Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town (52185 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's House In Otuoke Remains Accessible Only By Canoe (Pictures) / Gunmen Attack Goodluck Jonathan’s Home In Otuoke, Kill 1 Soldier, Injure Others / Obasanjo Meets With Goodluck Jonathan In Otuoke (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by ruggedtimi(m): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2020
huptin:
When the people of Bayelsa voted out that nonsense governor, some people were saying nonsense, how can you fail at giving your people basic amenities but expect your people to keep voting for you just because you are in PDP?
PDP was voted out, not the stupid Governor. Tenure expired
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by seguno2: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2020
imolile:
People Like you are the rotten sycophant and psychopath who praise sing Failures
You sure don't have reputation or else you will be so angry that you have been recycling criminals who by the way may be your brothers because you were given contracts when Foolish men were in Power
Come and live in Finland to experience what it means to have a Leader

Thanks for sharing your location with us.
Next?
Now go back and read. At least you must have learned to read in Finland.

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Yoighaman(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2020
TechCapon:
5.9 billion for water tanks, pumping machine and generator. Dickson and Jonathan are failures to their people. Small state with big allocation. Bad leaders

Was GEJ President in 2016? You didn't read the article?
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by wirinet(m): 9:21am On Jan 29, 2020
DaBullIT:

When I was younger, I lived in Kaduna, kabala Costa in, they had water lived in Unqwa romi, they had water

Lived in bukuru Road and schooled there I think, there was water

I visited zaria, they had water

I visited makurdi and recently Niger state they had water

Maybe not 100% all the time but North has always had water and electricity waaaay more than East or South West

When we say Jonathan is a failure we were being nice
Don't let our brothers from the east hear you, they would come for your head. To them President jonathan was the best president the world had ever seen. Only second to Donald Trump.

2 Likes

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by juman(m): 9:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Dickson would rather build airport than thinking of providing water for his people.

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Arthur911: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Story 4 de gods
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2020
A nigga once said:i was reading it peacefully but kept seeing 5.9billion so i decided to stop, scrolled down to see the 5.9billion project in picture.Are you fvcking kidding me is that the project that gullped 5.9billion.Tanks,mikano gen & pumpimg machine..

I fear who no fear the leaders of this country...

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Until we stop electing salary earners and start electing proven wealth creator and enterprenuers nothing would change

Salary earners like Military Generals (Obasanjo, Ibb, Buhari)and Lecturers(Jonathan and Yaradua) have failed us

No matter what, an Enterprenuer can never watch an Asset depriciate and rot away, he will always put it to use and tax and levy people benefiting from it

Yet you voted same Buhari over atiku
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by wirinet(m): 9:47am On Jan 29, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Yet you voted same Buhari over atiku

What's the difference between Atiku and Buhari in terms of civil service career?
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by femmy2010(m): 9:54am On Jan 29, 2020
sulaak:

That will work if the country was a federal republic and not a unitary state, where all the resources are controlled in Abuja. Restructure the country, so that we can hold regional leaders accountable.

And the mistake continues.
You have to start holding your governors accountable NOW. Do you currently know how much your governors get as security votes and how it is spent?
The system of governance does not change your approach and thinking overnight. Chinese are growing with their so-called old fashioned communist systems.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by imolile: 9:58am On Jan 29, 2020
seguno2:

Thanks for sharing your location with us.
Next?
Now go back and read. At least you must have learned to read in Finland.

I know you are not so intelligent to know that i would not share my location with you, Nice to know you fell for it. But continue to sing the praises of those who ruined you
What can one expect from a Citizen whose Idol is a Failure ? Some Nigerians don't need four Years to fix your electricity and Bad roads or fix the corruption plaguing you, But i guess it is a National malady, for you to settle into it so well
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Titogbanski: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/outrage-as-n5-9b-water-project-rots-in-jonathans-town-1/

Always easy to recognize a story whose true purpose is propaganda. This is one of such.

1. First proof of propaganda; the story could easily have been titled "N5.9b water project rots in Bayelsa"....but as usual Jonathan's name must have to be dragged in to sustain the falsehood that got us where we are today. The article does not even mention that it is Jonathan that even started the project.

2. The story is concocted to make the FG look good and Jonathan and ND governors look bad. When you investigate deeply you will discover there are underlying issue at play stalling the take-off........just as there are covert issues stalling the newly constructed airport at Yenogoa not to work i.e ncca certification; just like there are issue why TINAPA cannot work.

3. The nation newspapers hardly publish positive news about the area
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by seanjy4konji: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2020
oloriburuku just full every where for nigeria...

any where you face like this na bastards just full every where...
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:42am On Jan 29, 2020
wirinet:

What's the difference between Atiku and Buhari in terms of civil service career?
Are you daft?
The guy I quoted differentiated between a wealth generator and a spender and you're here asking a totally irrelevant and daft question.

