Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,988 members, 7,866,714 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:05 AM

‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC (2349 Views)

Sit-at-home In Southeast Has No Economic Impact On Nigeria - Reno Omokri / South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Southeast Has The Highest Gas Reserve In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by CSTR2: 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
This confirmed what I always say about igbos. I do says it, 50% of crime in the West are done by these people. Check crime section.
Shut up.
They said abuse, not skull mining or incest.

Abi, you no dey check name when dem post crime?

Though abuse is criminal.

1 Like

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Sammy07: 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
LegendHero:

Executive Secretary of NHRC Tony Ojukwu disagrees with you.

Even with all your ranting up here, SW still hold the medal of the most peaceful region in Nigeria.

@the bolded, my guy sharply said local drug cases lol. He knows in international drug cases, no one dare contest with our brothers from the other side.

Yah wicked

2 Likes

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Sammy07: 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

Lies and propaganda from Ibadan express news , if his office receives highest abuse cases from our region it simply means our people are educated and brave enough to report abuse cases while other region don't report abuse cases cause they don't know their rights most of them are enslaved to religion and tradition

Going by your analysis, SW are educated by reporting cases on rituals....

And SE are not? grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by triple996(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
a won igbo ppl
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by freeze001(f): 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
It may well be that in addition to high cases of abuse/SGBV, there is also more openness, awareness, exposure and access to channels for reporting such incidences than in other regions especially the North where the culture of silence, ignorance and religious oppression reign supreme.

All the same, rather than unnecessary denials and comparisons, we should thoroughly examine ourselves and be determined to correct violent tendencies in our society in the East. Such issues are contrary to our innate make-up and high regard for life, health and the environment that our fathers are known for. It is time to go back to the drawing board, ascertain where we veered off, what breeds these high incidences of violence and curtail them drastically.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by LabDNA: 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Waterview:

E pain this fool.

Our very own nairaland photography, broda can snap anything.

Na you the thing pain scatter. Him really hammer you no be small. grin grin
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by horsepower102: 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
This news is from Osun state broadcasting network. Do I need to say more?
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Amumaigwe: 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
SonofDevil:
Tony ojukwu the executive secretary of NHRC is more credible compare to ur senseless rantingscheesy

Na their way na. They always use the useful idiots to discredit their own people for a plate of sour porridge.
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by jimyjames(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sammy07:

Going by your analysis, SW are educated by reporting cases on rituals....

And SE are not? grin

There is a big difference between ritual killings and abuse
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by fergie001: 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
LegendHero:

Executive Secretary of NHRC Tony Ojukwu disagrees with you.

Even with all your ranting up here, SW still hold the medal of the most peaceful region in Nigeria.

@the bolded, my guy sharply said local drug cases lol. He knows in international drug cases, no one dare contest with our brothers from the other side.
Well-done o
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Sammy07: 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

Ain't talking about difference.
Just assuming your analysis.

1 Like

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

Lies and propaganda from Ibadan express news , if his office receives highest abuse cases from our region it simply means our people are educated and brave enough to report abuse cases while other region don't report abuse cases cause they don't know their rights most of them are enslaved to religion and tradition
Lol, so how many from regions are not being reported. I know this news go pain una Igbo. Una crime superseeeds that of other regions, that is the fact.

1 Like

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

So what about those killing their parents for money ritual and putting their Girlfriend inside bowl in the East nko?

1 Like

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by jimyjames(m): 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sammy07:

Ain't talking about difference.
Just assuming your analysis.

My analysis can't be applied to ritual killings

Domestic violence , rape etc can only be known if the victim wants the world to know, in which a lot of families enslaved by religion tradition and even lack of proper education stops them from reporting to the authority
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by jimyjames(m): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
So what about those killing their parents for money ritual and putting their Girlfriend inside bowl in the East nko?
South west have factories that deal with human body parts all over Yoruba land

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by LegendHero(m): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
fergie001:

Well-done o

I’m just kidding lol.

