Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! (1974 Views)

You'll Never Smell The Presidential - Reno Omokri Dares Peter Obi / Christians Arise And Smell The Coffee / South Will Not Smell The Seat Of The President In This Country Again. Aminu Sair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2020
The WESTERN World is crumbling under DEBT and an AGING POPULATION. It cannot sustain itself without recourse to the people and resources of so called third world countries , such as Nigeria. Everybody knows that Africa, including Nigeria is the future; which is why the Europeans, Indians, Chinese and other nationalities are trooping to Africa to make a 'milking' of resources.

Yet our people abroad are as blind as bats to the future reality and are content with short term luxury to settle in the WEST despite the FACT that the economies are faltering. Many of our people abroad have vowed never to return to the country even if it means the total uprooting of their name and legacy from Nigeria for all eternity. Their children have never been to the land of their ROOTS which is very crucial for future IDENTITY. They spread scary stories about how Nigeria is 100% engulfed in war, robbery and kidnapping, yet the WHITES, CHINESE and INDIANS are relocating to Nigeria and doing big business, making money. They lament about poor roads, lack of water and electricity and corruption which is TRUE, but they do not proffer solutions, or are not ready to sacrifice or join politics to make a change.

Fellow diasporas, at the barest minimum, bring your children home to know their roots and meet your relatives. Why?

Because; I predict that the WESTERN WORLD, is going to get very hard , especially for minorities in the future and Africa will be the best place to be. Mark my word, Nigeria or whatever Nigeria becomes in the future, WILL BE GOOD and be BETTTER. It will a safer and more prosperous place than the WESTERN WORLD which is now crumbling under DEBT.

I do not say, come back home finally, NO. I mean have one leg in Nigeria and one leg abroad; Have something small in Nigeria , even if it is a small bungalow or a small piece of land. Plan the future of children with Nigeria in mind, for it is the ONLY PLACE they will receive FULL ACCEPTANCE as BLACK PEOPLE and with the right skills and experience, they can make it comfortably and even better for their progeny.

Almost 90% of diaspora children cannot speak the language and have no clue about their culture. This means they have no connection to their roots and WILL NEVER COME BACK. This is disgusting.

Yes, Nigerian is in a bad place right now, but be rest assured, CHANGE IS COMING SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Have you ever been to diaspora? You'd be amazed at the number of Nigerians in diaspora who did come home only to run back soon after.

Naija people will be telling you pigs fly even though they've never seen pigs flying and while you are telling them pigs can't fly they are busy depleting your resources until you are broke and run back where you ran from.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
budaatum:
You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Have you ever been to diaspora? You'd be amazed at the number of Nigerians in diaspora who did come home only to run back soon after.

Yawn... I live in the UK wink

Naija people will be telling you pigs fly even though they've never seen pigs flying and while you are telling them pigs can't fly they are busy depleting your resources until you are broke and run back where you ran from.

You have a choice in the matter

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:

Lol frosbel! And Lol! Again!

So you are just here telling others to do what you have not yet done?

Do let me know when you heed your own advise.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
budaatum:

Lol frosbel! And Lol! Again!

So you are just here telling others to do what you have not yet done?

Do let me know when you heed your own advise.

And the answer to your question is in the 5th paragraph of my original post. Read it again. I will give you marks for the correct answer - smiley

Btw, I come home twice a year - just FYI

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Brandonx(m): 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Nigeria or whatever Nigeria becomes in the future, WILL BE GOOD and be BETTTER.
Yes, Nigerian is in a bad place right now, but be rest assured, CHANGE IS COMING SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE.
[/quote]
This is laughable. Are we talking about the same Nigeria or there's another country else where with the same name.
It's not feasible because the average Nigerian is selfish. Only want to amass wealth for their children and children unborn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Brandonx:
Nigeria or whatever Nigeria becomes in the future, WILL BE GOOD and be BETTTER.

This is laughable. Are we talking about the same Nigeria or there's another country else where with the same name.
It's not feasible because the average Nigerian is selfish. Only want to amass wealth for their children and children unborn.

