Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa (18815 Views)

FG Distributes 300,000 Hybrid Cocoa Seedlings To Farmers / FG Distributes Relief Materials To 894 Flood Victims In Akwa Ibom / National Cash Transfer Programme: FG Distributes N10bn To 300,000 Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by ForeThinker: 9:35am On Jan 29, 2020
post=86198665:
Okay

Mmmm
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Arrewa: 9:35am On Jan 29, 2020
Ok
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by JosephXavier: 9:36am On Jan 29, 2020
No be to buy car be the main thing Na to dey fuel am
Una go give dem money make dey use day fill gas join

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by anonimi: 9:37am On Jan 29, 2020
helinues:
Gas cooker to rural area??

Of all the priorities for Nasarawa state. shocked

Inside the broken schools in Nasarawa where pupils sit on floor to learn
June 15, 2019

Nasarawa, in North-Central Nigeria, has one of the highest rates of out-of-school children in Nigeria. Africa’s most populous country currently has 13.2 million out-of-school children, the highest rate anywhere on earth, according to the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).

The rate — about 47 per cent — means that one in every five children is out of school.

Most of these children are in Nigeria’s North East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa, where Boko Haram activities have disrupted academic activities for a decade now. Other states and regions are also seriously affected, and one of them is Nasarawa in the North central region.

Nasarawa, next door to the federal capital, Abuja, has a significant percentage of out-of-school children. And one factor that has not helped reverse this problem, analysts say, is the poor state of school facilities in the state.

An examination by PREMIUM TIMES of public schools in Nasarawa State has shown many schools are unsuitable for learning despite the huge amount of money the state says it has spent in the sector in recent years. Fifteen schools examined by this newspaper were in a poor state, posing risks to pupils and teachers.

Nasarawa, in North-Central Nigeria, has one of the highest rates of out-of-school children in Nigeria. Africa’s most populous country currently has 13.2 million out-of-school children, the highest rate anywhere on earth, according to the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).

The rate — about 47 per cent — means that one in every five children is out of school.

Most of these children are in Nigeria’s North East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa, where Boko Haram activities have disrupted academic activities for a decade now. Other states and regions are also seriously affected, and one of them is Nasarawa in the North central region.

Nasarawa, next door to the federal capital, Abuja, has a significant percentage of out-of-school children. And one factor that has not helped reverse this problem, analysts say, is the poor state of school facilities in the state.

An examination by PREMIUM TIMES of public schools in Nasarawa State has shown many schools are unsuitable for learning despite the huge amount of money the state says it has spent in the sector in recent years. Fifteen schools examined by this newspaper were in a poor state, posing risks to pupils and teachers.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/335212-inside-the-broken-schools-in-nasarawa-where-pupils-sit-on-floor-to-learn.html

charlycharles:
Cut-off marks for entrance to Federal UNITY Schools for all 36 states and the FCT
••••
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Bayelsa – Male (72) Female (72)
Benue – Male (111) Female (111)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Cross-Rivers – Male (97) Female (97)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)
Kogi – Male (119) Female (119)
Kwara – Male (123) Female (123)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Niger – Male (93) Female (93)
Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara – Male (4) Female (2)
FCT Abuja – Male (90) Female (90)

http://www.proshareng.com/news/20169

After 50 years of Independence, the government of the so called disadvantaged regions ought to have done something to address the situation. You cannot continue to spoon-feed a child and expect that same child to grow, mature and be independent.

A student from Abia scores 130 in the Federal Commonwealth Entrance exam, yet it's almost impossible to gain admission in the school of his choice, yet another child from Zamfara will score less than 5 and gain same admission seamlessly. How do you encourage such a child that hard work and merit pays?
Look at all the appointments the president has made so far, over 90% from the north. They are telling us they are based on merit. My question is how comes, when it comes to appointment, they are hiding under merit to appoint only their own, but when it comes to exams and admission into Federal institutions, they bring in Federal character.

I'm an advocate of merit, hardwork, transparency, objectivity and emperical selection process. That way you encourage everybody to work hard for whatever he/she wants. After all, the Bible says, "he who does not work, let him not eat". It's against natural and spiritual justice and principle to take from those who work and give to those who don't work. That in itself is the root of corruption Nigeria. I support the President's fight against corruption. I advocate the enthronement of merit and objectivity in our national life.

So, Mr. President, if you are serious about your anti-corruption mantra, If you are serious about this your new "merit" policy, let's go back to the basis. Start by eliminating all forms of quota system and federal character in the admission process into Unity schools, Federal universities and recruitment/employment into all federal civil service, agencies, parastatals and let's see who will be qualified. That's my humble submission.

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Cantonese: 9:39am On Jan 29, 2020
APC will bring one thousand wives and sisters of their members in the 774 local governments as "rural women" to pick up for their homes only.
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by kendological(m): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2020
To be resold ASAP.
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by crowniran(m): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2020
Do you want to get a skill in web development and WordPress? Or Adobe illustrator?
I can give you access to these courses for 1,500naira on udemy. Check my signature for contact
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by IrohCaysen: 9:42am On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
post=86198716:

Na dem.....

8-5 = 3 Years of WAILING.
U go wail, your neck go long
[/s]
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by IrohCaysen: 9:43am On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
post=86198677:

Okay, we were part of the volunteers that taught them how to months ago.
So they know now.

