Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,740 members, 7,851,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:14 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! (1979 Views)

You'll Never Smell The Presidential - Reno Omokri Dares Peter Obi / Christians Arise And Smell The Coffee / South Will Not Smell The Seat Of The President In This Country Again. Aminu Sair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2020
Nigerians also lack strategic thinking in general, and cannot delay gratification

China that we marvel at today
It took strategic thinking and delayed gratification for 30 years

America took strategic warfare, strategic thinking and delayed gratification as well

Indian rich families and conglomerates grow using this model too.

But our psyche Is too fvcked that most are incapable of being strategic in thinking and planning.
From the family level, all the way to the presidency
And that is the PREDOMINANT thinking

You really think such a country is developing anytime soon?

Jokers

From the family unit, we are not even strategic (what strategic plans do families have to lift themselves out of poverty? And lack of education? )
The Hispanics come with such strategic thinking and in one generation we see the impact
Same with the Vietnamese

Our own is to be throwing Owambe left and right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by GamalNasser: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2020
budaatum:
You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Have you ever been to diaspora? You'd be amazed at the number of Nigerians in diaspora who did come home only to run back soon after.

Naija people will be telling you pigs fly even though they've never seen pigs flying and while you are telling them pigs can't fly they are busy depleting your resources until you are broke and run back where you ran from.

You know them well
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2020
DexterousOne:

We need a critical mass of well educated and exposed people too (which Nigeria SERIOUSLY LACKS) the educated mass of Nigeria in the real sense of it is at most 15 TO 20% of the population

With this problem, we have Nigerians vote denagogues who reflect their shithole values (eg the current idiot in Aso Rock got there principally with almajiri voters and beggars. Even when Yar 'adua; a man from the same state as he is, but highly educated and reasonable; contested against Buhari, they still preferred the Buhari, because that reflects them and their screwed up values )

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by sweetgala(m): 9:49am On Jan 29, 2020
frosbel2:
The WESTERN World is crumbling under DEBT and an AGING POPULATION. It cannot sustain itself without recourse to the people and resources of so called third world countries , such as Nigeria. Everybody knows that Africa, including Nigeria is the future; which is why the Europeans, Indians, Chinese and other nationalities are trooping to Africa to make a 'milking' of resources.

Yet our people abroad are as blind as bats to the future reality and are content with short term luxury to settle in the WEST despite the FACT that the economies are faltering. Many of our people abroad have vowed never to return to the country even if it means the total uprooting of their name and legacy from Nigeria for all eternity. Their children have never been to the land of their ROOTS which is very crucial for future IDENTITY. They spread scary stories about how Nigeria is 100% engulfed in war, robbery and kidnapping, yet the WHITES, CHINESE and INDIANS are relocating to Nigeria and doing big business, making money. They lament about poor roads, lack of water and electricity and corruption which is TRUE, but they do not proffer solutions, or are not ready to sacrifice or join politics to make a change.

Fellow diasporas, at the barest minimum, bring your children home to know their roots and meet your relatives. Why?

Because; I predict that the WESTERN WORLD, is going to get very hard , especially for minorities in the future and Africa will be the best place to be. Mark my word, Nigeria or whatever Nigeria becomes in the future, WILL BE GOOD and be BETTTER. It will a safer and more prosperous place than the WESTERN WORLD which is now crumbling under DEBT.

I do not say, come back home finally, NO. I mean have one leg in Nigeria and one leg abroad; Have something small in Nigeria , even if it is a small bungalow or a small piece of land. Plan the future of children with Nigeria in mind, for it is the ONLY PLACE they will receive FULL ACCEPTANCE as BLACK PEOPLE and with the right skills and experience, they can make it comfortably and even better for their progeny.

Almost 90% of diaspora children cannot speak the language and have no clue about their culture. This means they have no connection to their roots and WILL NEVER COME BACK. This is disgusting.

Yes, Nigerian is in a bad place right now, but be rest assured, CHANGE IS COMING SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE.

No lie there. Only last week my colleagues and I were discussing our Defined benefit and defined Contribution pensions, I am one of the younger and newer staff within their midst these guys have been there for 14-23 years I've been with the company 20months..
This is a fortune 10 and a leader in technology with excellent benefits with a good pension scheme and we may not be able to sustain our preferred lifestyles on our pensions when we retire in 20-25 years

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 9:57am On Jan 29, 2020
sweetgala:

No lie there. Only last week my colleagues and I were discussing our Defined benefit and defined Contribution pensions, I am one of the younger and newer staff within their midst these guys have been there for 14-23 years I've been with the company 20months..
This is a fortune 10 and a leader in technology with excellent benefits with a good pension scheme and we may not be able to sustain our preferred lifestyles on our pensions when we retire in 20-25 years

Retirement should not mean that you won't be economically active

With advanced medicine
We can still be up and doing
Even at 80.

Setting retirement age at 60/65 when you have 20 years to go is illogical

That said

Nigeria just might explode in the next 15 to 20 years
With the rapid population growth rate
Unemployment
Mostly unskilled labour
Almajiri children
And religious fanatics
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 29, 2020
DMerciful:
You live in the UK? Washing plates?
If you have failed in the UK, don't discourage other people. Try come to Canada and be cured of your narrow mindedness! By the time I get my Canadian citizenship and I'm a Nigerian by birth,
who did you think has more adaptability? I can swing to both of the countries at will.

Backward mindset, but no surprise here.

There is dignity in washing plates, at least I live by honest means.