Are customs and military now part of civil service in your ignorant head?
Or are you talking about there occupation of political posts as civil service? angry
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:50am On Jan 29, 2020
Urhobokwaleboy:
A nigga once said:i was reading it peacefully but kept seeing 5.9billion so i decided to stop, scrolled down to see the 5.9billion project in picture.Are you fvcking kidding me is that the project that gullped 5.9billion.Tanks,mikano gen & pumpimg machine..

I fear who no fear the leaders of this country...
You're the only one with sense so far. While I do not seek to excuse the state government's incompetence, it is obvious that this is just a smear campaign.

First of all, does Buhari's hometown have potable water? No!!

Is there any state in Nigeria that has provided potable water to its inhabitants? No

Does that picture merit 5.9bn? No

Is that the only obvious example of waste by the FG? No

A better storyline to pursue might have been government wastage of scarce resources on phony projects or more importantly, the absence of potable water in Nigeria but The Nation is too blinded by politics to be able to paint a big picture. Very low

Don't be surprised this is a hatchet job for the incoming APC adminstration in the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Titogbanski: 10:54am On Jan 29, 2020
Soulmender:
I'm a big fan of Jonathan but at the same time I'm so ashamed of the man.... Each time I read about the poor state of things and lack of basic amenities in Bayelsa state, I just shake my head for the man. I'm not sure the whole of Bayelsa state is up to a local government in kano. How come this man didn't do any significant thing for his state for a whole six years in power, instead he was busy beautifying northern states, giving them federal schools and the rest thinking he can buy their loyalty.
No drinkable water, no good road, the rivers are messed up, the primary and secondary are in a very bad state, everything is zero.
God help Nigeria.

So u can be easily deceived...or are you part of this staged propaganda....paid commentators to steer the discourse
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Soulmender: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2020
Titogbanski:

So u can be easily deceived...or are you part of this staged propaganda....paid commentators to steer the discourse

No bro, no one is deceiving or paying me... Let's put this thread aside.
I have friends from Bayelsa and some people who have served in Bayelsa state. Two years ago I also watched a documentary on the poor state of primary health facilities and secondary schools in the state.. Some of the corp members posted in some of the secondary schools were lamenting of their plight in the state.

Jonathan no try at all. I know it's not possible to change everything and turn the state to paradise but at least ensure they get some of the basic amenities.
He should've used his office to ensure that the governors and other stakeholders in the state put the allocations into good use.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by chukel(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2020
donprinyo:

silence sometimes can be more wise
your sentence is actually a piece of advice I want you to take home. Instead of typing more wise, you should have been silent. It's wiser
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by klax(m): 11:14am On Jan 29, 2020
ursullalinda:
That Dickson is a confirmed big for nothing......I said it earlier that if he had performed ........rigging would have been difficult in Bayelsa.......but his people were tired of him or who he has to offer.

First check if the project is Federal project? Then edit your comment. Beside this Lyon or PSG guy its never the alternative quote me in the next 8 months time.

The head is rotten then the rest body is useless. What you are seen today it's a result all the way from Shagari era and the rot kept on and on instead to improve its getting worst and worsen under current administraation because they now add nepotism and party allegiance into their own rot.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 29, 2020
Cantonese:
Talk about corruption. With 5.9b for water and it packed up almost immediately. Was there no maintainance agreement with the contractors?

If it was a federal government project how did it become Dickson's issue? Where is the minister in charge? Where are the contractors? Why would they stop paying staff salaries? How did it suddenly become private property with some people collecting rent? Could Jonathan no complain to government? Apparently Jonathan has done nothing about it since he has good water in his own compound.

Na wa for this country sef.

Are you new to the shenanigans going on in this country's corridors of power?

I am very sure GEJ knows where the N5.9bn project disappeared to. Into the pockets of his cronies. Didn't you read the crook companies such big project was contracted to. It was meant to fail and money pocketed.

So you cannot expect a crook to ask a crook what happened to the project.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by donprinyo(m): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2020
chukel:
your sentence is actually a piece of advice I want you to take home. Instead of typing more wise, you should have been silent. It's wiser
Small boy in English language. Go back to school u didn't get it right.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Horladipupo0505: 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:
Later they will be complaining that north is their problem... North is developing despite it poverty....

who is dis one..what is the development in North..only God can deliver d northerners frm dere huge problem that as prone to be threat to us in Nigeria
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by luluosas(m): 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Enemies within at work
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
Soulmender:

No bro, no one is deceiving or paying me... Let's put this thread aside.
I have friends from Bayelsa and some people who have served in Bayelsa state. Two years ago I also watched a documentary on the poor state of primary health facilities and secondary schools in the state.. Some of the corp members posted in some of the secondary schools were lamenting of their plight in the state.

