Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,046 members, 7,859,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary (20214 Views)

Changpeng Zhao, Binance CEO Says Operations Of Nigerian Subsidiary Is Fraudulent / Shoprite Concludes Sale Of Its Equity Stake (100%) In Its Nigeria Subsidiary / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary by guychidile: 11:17am On Jan 29, 2020
hmm I'm still tongue tied ..,some thing ma ugh be up.
Re: Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary by orimipe(f): 11:35am On Jan 29, 2020
This is very untrue shocked

MosakuAW:
The only bank in the 80's with powerful advert on TV then.

Union Bank: Big, Strong and Reliable

They are no where to be found today with poor customer service and old faces @the counter.

I have never seen any beautiful customer service rep (Lady or Man) @Union Bank till date.
Re: Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:16am On Jan 30, 2020
Yet another red flag ! I noticed the bank has been closing down some of its branches in recent times and that's what prompted my decision to transfer my money to another bank and opened another bank's account for my mum.

Before I left Nigeria after Xmas last year,I visited a branch in Osun State, as a concerned customer ,to seek information as regard why the bank was closing some of its branches. The lady I engaged at the customer service desk was just blabbing and was unable to reassure me or restore my confidence. I transferred my money and closed my mum's account three days after the visit.

So selling the UK subsidiary ,to me, is not any smart move as the MD may want some gullible Nigerians to believe,but a sign of distress; a red flag !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SPAR Shopping Extravaganza Abuja: Fashanu, Others Excite Abuja Residents / What Fast Moving Good(s) Does The Nigerian Market Need? / Currency Speculators ‘to Lose N700m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.