So the answer is to GIVE UP and languish ( especially in old age ) for all eternity in another man's land ? Or dont you believe that things are going to get better ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:

And the answer to your question is in the 5th paragraph of my original post. Read it again. I will give you marks for the correct answer - smiley

Btw, I come home twice a year - just FYI
Many who live abroad have assets back home frosbel. I'm currently negotiating the sale of next year's harvest of oranges. But to think children born in UK will go settle in Nigeria is a dream first generation UK born would tell you is like a desire to go to hell. Our parents made that error and we forgive them. If we make that error our children will stone us!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by PDJT: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
[s]
frosbel2:
The WESTERN World is crumbling under DEBT and an AGING POPULATION. It cannot sustain itself without recourse to the people and resources of so called third world countries , such as Nigeria. Everybody knows that Africa, including Nigeria is the future; which is why the Europeans, Indians, Chinese and other nationalities are trooping to Africa to make a 'milking' of resources.

Yet our people abroad are as blind as bats to the future reality and are content with short term luxury to settle in the WEST despite the FACT that the economies are faltering. Many of our people abroad have vowed never to return to the country even if it means the total uprooting of their name and legacy from Nigeria for all eternity. Their children have never been to the land of their ROOTS which is very crucial for future IDENTITY. They spread scary stories about how Nigeria is 100% engulfed in war, robbery and kidnapping, yet the WHITES, CHINESE and INDIANS are relocating to Nigeria and doing big business, making money. They lament about poor roads, lack of water and electricity and corruption which is TRUE, but they do not proffer solutions, or are not ready to sacrifice or join politics to make a change.

Fellow diasporas, at the barest minimum, bring your children home to know their roots and meet your relatives. Why?

Because; I predict that the WESTERN WORLD, is going to get very hard , especially for minorities in the future and Africa will be the best place to be. Mark my word, Nigeria or whatever Nigeria becomes in the future, WILL BE GOOD and be BETTTER. It will a safer and more prosperous place than the WESTERN WORLD which is now crumbling under DEBT.

I do not say, come back home finally, NO. I mean have one leg in Nigeria and one leg abroad; Have something small in Nigeria , even if it is a small bungalow or a small piece of land. Plan the future of children with Nigeria in mind, for it is the ONLY PLACE they will receive FULL ACCEPTANCE as BLACK PEOPLE and with the right skills and experience, they can make it comfortably and even better for their progeny.

Almost 90% of diaspora children cannot speak the language and have no clue about their culture. This means they have no connection to their roots and WILL NEVER COME BACK. This is disgusting.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]

You are almost a lost cause, may you be helped by your gods.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by PDJT: 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
-Young man, I used to pump my chest like you about the “prospect” of Nigeria, until I grew up having seen and done my own research and compared notes with some historians on what makes a Nation.

-Meanwhile, you couldn’t be more pro-Nigeria than the younger Nnamdi Kanu.

-I pray you grow up soon.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by budaatum: 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:

Most Nigerian parents know very little about their culture! They only remember the bits that they actually ought to abandon, like 'children must be seen and not heard', and 'Jesus is Lord'. They conveniently forget 'the young and the old built Ifẹ', and they will tell you that 'agbajọ ọwọ ni gbe ẹru de ori' is communism, and that's if they reason at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Brandonx(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:

So the answer is to GIVE UP and languish ( especially in old age ) for all eternity in another man's land ? Or dont you believe that things are going to get better ?
Honestly it's better. Have you ever wondered why public things don't last ? Because the average Nigerian doesn't care. Go to government agencies and see the nonchalant attitudes of the workers.

But they are quick to label the government bad.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:

With the mor0ns I see typing online(eg on nairaland),I can say this change ain't coming anytime soon...it seems

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
Michellekabod2:

With the mor0ns I see typing online(eg on nairaland),I can say this change ain't coming anytime soon...it seems

The shambolic education system can be repaired and then then the warped mindset of Nigerians will be reset for this new decade. Hope is not lost.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
Brandonx:

Honestly it's better. Have you ever wondered why public things don't last ? Because the average Nigerian doesn't care. Go to government agencies and see the nonchalant attitudes of the workers.

But they are quick to label the government bad.

So we should all abandon ship and let the wretched thing SINK , so we can rebuild ?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by HappyPagan: 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
frosbel2:

So we should all abandon ship and let the wretched thing SINK , so we can rebuild ?
Let it sink. Perish. And be forgotten.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
HappyPagan:

Let it sink. Perish. And be forgotten.

Wow, even you. Be hopeful.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by 1Sharon(f): 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
Where do I start with this naive post?

