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2020
Hadetosholafunm:

Guy, if you follow the election that brought these local government chairmen in,u will know that the election is not constitutional at all...no opposition party,no body 2 challenge them then(APC) .the election is more or less like appointment. And that is what this present administration is saying that the election is not constitutional, it not fair at all.but the case is still in court why the hooliganism attitudes from APC chairman?... They should wait 4 court ruling before taking any step...God bless Nigeria...

Why not allow court to make pronouncement before taking laws into your hand?
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Firefox01: 7:48am On Jan 28, 2020
funmike83:

Shebi we dey watch . tell then to go and resume today . like when Ajimobi came and sacked career officers too and court ordered him to re instate them back , did he obey? You guys are sleeping . mafo
I don't need to tell them. They'll definitely resume. Meanwhile stop being stupid bro. Are career officers now elected council chairmen?

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Firefox01: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2020
FrLukas:
The only move left for the governor is to starve the local government secretariat of money and let's see how they propose to run the place then.

But I don't understand o. Why did the state government sack elected representatives?
How many times will we state this here LOCAL GOVERNMENT FUNDS ARE NO LONGER IN THE HANDS OF THE GOVERNORS.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Firefox01: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2020
funmike83:
I think the best bet is to conduct a new election within the state and see if any of this werey APC will win in oyo again . the election APC held was within themselves so they were not duly elected. Quote me, na thunder go fire you except you have something meaningful
Keep on thinking. A new election will happen AFTER these set of chairmen's tenure has expired and we all know that PDP too will win every local govt if Makinde conducts it. It's the norm so nothing new in what you're saying.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Firefox01: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2020
Hadetosholafunm:

Guy, if you follow the election that brought these local government chairmen in,u will know that the election is not constitutional at all...no opposition party,no body 2 challenge them then(APC) .the election is more or less like appointment. And that is what this present administration is saying that the election is not constitutional, it not fair at all.but the case is still in court why the hooliganism attitudes from APC chairman?... They should wait 4 court ruling before taking any step...God bless Nigeria...
Stop being clueless! That other parties refused to contest in an election does not make it unconstitutional. The APC did not stop any party from contesting. The volume of ignorance you guys spew sometimes is mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2020
funmike83:
I think the best bet is to conduct a new election within the state and see if any of this werey APC will win in oyo again . the election APC held was within themselves so they were not duly elected. Quote me, na thunder go fire you except you have something meaningful
Is that the position of law? Or you are just being clueless as usual

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by funmike83(f): 9:36am On Jan 28, 2020
Afamed:

Is that the position of law? Or you are just being clueless as usual

Sorry oo, oponu

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by funmike83(f): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2020
Firefox01:
Keep on thinking. A new election will happen AFTER these set of chairmen's tenure has expired and we all know that PDP too will win every local govt if Makinde conducts it. It's the norm so nothing new in what you're saying.

Mumu. Why are you all pained like dis. Keep on ranting
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by funmike83(f): 9:38am On Jan 28, 2020
Firefox01:
I don't need to tell them. They'll definitely resume. Meanwhile stop being stupid bro. Are career officers now elected council chairmen?

Ode . next please
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by RahmonJago(f): 10:18am On Jan 28, 2020
sLentlover7778:
That wan no concern me.. my own problem na my local government chairman.. The man only comes around during ending of the month to collect his allocation and travel back to states...no single project commission by him...

I know say one day we go get sense Las Las.. grin grin grin

What local government is this?
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Wallade(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Atleast he conducted an election according to you, and PDP never challenged it, so legally they sold their birth right and nothing Makinde can do except he a lets them complete their term as stipulated by the law..

it is shamefull makinde that acts saintly is fighting hard to stiffle and annex LGA fund, isnt that mega corruption

Makinde must find every means to nullify that election that brought those guys into office. It was callous of Ajunobi to conduct kangaroo election when he was about to leave office.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Wallade(m): 11:35am On Jan 28, 2020
Afamed:

But in Ekiti state, Fayose conducted local government election before he left. And when Fayemi came, those elected Local government chairmen are still in the office as we speak

If it can be proven that those elections were not done in good faith and were compromised. Makinde should conduct another election and kick all those guys out of office.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Firefox01: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
funmike83:

Mumu. Why are you all pained like dis. Keep on ranting
You're the pained one na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Johans1991: 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Jimmyme66:

you are not in oyo and d same applies to me.... But, he is the democratically elected governor of the state and has the constitutional right to what is within his power as stated in the constitution.
Therefore, the LG chairman are subject to him.

And as for the AGF, that malam needs to f**k the hell outta there as his CJN counterpart.
He is not a governor and should allow peace reign.

