Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says (51104 Views)

Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report / Kobe Bryant's Death: Investigators Seek Answers To Chopper Crash. / Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Brightgem(f): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
LordeCalifornia:

A heavy duty parachute would suffice. It may sound crazy, but with science, almost anything can be achieved. plus, the essence of the parachute is not to suspend the chopper in the air, it is rather to reduce the degree of impact on the ground.

It's only a suggestion though, Those in aviation line could look into it.
After all, hot air ballons could be used to lift really heavy weights.
Are you guys Nigerians? The debate or shall we say presentation from you all should be happening in a board room with multinationals.

Nice to know we have problem solvers.

2 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by LordeCalifornia: 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
healthserve:

Sensors would be in place so the entire craft dismembers itself once there's an engine failure first the blade then the side doors and then the spring beneath the seat bullet shotos them 20 to 30 feet into the sky and then the wprachute spreads

This ideas were used in American movies in the early 90s . I'm shocked this engineering system hasn't been employed in modern craft. Althought Kobe craft is old sha

I can practically make a prototype of this helicopter design for the right price

Engineering machine design isn't a strange field with me
The entire aircraft dismembers itself? and where would these dismembered parts land? they would end up landing in different locations on the ground killing innocent passersby going about their businesses.

Just assume a helicopter blade disengages mid air and lands in a crowded place, then the heavy engine lands in another crowded place, then the doors land in another crowded place. it would end up causing even more commotion.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by sirtuler(m): 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
Make una leave all this stories..
helicopter do this?
Helicopter do that?

The young Man is Gone..
Bro, America is not Nigeria where we don't value life. This people normally carry out proper investigation into whatever happen no matter how small it is. That will enable them to possibly prevent such in the future and punish any act of negligence or incompetent in the working environment.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
LordeCalifornia:

The entire aircraft dismembers itself? and where would these dismembered parts land? they would end up landing in different locations on the ground killing innocent passersby going about their businesses.

Just assume a helicopter blade disengages mid air and lands in a crowded place, then the heavy engine lands in another crowded place, then the doors land in another crowded place. it would end up causing even more commotion.

The parts of crafts are made from light metal aluminium has a relatively light density and won't create much damage ...also as the viscosity of the dismembered parts flow through the air the air pressure causes it's density tonfirtyer deduce hence its impact force dwindles four times it's actual density

I have many of such machine designs. If I find their rightht sources I am willing to share many of my designs for free
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
He was bluntly murdered,his death was predicted on a cartoon few yrs ago.

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by succri(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Kylekent59: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
Make una leave all this stories..
helicopter do this?
Helicopter do that?

The young Man is Gone..

They do it to prevent future occurrences .

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by LordeCalifornia: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Brightgem:
Are you guys Nigerians? The debate or shall we say presentation from you all should be happening in a board room with multinationals.

Nice to know we have problem solvers.
Funny you. I am a Nigerian, I do not know about the others smiley .

2 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Taciturn1: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
LordeCalifornia:

If the blade disengages, it goes a different way, killing a different set of people, while the chopper would still eventually crash, killing another set of people. Leaving only the people on board as the survivors. But if the blades stay put to the chopper, a lesser fatality would be meted out on innocent passersby.

Parachuting the entire chopper would suffice, the parachute could be positioned in a way that the rotating blades would not affect the suspending ropes.
Good suggestion, but such a parachute may not work in a spiralling(as is likely to be) craft about to crash
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
Taciturn1:
Good suggestion, but such a parachute may not work in an spiralling(as is likely to be) craft about to crash

The seat has to shoot the passengers several feet into the air and the force opens the parachute. Many action films around 1990 embraced this concept. I'm shocked this wasn't embraced in this Chopper's design. Although having engineering systems is one thing the discretion of the air craft operator is another thing
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by LordeCalifornia: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
healthserve:

The parts of crafts are made from light metal aluminium has a relatively light density and won't create much damage ...also as the viscosity of the dismembered parts flow through the air the air pressure causes it's density tonfirtyer deduce hence its impact force dwindles four times it's actual density

I have many of such machine designs. If I find their rightht sources I am willing to share many of my designs for free

I see, it is a nice submission then. But it still exposes innocent people to danger, no matter how small smiley
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
LordeCalifornia:

I see, it is a nice submission then. But it still exposes innocent people to danger, no matter how small smiley

If the right sources are available laternatives can be put I know NASA employs public designs but don't have direct sources. In a committed tram all can be fixed in months
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by LordeCalifornia: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
Taciturn1:
Good suggestion, but such a parachute may not work in a spiralling(as is likely to be) craft about to crash
True, at that point, the craft could tilt to any random direction. The design could be modified, or a completely different solution be provided, but something should at least be done to reduce air travel accident fatalities.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2020
shogsman:

Only a dunce will think this way

Shogsman with short brain
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Realfrankie(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hustle oo

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2020
LordeCalifornia:

During a crash all still comes down. Infact dismembershipnpf components before impact on ground refuses damage and collision force considerably
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Kylekent59: 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
euromilion:
He was bluntly murdered,his death was predicted on a cartoon few yrs ago.

You are just behaving like a fool.

Someone that uses flight anytime he gat a game, he even assist his daughter whenever she gat a game.

