Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,828 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day (36768 Views)

Adewale Salawu: How Soldiers Tortured Me, Dragged Me On The Ground / Soldiers Tortured & Punished Man For Wearing Military Camouflage / Mentally-Deranged Anglican Priest Sets ATM Of Imo Microfinance Bank, Aba On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by YancyJay: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
post=86200982:

Very sad story.
They should simply get a good lawyer.
Some soldiers actually think they are gods!
[/s]
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Viking007(m): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
atmstyle:
Sorry Bro, but if you know you and your cousins didn't do bad, why don't you report the issue to the Nigerian Army Human Rights Desk? You can get their contacts in this link.

Not all military officers are bad. Sorry for your experience if it is accurate.
[/s]You are sorry if its accurate and if they didn't do bad? What kind of offense would warrant such brutality? The same soldiers are feeding repentant BHT in Borno with Lucozade boost and groundnut. Ridiculous country. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by KingTom(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
We got everything you want honey, we know the names grin grin
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by midnighter(f): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
HAHAHA People who were drinking dirty water yesterday..shior

Why dont they torture those ones who messed up their stomach with mud-water? Rubbish people

2 Likes

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Truthbites: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
NIGERIAN soldiers eh! That's why I'm happy Boko Haram de deal with them
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by immantoks: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
I am a civilian staying with soldiers. To the best of my knowledge , they are wonderful people to relate and live with . Assuming it's those demented frustrated fools in black uniform like widows now, Many people would have commented of having similar experiences cos oppressing the masses is among what they are trained to do. lodge your complaint at the right quarters ,I can guarantee you justice.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Leebeedo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
nograv:

Depends on where she goes, if she goes to Abuja or Lagos she would be fine. Going to places like Aba, Port Harcourt or anywhere up north is a bad idea.

For every bad Nigerian there are many more who are trustworthy. Don't let you myopic viewpoint stop someone from reconnecting with Nigeria.

My brother, it is scary. I have heard first hand experiences from people close to me and it was very scary. The last time I visited, I was scared boarding a taxi from the airport. The way the taxi drivers were acting made it worse.

You also talked bout up north and Lagos. I be oshodi boy oh, infact, I was born in mafoluku and I soji like mad, nonetheless it's scary.

1 Like

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Jaqenhghar: 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
jaxxy:
Bt why do civilians especially in Nigeria feel they have to disrespect or not acknowledge military personnel’s with atleast sm respect like they wud to any respectable persons. The military are not to be overly respected bt neither shud they be looked down on or unduly disrespected.

Yes many of them take things out of hand bt this usually starts from when they feel or observe undue disrespect. It’s not right for them to react that way however bt that’s majorly it.

Abroad when they see the military amongst them they still acknowledge them just that they won’t react badly to any disrespect cos they are more knowledgeable and hv adjusted/evolved to right laws and approach to situations.
Liar. Which abroad? No one cowers before military men. The military men respect themselves join queue like evryone else and stay out of people's faces.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by IntellectOzone(m): 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Did you do anything to make the soldiers angry?
When they were questioning us and I spoke, they said ‘Oh, this one is from America’. They said they would torture me and give me a taste of the Nigerian experience in such a way that after the torture, I would be deported from the United Kingdom. It was very scary.

The Idiot of them don't even know the different between USA and UK.... imagine those Illiterates
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by midnighter(f): 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Leebeedo:
Hmmm. A black American colleague of mine walked up to me just last week asking bout travel details to Nigeria. I asked her why she intended travelling to Nigeria and she said she traced her ancestral roots to Nigeria-Togo and she already bought tickets for herself and 3 kids. She needed help with someone to take her around.

I told her point blank: don't visit Nigeria, visit somewhere else. I told her that even the police can kidnap you in Nigeria and ask for ransom.

Before you start throwing insults, I'm a nigerian like you and if you still decide to insult me, I won't be bothered. Afterall, I said the truth.

She could come but she should have planned her route before booking the tickets

Unfortunately this is not a tourist destination so some discretion is needed

3 Likes

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by erico2k2(m): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hedonisst:
Bloody cowards in uniform. Every other day, Boko Haram attacks them in their bases and the ones that manage to survive all run away, leaving their arms and ammunition behind for the Boko boys to cart away.

Yet when they see unarmed and harmless civilians, they always like to form Rambo. Does that make sense? I don't know the kind of orientation these idiots receive.
It was 4 this reasons Americans where granted the right to bear Arms.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by midnighter(f): 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by toplinetrtrend: 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
post=86200982:

Very sad story.
They should simply get a good lawyer.
Some soldiers actually think they are gods!