Jonathan no try at all. I know it's not possible to change everything and turn the state to paradise but at least ensure they get some of the basic amenities.
He should've used his office to ensure that the governors and other stakeholders in the state put the allocations into good use.
I agree with you. Jonathan no try.
Have you been to Ota? That's OBJ's hometown. No potable water there too nor good roads for that matter.
How about Buhari the present occupant of power. Is there potable water in Daura? I hear there have emerged overnight billionaires in Daura and a helipad to boot. Has the standard of living there improved? No!! Just a few people enjoying the goodies.
It's a general thing. This report is playing on the intelligence of Nigerians and should be denounced.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by TooMuchStuff: 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:
Later they will be complaining that north is their problem... North is developing despite it poverty....

North can develop to Dubai level if it can but it should be done with Northern resources and not with southern resources
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by nograv: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
post=86196171:

[/b]

So Jonathan couldn't provide water for just 13 local government in his state including his village for the 6 whole years he was the President?!

Same Buhari some foolish souls are cursing and abusing daily brought water to Jonathan's hometown and handed over to the State Government and yet, they could not maintain it!
And they keep saying Buhari is their problem in life!
Obviously, some people embezzled this 5 BILLION NAIRA! shocked

[b]We don't want to type much on this shameful situation.
We are simply short of words!

It is only God that can help us in this nation.
The masses are not ready to help themselves obviously.

The hypocritical masses that will never ask questions from their leaders, but rather continue in their Hypocritical lifestyle will continue to suffer it.

This is the real definition of SHAMELESSNESS!!
There was a nation!

We wrote this below, over a year ago on Nairaland,
We never knew, the same sets of thieves and looters will still come out to do what they know how to do best......

Abandoned projects are being resuscitated nationwide. Recently, the N5.9 BILLION water project in Otuoke, Bayelsa State, came on stream.
It was not achieved when a native of the area was President.
The Lagos-Otta-Abeokuta road has been awarded. It was not done when a son of the area was in power.
The dredging of Warri port for N13 billion has been awarded.
Was it awarded when a native of the region was in office for six years?
Nigeria is making tremendous progress, and things can only get better.

Las las we go dey alright.
You've said it all.
To some criminals, they will still continue to say Buhari is their problem!
They will all be alright las las...
What a shame!

True that!

Do you all noticed how the 6 monikers that are always on the FP cursing their country 24/7 and support the looters and criminals that raped our country for 16 years all neglected this thread....Not even one of them showed up?
That is one of their Characteristics : HYPOCRISY!!

A paid poster calling out other supposed paid posters cheesy

Look enough with the shadow games. The point is, this project was dead as soon as Jonathan left office. As Buhari redirected all resources to is favoured regions.

No normal country should work like this. The issue is that no people were kept on to maintain the infrastructure or even expand its reach
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by osazsky(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
MorataFC:
I can't believe this, so it means for 6 years that GEJ was the president of this country he could not provide portable water for his community? Pathetic
That reminds me of OBJ too after 8 good years as Nigeria president if you see the road that leads to his own town you will sorry for him.
This what northerners will not fail to do, they will enrich their (friends grin) community.
it will shock u to know that there are no schs in duara I served there u can browse abt it.these our leaders are all the same and all deserve to be hanged by the balls but na only Islamic sch u go they see where our almajiri bro are brought up what a pitty I weep for this country
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
The South South is always their problem, What about ALSCON, an industry like that ought tobe working,yet since 1996 it has remained dormant.

Whose fault is it?
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by maasoap(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
ursullalinda:
That Dickson is a confirmed big for nothing...... I said it earlier that if he had performed ........rigging would have been difficult in Bayelsa .......but his people were tired of him or who he has to offer.

You sounded confused up there. You meant to type that rigging would have been easy.
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by maasoap(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
huptin:
When the people of Bayelsa voted out that nonsense governor, some people were saying nonsense, how can you fail at giving your people basic amenities but expect your people to keep voting for you just because you are in PDP?

The only reason they're being taken for granted. PDP, PDP, PDP all the time with no development

1 Like

Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by maasoap(m): 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
“We live on a waterworks site, yet, we buy sachets water to drink. We are begging all the stakeholders of this project to make it work again. When it was commissioned, it worked for some weeks and stopped,” she said.

Effect of corruption as a result of shady work
Re: N5.9b Water Project Rots In Otuoke, Ogbia - Bayelsa - Jonathan’s Town by wirinet(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2020
femmy2010:

And the mistake continues.
You have to start holding your governors accountable NOW. Do you currently know how much your governors get as security votes and how it is spent?
The system of governance does not change your approach and thinking overnight. Chinese are growing with their so-called old fashioned communist systems.

That's because it people that make and run the system and not the system making the people. A bad system with good people will produce good results, and good system with bad people will still produce bad results.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo Muslims Protest In Support Of Palestinians / 'Arrest Him’ Video: Channels TV Redeploys Cameraman To Senate / President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.