Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes (646 Views)

Indian Man Spent 72 Hours With 72 Venomous Snakes To Prove A Point / What Is The Most Venomous Snakes In The World? / Top Ten Most Venomous Snakes In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by Emmanuel226(m): 12:10am On Jan 29, 2020
Venom is a secretion containing one or more toxins produced by an animal. Venom has evolved in a wide variety of animals, both predators and prey, and both vertebrates and invertebrates.

When talking about venom animal, Snakes are famous for their venom, and justifiably so. But the most venomous creature of all often comes as a surprise.

In case you were wondering: An animal is poisonous when its toxins are passively deployed. In contrast, a venomous animal directly injects you with a toxin.

Inland Taipan Snake

The inland taipan has one of the most lethal venoms; one drop can kill up to 100 adult men, and it works in as little as 45 minutes.

Blue-ringed Octopus

Although it's relatively small -- only the size of a golf ball -- its venom is debilitating and deadly. It can cause respiratory failure within 10 minutes and death within 30. One bite can kill up to 26 men, and there is no antidote.

Irukandji Jellyfish

This tiny jellyfish, which may only grow as big as a person's fingertip, packs a huge punch. Unfortunate victims contract Irukandji syndrome, excruciating pain that even morphine has little effect on.

Even worse, there is no anti-venom for the sting. The toxins can cause fatal brain hemorrhages.

Cone Snail

The aquatic snails may move slowly, but that's precisely why their venom is extra potent. They have hollow modified teeth called "radulae" that are sharp enough to penetrate a wetsuit, and the estimated human lethal dose is incredibly small -- it's believed that the venom in one of these mollusks is enough to kill 20 adult humans.

Coastal Taipan

This highly toxic snake's venom affects both the nervous system and blood coagulation. If left untreated, mortality is 100 percent. In cases of severe envenomation, death comes swiftly -- within a half hour.

Dubois Sea Snake

The Dubois has the deadliest venom of all sea snakes and can kill a mouse with one bite. Sea snake venoms are heinous. They can cause paralysis, blurry vision, difficulty swallowing or speaking, and, in about 3 percent of victims, death.

Source:

Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by Emmanuel226(m): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2020
More pics

Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by Emmanuel226(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2020
Am feeling afraid already

Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by baysherpsyche: 12:15am On Jan 29, 2020
Lala and company grin grin grin
Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by subtlemee(f): 12:16am On Jan 29, 2020
me I don't even wait to check which one has venom o or antidote,anything that crawls near me be it house fly I take off with the speed of light
Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by Emmanuel226(m): 12:22am On Jan 29, 2020
baysherpsyche:
Lala and company grin grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by yarimo(m): 12:24am On Jan 29, 2020
That last picture is very scary undecided
Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by internationalman(m): 12:26am On Jan 29, 2020
Lala walking his snake around the thread

Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 29, 2020
The way I hate that animal called snake ehn!! I was just scrolling with pace to make sure I didn't see the picture but las las, I still saw it and no thanks to that guy above me..

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Venomous Animals,some Don't Have Anti-dotes by Papanwamaikpe: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2020
How is snail dangerous?

(1) (Reply)

Neopolitan Mastiff / 1 Year Plus White Male Lhasa Is Available For A New Home In Ilorin / American Male Purebred Pitbull Terrier Available For Stud Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.