Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Challenge To All Photographers - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Challenge To All Photographers (1077 Views)

How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) / Romarox Tourism 2019 Photo Competition To Reward Photographers With Car, N3.5M / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Being a graphic designer for many years, there's something I've observed and had always wanted to talked about it.

I've noticed, once you're sorting for photos online and once you searched for anything picture most of the results are of whites.
I mean 99.9% will always be that of whites, unless you include keywords such as: "Black, Africa or Nigeria" and the results of these keywords will mostly come up with pictures you can't really used.

My challenge to our photographers, why can't you guys up your games?
Why can we have site such as pexels, unsplash, Pinterest and co?

If I can have a photographer will quality Cam we can make this possible, we can have a nice website where all blacks photos can be found...

It hurts when I searched for "climbing ladder" and all the results that popped up are that of whites.

let's take up this challenge and make it work.

we can talk about the monetary expect later.
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Jh0wsef(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
I swear! I have to type keywords like 'black ebony African man' before I can even manage to see a black man's picture to use. I can't see why we don't have a platform where we can sell purely African model pictures. I don't even mind modeling for free. Dem dey always tell me say I get modeling face grin
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Jh0wsef:
I swear! I have to type keywords like 'black ebony African man' before I can even manage to see a black man's picture to use. I can't see why we don't have a platform where we can sell purely African model pictures. I don't even mind modeling for free. Dem dey always tell me say I get modeling face grin
Had this thought for a long time, it hurts when sorting for pictures most are whites. There are designs, clients specifically told you not to use a white picture.

I need photographers on this forum to come we deliberate on this.
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by tspun(m): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2020
Offpoint:

Had this thought for a long time, it hurts when sorting for pictures most are whites. There are designs, clients specifically told you not to use a white picture.

I need photographers on this forum to come we deliberate on this.
am a photographer I would have love to join the team but am in Delta State
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 9:18am On Jan 28, 2020
tspun:
am a photographer I would have love to join the team but am in Delta State
Distance is never a problem, as long as you have a camera we can work things out.
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by badinfluence: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
Offpoint:
Being a graphic designer for many years, there's something I've observed and had always wanted to talked about it.

I've noticed, once you're sorting for photos online and once you searched for anything picture most of the results are of whites.
I mean 99.9% will always be that of whites, unless you include keywords such as: "Black, Africa or Nigeria" and the results of these keywords will mostly come up with pictures you can't really used.

If I can have a photographer will quality Cam we can make this possible, we can have a nice website where all blacks photos can be found...

It hurts when I searched for "climbing ladder" and all the results that popped up are that of whites.

I think it's because most Nigerian photographers don't do stock photography.
Most photographers do beauty shoots.. Sites like the ones you mentioned are for stock photographers..
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
badinfluence:

I think it's because most Nigerian photographers don't do stock photography.
Most photographers do beauty shoots.. Sites like the ones you mentioned are for stock photographers..
Can we achieve that?
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Timagex(m): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
This sounds good. I'm in. smiley
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 8:00am On Jan 30, 2020
Timagex:
This sounds good. I'm in. smiley
Honestly, I want this to work out.
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by tspun(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Offpoint:

Distance is never a problem, as long as you have a camera we can work things out.
so how do we go about it
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
tspun:
so how do we go about it
Once I get more respond we can work things out.
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Teel012(m): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Offpoint:

I'm a photographer and will love to take on this project with you.
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Offpoint: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
Teel012:

I'm a photographer and will love to take on this project with you.
Honestly I'll love more photographers like to show interest in this, if we can execute this... believe me in a or 2 there's going to be a huge benefit.

can I have your whatsapp contact?
Re: Challenge To All Photographers by Teel012(m): 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
Offpoint:

Honestly I'll love more photographers like to show interest in this, if we can execute this... believe me in a or 2 there's going to be a huge benefit.

can I have your whatsapp contact?

(1) (Reply)

Design Anything Here ! For Just A Token ! / The Use Of Replimethods / New Year Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.