Thanks for your concern anyways!
[/s]
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by IrohCaysen: 9:43am On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
post=86198665:

This is a very good development.
This one of the little things Government should get going for her citizens, especially the women.
Good to know this will go all across the 774 Local government in Nigeria.

Better than the way some corrupt souls used money more than this project to buy just jewelries and neck chain for themselves!

Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New and better place.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 29, 2020
Arrewa:
Give us Biafra and we will turn Biafra land to Dubai within 2 years.......
kerosene is better for those living in rural area than gas cylinder . This cylinders will find their way to the market few hours after receiving them
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Blindersoff: 9:49am On Jan 29, 2020
ChoCho54:
Is this not what the condemned Jonathan for? grin

Hahaha..

Jonathan's own was simply stupid.

He planned to distribute COOKING STOVES and not cooking gas cylinders.

Learn the difference.

Jonathan's own was never distributed but was rather left to rot in the national stadium.
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Olam09(m): 9:58am On Jan 29, 2020
�� una well done nasarrawa people be like

Foolish government so that they reduce the population of nasarrawa with gas explosion how will you be giving illiterates gas cylinder how will they handle it gan self do they know the safety precautions ni

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by IntellectOzone(m): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2020
YungMike:
Lol

My grandma when she was alive once said, "My Son; food taste better when prepared with Firewood than Gas Cooker"

I'm 99% sure those rural women will prefer their Firewood that than Gas Cylinders.

Meanwhile, if you're outside NIGERIA and you want to call your family and friends in Nigeria for as low as 12kb/s...Check my signature for contact info.

No lies bro

Especially if you cook Rice and Beans

It taste more delicious than that of Gas

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Truthbites: 9:59am On Jan 29, 2020
Clueless government
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by banestic4(m): 10:04am On Jan 29, 2020
he is totally adding to the rate of which fire accident will increase due to the lack of knowledge of how to use it imagine a woman putting on her gas cylinder and going to market for her kpomo meat to get done!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:12am On Jan 29, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Hopefully they’ll also provide gas plant to supply gas to them for free. Like gas is 10naira per kg. Nonsense and Osinbajo undecided

I don't see any reason why gas should be more than 100 naira in Nigeria
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by bonnyhope: 10:13am On Jan 29, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
angry
Why starting with Nasarawa?

Is Abia no longer the first state alphabetically?

Buhari and Nepotism na siamen twins Las Las

No be kerosene stove una de use?

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by iyatrustee(f): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2020
Lostz:
kerosene is better for those living in rural area than gas cylinder . This cylinders will find their way to the market few hours after receiving them

Ironically, Gas is cheaper!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by bonnyhope: 10:20am On Jan 29, 2020
Blindersoff:

Jonathan's own was simply stupid.

He planned to distribute COOKING STOVES and not cooking gas cylinders.

Learn the difference.

Jonathan's own was never distributed but was rather left to rot in the national stadium.

Kerosene stove is better for those in the rural areas because of the hazard in using gas.
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Exodora: 10:21am On Jan 29, 2020
This same Gas cylinder that Osibanjo wants to barn

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by JVector: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2020
A good initiative.
This will create job opportunity for the refillers in the community.
But please these locals need safety training on gas vessels handling.

CNG for automobile loading.....
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Blindersoff: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2020
bonnyhope:

Kerosene stove is better for those in the rural areas because of the hazard in using gas.

Yes and I guess the gas fires in the urban areas also shows that kerosene stoves should also be more in use in the cities right?
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 29, 2020
iyatrustee:

Ironically, Gas is cheaper!
cheaper for where? I use both when I was in school and kerosene last longer and is readily available even in rural area. you know how long it takes to finish 2k worth of kerosene?
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by EBEk101(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Arthur911:
Na only northerners de benefited from federal government i wonder o..
D thing don tire me government of d north
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:32am On Jan 29, 2020
Federal Govt no get sense

The northern people you gave gases do they know how to use it

These people are used to firewood, they don't need this.
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by seanjy4konji: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2020
person harvesting yam and pepper to sell on market day will now take two thousand to fill gas?

rent of a month in that shade he or she sleeps?

this people don mad..person weh deh urban area self deh knock neighbor door abeg borrow me cylinder..not to talk of person weh na cassave being hin source...

Who send me come this country self.
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by CJ310(m): 10:35am On Jan 29, 2020
I hope they’ll teach them how to use and maintain the cylinders!
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by biafran1stson(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=Arthur911 post=86198693]Na only northerners de benefited from federal government i wonder o..[/quote
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by twilliamx(m): 10:45am On Jan 29, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Failed Project!

Who will be Refilling the Gas for the broke ones among them?
You don't solve Problems with a problem

Incase you dont know. Using gas is cheaper than using kerosene stove. Am talking from experience.... They just need to be sensitized...
Re: FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:47am On Jan 29, 2020
Arrewa:
Give us Biafra and we will turn Biafra land to Dubai within 2 years.......
hush....even hongkong started from scratch...look at it now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Have Failed Us - Northern Elders To Buhari Over Insecurity / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. / "We Will Support Buhari If He Contests In 2019" - South-East Elders Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.