I smell a cabal in that Aso villa with this AGF among them................only time can judge these enemies of Nigeria................
which constitution tells you that the governor have the right to suspend an elected local govt chairman? maybe that is a biafra constitution NOT Nigerian constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Johans1991: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
FutureIG:
Malami and the police will give them money to function in office. Mu Mu is their botanical name.
fed govt is paying directly to d local govt acct. no more state decide for local govt. they now have autonomy thanks to BUHARI.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Johans1991: 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
LincolnLynn:
Stop peddling unnecessary lies to suit your warped sensibilities,the election that brought them to power was conducted in deviance of court injunction..The case is still in court and I believe the appeal court will sack them by Feb 22 because the election was in defiance of the court order.in the end, supreme Court will sack makinde's caretaker chairmen,Nullify the sham that brought the rogues to power and order a fresh round of election through which they will be legallly sent packing and who said they went to office with security backing,A whole lot of them broke into government Secretariats,Oyo Nulge made an announcement yesterday that Local government workers should stay away from office today because of what happened today,even the spokesperson for the chairmen Abass Aleshinloye said the security agencies were not fair to them.The state government earlier tonight issued a statement saying those that broke into Secretariats would be prosecuted for vandalism.
why not wait for the feb 22 before taking such decision

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Johans1991: 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hadetosholafunm:

guy, was inec represented? did voting take place? who suppose wait for the court, is it the governor or the elected chairmen? answer these questions pls.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by ayobamiakinrind(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Onlinealaba:
Not good for democracy, defying orders from the office of the governor. But what do I know

I detest APC but Seyi is so wrong on this. The chairmen were elected and as such can not be sacked by just one man. The same way Buhari can't sack Seyi is same that Seyi can't sack those men. They all are accountable to the public.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by ayobamiakinrind(m): 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hadetosholafunm:

They have to maintain the status quo, they're the present occupant and as such, must retain the seats till all legal options are exhausted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
Wallade:

If it can be proven that those elections were not done in good faith and were compromised. Makinde should conduct another election and kick all those guys out of office.
And has that been proven by a competent court of law? Or you are here to show your clueless nature as usual

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Afamed: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
Johans1991:
guy, was inec represented? did voting take place? who suppose wait for the court, is it the governor or the elected chairmen? answer these questions pls.
Ignore him

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by raumdeuter: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
tomdon:
My God
This country is being plunged into anarchy by APC
Why can't they allow a governor govern his state in peace
Regardless of the animosity between obj and tinubu, obj never went this far with dictatorship
I'm sure this guy de see double now and wishing he had jejely stayed in his business lane

OBJ that seized Lagos state allocation for 4yrs never went far? So if he will go far nko?

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Wallade(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
Afamed:

And has that been proven by a competent court of law? Or you are here to show your clueless nature as usual

That is my opinion and it will definitely sound clueless to you especially since we belong to different school of thought.
The case is in court already so you should wait for the outcome. However, LCDAs are not recognised under the Nigerian laws so technically, the position of the fraudulently elected councillors and LCDA chairmen are null.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by gudugudumeje: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Nearly all responses and replies exhibit extreme ignorance of Federalism is. As well violations of rule of the letters of the constitution is prevalent as political illiterates...

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 29, 2020
Firefox01:
How many times will we state this here LOCAL GOVERNMENT FUNDS ARE NO LONGER IN THE HANDS OF THE GOVERNORS.

that you've stated it a billion times here doesn't mean I have read it. Not everyone reads the comments.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by FutureIG: 10:55am On Jan 30, 2020
Firefox01:
Ignoramus, they don't collect their money from the state government again cheesy

Na you be the mu mu. Do you know what they call JAC? They're still operating JAC. You can do your investigations.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by FutureIG: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2020
Johans1991:
fed govt is paying directly to d local govt acct. no more state decide for local govt. they now have autonomy thanks to BUHARI.

Cosmetic autonomy. Do you investigations on JAC. They're still using it.
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Thazard(m): 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
sLentlover7778:
That wan no concern me.. my own problem na my local government chairman.. The man only comes around during ending of the month to collect his allocation and travel back to states...no single project commission by him...

I know say one day we go get sense Las Las.. grin grin grin
Re: Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing by Firefox01: 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
FutureIG:

Na you be the mu mu. Do you know what they call JAC? They're still operating JAC. You can do your investigations.
Ignoramus, are they still in the council? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Vice President Osinbajo / Alleged Photo Of FCT Minister, Bala Muhammad's Son Lying Down On Money / Soludo And Utomi Arrive Kuje Prison To See Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.