Cut off from your heritage forever, because of a few luxuries and chicken, lol. You think the white man will make you one of HIM or HER. Keep dreaming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by kapelvej: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2020
frosbel2:
The WESTERN World is crumbling under DEBT and an AGING POPULATION. It cannot sustain itself without recourse to the people and resources of so called third world countries , such as Nigeria. Everybody knows that Africa, including Nigeria is the future; which is why the Europeans, Indians, Chinese and other nationalities are trooping to Africa to make a 'milking' of resources.

Yet our people abroad are as blind as bats to the future reality and are content with short term luxury to settle in the WEST despite the FACT that the economies are faltering. Many of our people abroad have vowed never to return to the country even if it means the total uprooting of their name and legacy from Nigeria for all eternity. Their children have never been to the land of their ROOTS which is very crucial for future IDENTITY. They spread scary stories about how Nigeria is 100% engulfed in war, robbery and kidnapping, yet the WHITES, CHINESE and INDIANS are relocating to Nigeria and doing big business, making money. They lament about poor roads, lack of water and electricity and corruption which is TRUE, but they do not proffer solutions, or are not ready to sacrifice or join politics to make a change.

Fellow diasporas, at the barest minimum, bring your children home to know their roots and meet your relatives. Why?

Because; I predict that the WESTERN WORLD, is going to get very hard , especially for minorities in the future and Africa will be the best place to be. Mark my word, Nigeria or whatever Nigeria becomes in the future, WILL BE GOOD and be BETTTER. It will a safer and more prosperous place than the WESTERN WORLD which is now crumbling under DEBT.

I do not say, come back home finally, NO. I mean have one leg in Nigeria and one leg abroad; Have something small in Nigeria , even if it is a small bungalow or a small piece of land. Plan the future of children with Nigeria in mind, for it is the ONLY PLACE they will receive FULL ACCEPTANCE as BLACK PEOPLE and with the right skills and experience, they can make it comfortably and even better for their progeny.

Almost 90% of diaspora children cannot speak the language and have no clue about their culture. This means they have no connection to their roots and WILL NEVER COME BACK. This is disgusting.

Yes, Nigerian is in a bad place right now, but be rest assured, CHANGE IS COMING SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE.
and what about those fulani, malaria, kidnappers, dangote truck opc, ipob are killing eceryday
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 10:57am On Jan 29, 2020
frosbel2:

Cut off from your heritage forever, because of a few luxuries and chicken, lol. You think the white man will make you one of HIM or HER. Keep dreaming.

The first and second paragraph is the only ones I agree with (For the first time; D)
There is dignity in Labour and honest living, and the very fact that many youths don't believe in that anymore is just undecided

As for your third paragraph
You don't need to seek acceptance wherever you are.
Just be you and do you

That's all.

Seeking acceptance is one of the biggest problems we face as blacks in the diaspora

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 11:14am On Jan 29, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Have you ever come home to establish a business as a citizen in your country....only for you to be terminated after few years with over taxing, and stupid policies that will give a foreign company from China....upper hand?

I GUESS NO
You should not guess. You are not good at it! And guessing with no evidence leads to failure.

My last venture left me pooing and pissing and unable to Move, You Toes! And that's just the toe bits.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
budaatum:

You should not guess. You are not good at it! And guessing with no evidence leads to failure.

My last venture left me pooing and pissing and unable to Move, You Toes! And that's just the toe bits.

WELL I ESTABLISHED MINI ELECRICITY GENERATING COMPANY THAT CAN SERVE HALF A COMMUNITY FOR A START CAPABLE OF 16HRS ELECTRICITY A DAY....NERC HAD TO SHUT ME DOWN EVEN THROUGH COURT

JUST A MONTH AFTER STARTING
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
ezenwajosh:

WELL I ESTABLISHED MINI ELECRICITY GENERATING COMPANY THAT CAN SERVE HALF A COMMUNITY FOR A START CAPABLE OF 16HRS ELECTRICITY A DAY....NERC HAD TO SHUT ME DOWN EVEN THROUGH COURT

JUST A MONTH AFTER STARTING
You breached the law. Individuals are not allowed to set up electric generators without NERC license.

My library still runs, as does my farm. I'm just not able to be there myself.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
budaatum:

You breached the law. Individuals are not allowed to set up electric generators without NERC license.

My library still runs, as does my farm. I'm just not able to be there myself.

Individual generating less than what will serve a STATE have right to a permit

I got the permit from NERC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=ezenwajosh post=86204210]

I got the permit from NERC [/quote
Wow
What happened then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Ojiofor: 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
One leg ofesi and one leg at home adighi amama o gwara o.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DMerciful(m): 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
Anytime you come to Nigeria, you will always be welcomed. Abi you plan to stay at immigration to block people? Yeye dey smell
frosbel2:

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
ezenwajosh:

I got the permit from NERC
They gave you a permit then went to court to take the permit they gave you off you?

How come? What reason did they gove?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=DexterousOne post=86204315][/quote]
Just less than 2months people in area option to be taken off Transformer

DISCO (EEDC) THROUGH NERC HAVE TO MOVE IN AND DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO END BABY PROJECT BECAUSE IF THEY CONTINUE TO ENCOURAGE IT....MORE PEOPLE WILL COME UP WITH THE BUSINESS
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by 1Sharon(f): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
frosbel2:

Cut off from your heritage forever because of a few luxuries and chicken, lol. You think the white man will make you one of HIM or HER. Keep dreaming.

What are you on about sir? ?

We can visit nigeria at will

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: Supreme Court Set To Hear Apc’s Application For Review Of Bayelsa State / Can You Tell Us Who And Who Own These Caps(photo)? / Warning: Any Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho Will Trigger Southern Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.