And you've been indirectly supporting their wickedness.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by ultimatekint(m): 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
KINGwax007:
Ok.. wetin make we do? Make we go help u fight them?
Fools like you cannot contribute anything meaningful. It is better you keep quiet permanently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by erico2k2(m): 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
jaxxy:
Bt why do civilians especially in Nigeria feel they have to disrespect or not acknowledge military personnel’s with atleast sm respect like they wud to any respectable persons. The military are not to be overly respected bt neither shud they be looked down on or unduly disrespected.

Yes many of them take things out of hand bt this usually starts from when they feel or observe undue disrespect. It’s not right for them to react that way however bt that’s majorly it.

Abroad when they see the military amongst them they still acknowledge them just that they won’t react badly to any disrespect cos they are more knowledgeable and hv adjusted/evolved to right laws and approach to situations.
Rubbish talk.Abroad the military get respect in Nigeria we are scarred of the military. Big difference btw respect and fear..A road U are not allowed to take ur guns out if not in duty post.Abroad military do not work i side thier country unless helping in cases of national disasters like floods n there are no guns.

1 Like

Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Greenbirth: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
KINGwax007:
animal. I am very sure that you are from the north terrorist.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by toplinetrtrend: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
KINGwax007:

I understand, bro. Your life has been surrounded with suffering and slavery for so long that you don't know what is right or wrong anymore. What the heck, you were born into mental slavery! So, I shouldn't be surprised at your absurd comment.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by ume1000: 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
Let's analyze nigga obviously saw soldiers on patrol or checkpoint and fail to acknowledge their presence probably drove past the checkpoint without slowing down and when they caught up with him was acting grammarian probably trying to act up for Biafra
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by jaxxy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Liar. Which abroad? No one cowers before military men. The military men respect themselves join queue like evryone else and stay out of people's faces.

Yes they do bt when there is an incident and they have to be in ur face, and happens do u disrespect them?
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by israelmao(m): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
You are kindly advise to remain in Britain many Nigerian security personnel have no dignity for humanity.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by isaiahethan: 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
atmstyle:
Sorry Bro, but if you know you and your cousins didn't do bad, why don't you report the issue to the Nigerian Army Human Rights Desk? You can get their contacts in this link.

Not all military officers are bad. Sorry for your experience if it is accurate.

My guy all Nigerian military officers are bastards. Animals in uniform
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by chukwumzurum(m): 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
It's a normal thing in aba... Soldiers there terrorise the area..mostly northern soldiers.
They won't go to their area to fight insurgency, it's to terrorise an almost peaceful area...
There work in aba is over, they should pack and go. The police can perfectly do their work at aba.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by ashawopikin(m): 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

This is the reason some Nigerians abroad never want to return home and choose to remain in exile.
make dem no come nah,de dey beg dem?
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by isaiahethan: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sirlins:
If you know the kind of suffering our soldiers are facing this time ohhh, you wouldn't want to tamper with them. Respect yourself and pray for them

They should be in sambisa,
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Caustic001: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Never worry, Amotekun will put a stop to this nonsense ! oh wait na Abia state? my bad
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by alasane: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
LIAR......just like that they bundle you into their hilux.........can you try the arrogance attitude you might have exhibited a white officers in the US.learn how to obey our law enforcement personnel just like you do in AMERICA..

If American police pull you over and ask you to place your your hand on steering wheel ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT he will gunned you that...HUMAN RIGHT DEM TO DEY ?
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by famzynet: 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sorry for what happened to you. But that is how bad security has deteriorated in the country called Nigeria. The security agencies are now torturers of civilians. I wish the army headquarters will sort out this issue. That Captain needs to be delisted,demoted and imprisoned as example for others.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Africomterror: 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Wow
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by famzynet: 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
alasane:
LIAR......just like that they bundle you into their hilux.........can you try the arrogance attitude you might have exhibited a white officers in the US.learn how to obey our law enforcement personnel just like you do in AMERICA..

If American police pull you over and ask you to place your your hand on steering wheel ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT he will gunned you that...HUMAN RIGHT DEM TO DEY ?

You obviously have not been outside Nigeria. Officers in developed nations respect themselves. You hardly see the army in US or UK unlike in Nigeria where they parade with their camouflage even in markets. Officers don't just approach you except they see you breaking the law. And people are not scared of the police or army ,rather people respect them. In Nigeria,people fear them and hate them because of how they terrorise and extort innocent civilians.
Re: Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day by Exmilitant(m): 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
The Man Must Have Mention Biafra To Warrant Sucb Brutality...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo Police Parades Fraudsters With Their Charms, Car, & Phones (photos) / Wife Pays Assassin N7000 To Kill Her Husband In Yola / Dame Julie Okah Donli Wearing A Dress Depicting Ills Of Human Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.