Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari (4179 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / I Will Congratulate Winner If I Lose – Okorocha / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by LocalChamp: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2010
I will not go to court if I lose, says Buhari

By Festus Owete

December 10, 2010 12:49AM

Former military head of state, Muhammadu Buhari,yesterday formally joined the presidential race for the third time, pledging that he will not contest the result of the elections whatever the
outcome.

Mr Buhari, who is contesting the 2011 polls on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change, the party he founded earlier in the year, said since he did not succeed at the court on two previous occasions, it will be a waste of time to go there again.

He was the presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in 2003 and 2007. According to him, his experience as well as reports from several independent local and international observers, showed clearly that those elections were not transparent, credible, free or fair, nor did they reflect the true will of the people.

He said that as committed democrats, he and his supporters chose to toe the legal path in protesting these malpractices but regretted that the outcome was not encouraging.

"The judgement of the Supreme Court in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary hardly conformed to the idea of justice. The common feeling was that the judiciary was not acting independently," he said. Even though we disagreed with these rulings we accepted them as a decision of the highest court of the land so that people do not lose faith in the overall democratic system. This time we are not going to court. Once bitten, but in our case twice bitten, " Mr Buhari said that he joined the race again after three months of wide consultations through letters and by telephone calls to hundreds of people.

Betrayed and bungled

According to him, his involvement in democratic politics in the last nine years has not only led him to every part of the country, but has made him to engage in comprehensive and rewarding consultations with a wide spectrum of people throughout the country, and he was convinced that Nigerians deserve better and will respond to good leadership.

He added that after 12 years of democratic practice in the country, the PDP "administration's record is a catalogue of betrayal and serially bungled opportunities" while "poor and incompetent management has combined with pervasive corruption and bad faith to worsen poverty and unemployment." The former head of state said he is a strong believer in multi-party democracy because it offers the best opportunity in terms of security, equity, prosperity and progress as a nation, but lamented that "the conduct of Nigeria's leadership in the last twelve years has given democracy a bad name."

He argued that if the country is to enjoy the fruits of a modern democratic state, responsible leadership must ensure that governance is conducted transparently and effectively towards improving and not worsening the well being of its people.

Mr Buhari said his vision for the country centres on his strong belief that since it is the only country Nigerians have, they have to work together with him to salvage it.

Great potentials

"My vision of Nigeria iscentred on the strong belief in this country. We all know that our country has great potentials. This is the only country we have, so we should all work to salvage it. With our enormous human and natural resources, we need to develop a nation where all Nigerians can be party to the process. We must return to the era when honesty, hard work and discipline once again are virtues," he said.

He stated that apart from undertaking other developmental efforts to reposition the country, he will make a genuine effort to tackle the problems of Niger Delta. Mr Buhari attributed the roots of the problems in the region to corruption and the failure of the Nigerian elite to understand the grievances and deep-seated feeling of its people.

He also regretted that hoodlums in the region are not being treated as criminals and terrorists but as representatives of a community whose immediate environment produces the bulk of the foreign exchange earnings of the country.

According to Mr Buhari, "We are going to engage Niger Delta people together with knowledgeable Nigerians, experts and the oil companies to evolve a systematic solution to these festering crises so that the country can move forward. We will review the activities of the local, state and federal governments with respect to Niger Delta areas." Responding to a question on the alliance talks between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Mr Buhari said it is in progress and that a report on it will be submitted to him soon by the head of his party's team, Aminu Bello Masari, a former Speaker of the House of Representatives.

He asked other opposition parties to join him in forging an alliance to dislodge the Peoples Democratic Party from power. Mr Buhari also said that his party has no business with the decision of some northern members of the PDP to pick a consensus candidate to represent the region, saying CPC is a national party and our constituency is the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

Earlier in his speech, the CPC national chairman, Rufa'i Hanga said that Mr Buhari is the only presidential aspirant on the platform of the party so far, and that was the reason he attended the formal declaration of the aspirant.

Among those who delivered goodwill messages are a former governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, Balarabe Musa, Tony Momoh and Lanre Tejuoso.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5652176-146/i_will_not_go_to_court.csp
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by victorazy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
Optimism
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by otokx(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
He will loose and he will go to court and be lost.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by victorazy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
otokx:

He will loose and he will go to court and be lost.

He has said it and so shall it be, he will never loose.
Do you know number of human sacrifice that will be carried out?
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by miqos02(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
we shall see
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by slap1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2010
Time and experience has made Buhari a defeatist.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by ayzero6487(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2010
even if d elections r free and fair,he would lose.so who cares.afta all buhari is by no diferent 4rm babangida, 2 hell wit him,  angry angry
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by akwarandu(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2010
he is the best man for the job, let all surport and vote for him.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by babsmii(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
the court you've always gone, what did it yield?
i want you there but your past keeps hunting you + you dont have as much political toutish swag as your competitiors like IBB and Gusau so that should keep you in your house for now, traiin your children to be loyal and let me start from where you stopped, pele tie!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by babsmii(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2010
akwarandu:

he is the best man for the job, let all surport and vote for him.

he is good for the job, he's not the best, how can you say Buhari is the best man for the job,
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Blazay(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
You go definitely lose.
You nor get money to rig.
You nor get overall  Northern consensus backing.
You be forner military. . . the only way you sabi run contri.
Who want anoda coup as you dey sleep for duty?

Go siddon jare.