Brother long time. How’s family and work?
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by jimyjames(m): 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
Lol, so how many from regions are not being reported. I know this news go pain una Igbo. Una crime superseeeds that of other regions, that is the fact.

It can't be compared with the ritual killings and human body part factories all over south west , you rank number 1 and 2 in it
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
CSTR2:

Shut up.
They said abuse, not skull mining or incest.

Abi, you no dey check name when dem post crime?

Though abuse is criminal.
Maybe we should start bringing out stats and names
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by fergie001: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
LegendHero:

I’m just kidding lol.

Brother long time. How’s family and work?

Thank Jah.....and you?
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by xelly: 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
That's because of awareness. You need to do more on publicity for more people to report.

I am sure there are uncount domestic abuse that go unreported. Thank you for this news. It is a good start just that more effort is needed for the offenders to be punished.

1 Like

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by LegendHero(m): 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
fergie001:

Thank Jah.....and you?

We thank God.
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

It can't be compared with the ritual killings and human body part factories all over south west , you rank number 1 and 2 in it
Na who rank am, no be una again.

You people beat chest, we are the most developed, until stat came out.

We are the neatest until WHO stat came out.

We are the richest until regional stat came out

We have the most billionaires until forbe released African billionaires stat and we couldn't find single flattie cheesy

Calling people paedophiles until this stat came out grin.

My padi, the joke is on you.
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

South west have factories that deal with human body parts all over Yoruba land
Like otokoto and okija right my padi, eyan Clifford orji grin
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by totit: 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lmao!!
...at the rate the people of the burning sun would stop at nothing to twist the reality.

1 Like

Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
He is very right. freedom of expression is very high in the SE. It's not easy to intimidate our women actually.
They based their report on cases that were reported to them.

I bet you that no region will have the liberty to report such cases except the SE and some part of SS.
freedom of speech is no way threatened in the SE.

If you do proper research, you will see that those abuses are more in other region than the SE
but they don't dare to report the cases
Yeah, because the ones they have been reporting, they don behead the reporters. Keep fooling yourself bro. Una crime no be here.
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by jimyjames(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Fake , lies propaganda

Gabkosh:
Na who rank am, no be una again.

You people beat chest, we are the most developed, until stat came out.

We are the neatest until WHO stat came out.

We are the richest until regional stat came out

We have the most billionaires until forbe released African billionaires stat and we couldn't find single flattie cheesy

Calling people paedophiles until this stat came out grin.

My padi, the joke is on you.
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Yorobastard(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
blasted12:
That's not what the NHRC says. Mr. Ojukwu says it's highest in the east

That's because when it happens it's always reported unlike others who would rather not report and suffer in silence....there are many cases in other regions where parents and individuals decide not to report the case due to either threat from the perpetrator or lack of finance to seek justice...if something bad happens to you and you decide to keep it to yourself fine....you suffer it alone....public awareness is necessary...everything has advantages and disadvantages....so if you think you are making a mockery of the southeast....oyo lo wa
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by jimyjames(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gabkosh:
Like otokoto and okija right my padi, eyan Clifford orji grin

Continue deceiving yourself you might be the next victim of ritual killing , killed by your own brother
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Gabkosh: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:

Continue deceiving yourself you might be the next victim of ritual killing , killed by your own brother
While you be the next victim of kidnapping and eventual death.
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by adekolaelect(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:
Lies, propaganda from Ibadan express news
it is lie because your sense has gone on exit .
Re: ‘Southeast has highest rate of abuse’ - NHRC by Bighead9: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
Igbos again!! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Urges Ebonyi Youths To Massively Apply For Army Recruitment / Nnamdi Kanu Asks Buhari To Open His Windows @ 8PM To Confirm If Live Or Recorded / Repentant Militia Gana Reportedly Killed By Military. I Have A Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.