Travelling by helicopter is also risk as anything could happen; engine could fail, mist, fog, even turbulence or hurricane can affect the state of the helicopter.

It is just like telling a Soldier man that he would die in a gun battle

Telling a thief that he would be set ablaze one day by mobs

Telling a prostitute that she would contract Hiv on day

Telling a highway driver that he would have accident one day

Telling a snake charmer that he would be bitten one day out of carelessness

Telling a pilot he would die in a crash

Telling a trailer driver that he would settle in a dish one day

So forget all those prediction.

If he had used his ride, this would have been avoided.

3 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Taciturn1: 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2020
healthserve:

The seat has to shoot the passengers several feet into the air and the force opens the parachute. Many action films around 1990 embraced this concept. I'm shocked this wasn't embraced in this Chopper's design. Although having engineering systems is one thing the discretion of the air craft operator is another thing
Is this seat ejection you talk about possible in a Chopper? The rotor blades could slice up the ejectees
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
Taciturn1:
Is this seat ejection you talk about possible in a Chopper? The rotor blades could slice up the ejectees

Thanks to you all. I just had one of the best ideas of my life... I've solved a puzzle on how to end all aircraft crashes. Damn. Where can I communicate what just came to my mind embarassed

About the chopper blades. The helicopter dismembers itself immediately there's multiple engine fiwlure start jg with the chopper then both side doors then the seats thrusts passengers upward 10-30feet up and the parachute pulls out
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Ogurube: 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
Wow! That ill-fated copter flew over my hood. It was a super foggy Sunday with poor visibility.

Macsjebs:
RIP Great Legend

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ogurube:
Wow! That ill-fated copter flew over my hood. Crazy!

Damn it. Your house missed.. grin. Just a joke..kidding..
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by Dayoara: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
It's very painful how black men dies in a questionable and mysterious ways.... There was a prediction about 12 years ago about him to die in helicopter crash.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by midnighter(f): 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by millionboi2: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
Dayoara:
It's very painful how black men dies in a questionable and mysterious ways.... There was a prediction about 12 years ago about him to die in helicopter crash.
lol

Maybe thy saw his level of love 4helicopter

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by JastSiryin(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Bonapart:
Illuminati things

Dont forget, be it a plane or helicopter doesn't fall down on it's own accord

Don't forget that
Better go and look for your sense fast before they sweep it away angry
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by midnighter(f): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by YorubaPrince: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Bonapart:
Illuminati things

Dont forget, be it a plane or helicopter doesn't fall down on it's own accord

Don't forget that

Typical African mentality. angry
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by midnighter(f): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
playapayaski:
RIP Kobe.. But god o, don't allow me enter free plane to Dubai go chop life with rich friends pass there o.
Just imagine d other families that died, all na to follow free transport n superstar.

That's what I was just thinking, imagine that some people were beefing the people on that helicopter that they took their spot...not knowing that it saved their lives

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by midnighter(f): 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
emoch:

There are a lot of technology. Please do a google search on TAWS(Terrain Avoidance Warning System), GPWS ( Ground Proximity Warning System), TCAS ( Traffic Collision Avoidance System). These are technologically advanced systems on aircrafts to prevent situations like this. How the pilots uses them is up to the individual person. Have you read the prelim report on the crash.

1.The Pilot was operating in foggy weather (meaning he does not have visuals)
2. The Pilot was operating on Special VFR (tricky scenerio)

I read he requested to climb to a higher altitude but missed a mountain by about 20ft (unconfirmed report).

So this whole thing points to Pilot Error, not the aircraft.

board member Jennifer Homendy said the helicopter did not have a terrain awareness and warning system, which provides the pilot with information about the terrain.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by IghravweIG(m): 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
midnighter:

How?
Shock or heart attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by midnighter(f): 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
byinks:
It seems the pilot may have deliberately plunged the chopper....was he depressed or terminally ill ?

Can you imagine? What if he was paid or forced to deliberately mash the stuff into the mountain? shocked
Re: Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says by healthserve(m): 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
We are forgetting what truly matters. This is deliberate. I just reasoned this even deeper.

If a plane traveled at 2000feet in minutes and then crashed it won't flal so hardly if it wasn't deliberate. The dude flew the helicopter high to get the required altitude for the momentum and deliberetepy threw it down. This isn't an engine error.

The pilots. Forced erroros not wanting to wait for protocol, miscommunication with the towers are indicators of a planned work by the pilot. The pilot killed Kobe for fun. To mock the world and to make the world suffer pain.

An helicopter won't fall 2000 feet within minutes for an helicopter that has multipsel engines where a pilot cna switch from one engine to the other if it wasn't that he deliberately wanted to crash the chopper.

We hear investigations will be carried out and it's reports would be published in exactly one year for now. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Cc EgunMogaji his isn't a mechanical error or weather induced problem but a psychopath at work

Cc

Blu03

Crackhaus

Pansophist

Franchasng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi George’s Family & Girlfriend Get ₦20 Million From Enugu Rangers (Photos) / Pitch Invader Ran On The Pitch, Chile Player Tackles Him, Suarez Ran To Referee / Cristiano Ronaldo Bags Award From Guinness Book Of Record - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.