Who dash you court case?
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Timothyxx(m): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
Did i hear someone say optimism,, absolutely wrong. This is pure pessimism, he already knew his direction = loosing end.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Muza(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2010
grin RSVP SAI BUHARI
Its quite unfortunate so many Nigerian youths are such ethnic bigots,cos of this mindset of our youths, the future is quite blurred.
Every honest person knows that Gen Buhari is the right person at this moment considering our gross indisipline.
Only a fool will refuse what will bring him progress

#RSVP #2011
#Rig2011ElectionsAnduDie
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by calddon(m): 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2010
political Propaganda mcheew,
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by scopusng(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
Buhari is not corrupt. He has only one house to himself.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^ But he's an ethnic and religious bigot
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by squeeky: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
naijababe:

^^^ But he's an ethnic and religious bigot

so how many non-hausa's, christians or churches did he destroy during his last tenure, This is cheap propaganda state your facts to support your statements otherwise present more intelligent arguments
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by bababuff(m): 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
~~~ Mallam Buhari don start again. lipsrsealed
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Boboribo: 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
Why wont you go to court if you lose fraudulently? This is not the time to tell people what will make them feel good.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by tyson55(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
Buhari is not the best that there is, but compare him to people like Atiku and Ibb, i think he is an angel. Having said that, he is a religious bigot who 'll not mind taking Nigeria into (Oic) organisation of islamic countries.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Fhemmmy: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
This guy has too much money to waste . . . .
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by estatemark(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Buhari is worth considering,though he may not have my vote, I consider him a worthy candidate.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
I don't see him as a democrat grin
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by ibrolamin(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
nah, you guys are not making sense with the negative comments being made against the only presidential aspirant who has the gut to openly welcome defeat if it comes and rather not show his desperation by making the presidency a do or die affair as our brothers gej and atiku are currently exhibiting. I think you guys are on the wrong sentiment. You should be rebranding you thoughts. I am only trying to be realistic here. Nigeria is in a mess and we certainly dont need a grossly incompetent gej or a sorry ibb to clean it all up. What we need is an incorruptible leader with a strong personality, vision n very good foresight with an ability to make the right decisions at the right time. A leader who is success driven and people focused with an unbiased mind, a capable and competent leader having a very good heart but swift in dealing with the corrupt and bad elements in our society to enable us move forward. We need an effective leader whose leadership will be felt at the grassroots not just in the fct. Gej has failed us in all this indices i have mentioned. I dont need to give proofs, its clear and its still occuring. Call it sentiment or otherwise, buhari remains the very best option available that can be trusted with the leadership of our great nation nigeria. He carries my vote anyday. Mind you, i dont know him personally, neither do i have any contact with him or any of his campaign organisations. This is in fact the very first time i've come out plainly to voice out my support for this man. Any rational or reasonable person would do the same, Besides, i believe i may not be far from the truth if i say i probably could be voicing out the mind of about or more than a hundred million nigerians who choose to be realistic, rationale in thinking and not sentimental. Over to you guys,
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by hercules07: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
Buhari will definitely get my vote, it seems strange that the one man who does not give a damn about the cabal is the one being dismissed here, whoever we vote in will be the leader we deserve.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by lakecity: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2010
Buhari will get my vote. I consider him the best candidate.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2010
lakecity:

Buhari will get my vote. I consider him the best candidate.
SKEPTICISM i must say tongue
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by babalawo(m): 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
He might not go to the court but HE CAN SURELY TAKE TO THE STREETS!

He might have lost hope in the Judiciary after the near-miss he had at the Supreme court in 2007!!!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by strangest(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
yes Mr. Buhari I understand, you do not have the money again to retain the services of an attorney, The money wey you steal before don finish, abi?
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by abdulizom(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
A man EFCC never hunt, he oversaw ETF where millions flow on daily basis for over three years without any allegation of corruption. After several audit to get any loophole by OBJ administration, he was left untouched. He had just one house and make his account open for any investigation.
Nigerians will always remain backbenchers forever, unless we re-direct our rationale. We have to look beyond ourselves and rise to the occassion, otherwise we will remain slaves of these verocious animals forever.
GEJ can not deliver. How can a man who allows automatic tickets to lunatics deliver. Same fools whose legitimate salary & allowances not up to 1mil, now stealing 53+mil. My candid advise is that we should be wise.
In my personal objective judgement, a combination of Buhari & Okonjo Iweala will do us well. Because Buhari gives any intelligent person under him, freedom to execution brilliant ideals. This fact was witnessed during his era as President and not accidental as ETF boss.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Beaf: 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
I laugh in Buhari! grin

During Shagari's rule, a senate committee (headed by Olusola Saraki) traced our missing $2.8billa NNPC money to Buhari's London Midland bank account. He got the reporter (Vera Ifudu) who read out the facts on NTA sacked (she later sued, won the case and got compensation.

Buhari simply hasn't been "caught", because of soldiers penchant for burning down whole buildings, staging coups etc just to get rid of evidence. Buhari is most likely struggling for democratic power now to get rid of the last traces of incriminating evidence against him (since the coup route don block wella).

If no be to cover evidence, den e mean say Buhari loot don finis and e wan com chop. grin
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by MeGaStReEt: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
why do you want to waste your money, Mr Buhari??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Is Dead In Nigeria - Watch APC Rally In The Market In Benin Today / Dozens Of EU Parliamentarians Protests Against Nnamdi Kanu's Incarceration / 1982 In Memory:picture Of Late General Odumegwu Ojukwu After arriving ENUGU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.