DexterousOne
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DMerciful(m): 1:12am On Jan 29, 2020
You live in the UK? Washing plates?
If you have failed in the UK, don't discourage other people. Try come to Canada and be cured of your narrow mindedness! By the time I get my Canadian citizenship and I'm a Nigerian by birth,
who did you think has more adaptability? I can swing to both of the countries at will.
frosbel2:

You have a choice in the matter
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 29, 2020
Western countries crumbling and Nigeria rising huh?
Who is this fool bikonu? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Osaze007: 2:06am On Jan 29, 2020
If western countries are crumbing what is Africa doing ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2020
The ones that came back never plan on returning.There is now law in the jungle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Rosskiye: 4:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Osaze007:
If western countries are crumbing what is Africa doing ?

The 3 fastest growing economies on earth are black countries

1) Guyana

2) Ethiopia

3) Rwanda.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/the-5-fastest-growing-economies-in-the-world-2019-06-27

Also, 8 of the 15 fastest growing economies on earth are AFRICAN countries.

Africa is the future. Those who know know.

The Chinese are not rushing to Europe for riches and investment.

They're rushing to Africa.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 29, 2020
budaatum:

Have you ever come home to establish a business as a citizen in your country....only for you to be terminated after few years with over taxing, and stupid policies that will give a foreign company from China....upper hand?

I GUESS NO

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by EagleNest(m): 7:00am On Jan 29, 2020
Once a relatively better leader shows up and Nigeria eventually restructures itself to move forward, diaspora people will naturally align. No place like home...but not when herders, terrorists, bandits and criminals are having a field day undeterred. Who amongst the diaspora wan come home?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 8:13am On Jan 29, 2020
1Sharon:
Where do I start with this naive post?

DexterousOne

Thanks for tagging me

Let me go read what he has to say
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 8:43am On Jan 29, 2020
Rosskiye:

The 3 fastest growing economies on earth are black countries

1) Guyana

2) Ethiopia

3) Rwanda.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/the-5-fastest-growing-economies-in-the-world-2019-06-27

Also, 8 of the 15 fastest growing economies on earth are AFRICAN countries.

Africa is the future. Those who know know.

The Chinese are not rushing to Europe for riches and investment.

They're rushing to Africa.

This delusional guy again undecided

The Volume of Chinese investments in Europe and America far outweighs the investments in Africa

It's not good to deceive one's self
It's the worst thing to do.

China needs to extract minerals to fuel their industries, and that is the main focus of their investment in Africa (and of course; giving nigger African leaders poison debt that would further enslave them )

Economic growth does not translate into economic development

Africa is not going to develop in the real sense of it.
Not in this century at least

I travel mostly within Africa
And I see it for myself
.only very few outliers MAY make it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by Reinvented: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2020
EagleNest:
Once a relatively better leader shows up and Nigeria eventually restructures itself to move forward, diaspora people will naturally align. No place like home...but not when herders, terrorists, bandits and criminals are having a field day undeterred. Who amongst the diaspora wan come home?
The key word RESTRUCTURE. Op needs to be enlightened a little. Unfortunately the Hausa/Fulanis will continue to stall Nigeriarestructuring. Nigeria of the 60s was better than the 70s. Same way the 70s was better than the 80s and so. You are seeing Chinese today because you forgot that the Europeans flooded Nigeria before. They use to come and work in Nigeria as teachers, nurses, doctors, engineers, etc . Nigeria has so degraded that the West you claimed that are collapsing are not so much interested in Nigeria. Rather you have Chinese, Indians and soon it will degrade to a point where these Chinese and Indians will vacate and the Arabs will arrive. Can't you see the level of decadence?
Just use the Naira as your benchmark. In the 80s, Naira was at par with the Dollar. Year after year, it has deteriorated to over 364 times. Where is the growth in real terms?
You talked glowingly of building house in Nigeria. Have you considered that your premium rent for a year of say N800k for a flat is just about what you could earn in 2 months for investing same amount in diaspora? Not talking of capital gain.
Common Amotekun is causing "war" already, elections are sham. Infrastructure is no where. Education is pathetic. No need mentioning health. We celebrate road repairs which is the job of local council. As basic as elecricity, you celebrate 8 hrs of intermittent electricity. Every politician go out for Healthcare and their children are schooling abroad. Yet you advice those these high and mighty come to meert to return home to insecurity, poverty, uncertainty etc because you see Chinese in Nigeria. Do you know China and Indian population? Just as you see few of them in Nigeria, you see a larger population in the West. They have communities in the West sich that their population can win them seats in parliament.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 8:51am On Jan 29, 2020
Frosbel2 and Rosskiye do not have a full grasp of economics, demography and the ingredient it takes to develop a country

I'm not sayin you know nothihg

You guys just don't have a full grasp of it.

Frosbel spoke of declining population

Declining populations is not bad in itself; as long as the decline is not steep and sudden
A growing population you is not bad in itself as long as the growth is not RAPID.

One of the biggest fraud in the western world is setting the retirement age at 65 today in the 21st century while life expectancy is over 80 to 90.
That has built into the psyche of people that they cease to be economically active once they cross that age undecided

Japan has jettisoned such mentality, that is why even tho their population is declining at the fastest rate, their economy has not collapsed

As long as one is fit, he should be economically active even into 75; tho maybe not as rigorous as say when in your 30s
That way you reduce your social security bill for seniors drastically
The govt cries of "ageing population" because many of them are not economically active; and they need young workers to foot their bill undecided
Na wa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2020
Reinvented:

The key word RESTRUCTURE. Unfortunately the Hausa/Fulanis will continue to stall that. Nigeria of the 60s was better than the 70s. Same way the 70s was better than the 80s and so. You are seeing Chinese today because you forgot that the Europeans were there before. Nigeria has so degraded that the West you claimed are are collapsing are not interested in Nigeria. Rather you have Chinese, Indians and soon it will degrade to a point where these Chinese and Indians will vacate and the Arabs will arrive. Can't you see the level of decadence?
Just use the Naira as your benchmark. In the 80s, Naira was at par with the Dollar. Year after year, it has deteriorated to over 364 times. Where is the growth in real terms?
You talked glowingly of building house in Nigeria. Have you considered that your premium rent for a year of say N800k for a flat is just about what you could earn in 2 months for investing same amount in diaspora? Not talking of capital gain.
Common Amotekun is causing "war" already, elections are sham. Infrastructure is no where. Education is pathetic. No need mentioning health. Every politician go out for Healthcare and their children are schooling abroad. Yet you advice those these high and mighty come to meert to return home to insecurity, poverty, uncertainty etc because you see Chinese in Nigeria. Do you know China and Indian population? Just as you see few if them in Nigeria, you see a larger population in the West. They have communities in the West sich that their populationcan win them seats in parliament.
Well said
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Wake Up And Smell The Coffee ! by DexterousOne(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2020
DexterousOne:
Frosbel2 and Rosskiye do not have a full grasp of economics, demography and the ingredient it takes to develop a country

I'm not sayin you know nothihg

You guys just don't have a full grasp of it.

Frosbel spoke of declining population

Declining populations is not bad in itself; as long as the decline is not steep and sudden
A growing population you is not bad in itself as long as the growth is not RAPID.

One of the biggest fraud in the western world is setting the retirement age at 65 today in the 21st century while life expectancy is over 80 to 90.
That has built into the psyche of people that they cease to be economically active once they cross that age undecided

Japan has jettisoned such mentality, that is why even tho their population is declining at the fastest rate, their economy has not collapsed

As long as one is fit, he should be economically active even into 75; tho maybe not as rigorous as say when in your 30s
That way you reduce your social security bill for seniors drastically
The govt cries of "ageing population" because many of them are not economically active; and they need young workers to foot their bill undecided
Na wa

That said, Africa (let me use Nigeria as a reference point) lack the ingredients needed to build a country

Complain all you want
That is the truth

To build a country, you need the right mindset and th right values.
African man is seriously lacking in both
Deny all you want
But that is the truth

We need a critical mass of well educated and exposed people too (which Nigeria SERIOUSLY LACKS) the educated mass of Nigeria in the real sense of it is at most 15 TO 20% of the population

With this problem, we have Nigerians vote denagogues who reflect their shithole values (eg the current idiot in Aso Rock got there principally with almajiri voters and beggars. Even when Yar 'adua; a man from the same state as he is, but highly educated and reasonable; contested against Buhari, they still preferred the Buhari, because that reflects them and their screwed up values )

Look at the quality of candidates that present themselves for election in say Eti Osa
Can you compare it with the calibre of candidates who present themselves for election in say Mushin or Alimosho?

That should give you an idea of what I'm talking about

The fundamentals are not there for nation building
That's the truth

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

We From South South Know Who Are Our Brothers / Awon Lagosians, How Far? / Moment Fashola Went On The Tollgate Inspection Alongside SW Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.