Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is (4187 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Boko Haram Is A Cia Covertoperation – Wikileaks. Read Patiently / Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
Boko Haram isn't our problem, corruption is, Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders

It is unfortunate and very sad that we have to visit this topic once again, but it is what it is, if we want a better NIGERIA we must not give up, we must keep the pressure going.

This was posted on July 30 2008, when Yaradua was still our president:
[b]Message for Yaradua:
No need to further waste our time and money; at this point:
Don't bother to give us constant power supply
Don't bother to give us constant water supply
Don't bother to improve education standard in Nigeria
Forget the medical system in Nigeria
And also forget improving the infrastructure.

Just give us a priceless gift and revise the constitution of our country; By immediately imposing the public execution of any convicted corrupt entities (after Oct 2008).
Once the death penalty is back on the block (imposed), I guarantee you guys that all of us will immediately witness automatic constant power/ water supply. All these necessary amenities and the other impossible things will become feasible naturally in a very short period.

Why do you want these folks to continue to take us for a long ride?
Why do you want them to continue to waste our money on improving power sector and other invisible projects?
Why do you want EFCC to continue to chase these folks (governors) in a circle?
Why do you want crisis in Niger Delta to continue?
Why do you want to continue to deal with snow in whiteman's countries?
How long and how many of us are still willing to continue to escape from Nigeria to be slave drivers in other countries?

Do not let us continue to fool ourselves any longer; Nigerians are too damn smart to be anybody's fools.
Support the implementation of death penalty today and see your country fly high once again.

I'm sorry guys, anything else will be nothing but a waste of time and money.

Absolutely, nothing else will work, I guarantee you!
[/b]
And here we are today still nursing this same old rubbish called corruption.

LET US SAFE NIGERIA BY IMPOSING DEATH PENALTY FOR ALL CORRUPT LEADERS. THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO ALL OUR TROUBLE IN NIGERIA, NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK IN THIS COUNTRY
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2011
ICAN President Backs Death Penalty for Corrupt Leaders

http://allafrica.com/stories/201108221085.html
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2011
Kill corrupt leaders to save Nigeria – Akintola

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=4340
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2011
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2011
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2011
http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8654

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8654
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by HighChief4(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
It seems you have plans to extinct a particular group in Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2011
I'm sure that now that bomb is sounding all around Nigeria, our leaders will be sincere and willing to make sure that no stone is left unturned to find solutions to this new development/enemy of progress. While these f00ls that called themselves leaders run around for solutions without any hesitation, we must not forget that their pure sincerity to fight terrorism in Nigeria is not to protect anyone or citizens, but themselves. They know that sooner or later they (leaders) will become the target of this terrorist cult.

I wonder what would have happened many years ago to our economic growth in Nigeria if they (Leaders) have put up this same kind of energy or aggression on fighting against terrorism to fight corruption?

Of course without any questions we denounce any kind of terrorism on our mother's land, but if you ask me, I will say corruption in Nigeria is a little bit more deadlier than Boko Haram. For over 30 years, corruption has claimed more lives in Nigeria than anything else.

Let us work hard toward stopping CORRUPTION in Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2011
I see no difference between Boko Haram and corrupt leaders.
Boko Haram and corrupt leaders are the enemies of this country. They are at the same level and should be categorized together. They should be severely attacked with full force. and their punishment should be the same.

Jonathan should be honest and loyal to the citizens that put him in the office, by exercising the same energy to fight both enemies (Boko Haram and corrupt leaders) of this country vigorously.
I still think corrupt leaders are more deadlier than Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 2:49am On Sep 09, 2011
Just a couple of days ago, a Nigerian politician front-man picked up 5 black customized Mercedes-Benz 2012 S Guard Edition, from a Benz dealership center located somewhere in US.
FYI: Benz S Guard Edition is a luxury sedan/SUV bullet and bomb proof vehicle, specially made for the celebrities, dignitaries, and the obsessively paranoid big wigs.

Our great leaders have already started to shop and prepare themselves for the worst by modifying their life style to accommodate the newly discovered Naija way of life (Boko Haramism era). It is a wake up call to these folks that sooner or later BH will start targeting them.

Boko Haram and corrupt leaders remain the biggest enemies of this country; both should be dealt with vigorously and equally.

May God bless Nigeria and the rest of the world
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by BigB11(m): 2:58am On Sep 09, 2011
Nigeria Boko Haram's main target?

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2011/09/08/Nigeria-Boko-Harams-main-target/UPI-89651315502381/

May God rescue our lovely country from the hands of the 2 evil doer groups; Boko Haram and Corrupt Leaders.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by nasoeb: 5:13am On Sep 09, 2011
The Question is how can we Nigerians come together and hold our leaders to implement this.

Its just the perfect way out in Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by Akanbiedu(m): 6:36am On Sep 09, 2011
Death penalty for IBB
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by Builder: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2011
What we need in nigeria today is a leader like murmur Gadaffi with the laws of china, singapore and malaysia. i give nigeria a 100 days, folks will see the difference. stu.pid nation, ignorant people
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by nasoeb: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2011
i think what we need is passing memo around that we are going to go revolutionize the country and bring down/kill every leader just as Egypt did. if with 100 days this law is not implemented and replace them with Interim Government, which will implement and enforce the death penalty law, that way they will get the message and sit up or face the music.

very annoying country
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by cre8tivity(f): 7:11am On Sep 09, 2011
if u kill boko haram, corrupt leaders should also be killed. If Ogd is convicted he should ne killed. I bet u other will sit up righ away.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by nasoeb: 7:23am On Sep 09, 2011
the question is how do we get this message as pressure on them.

we should give them alternative to implementing death penalty or we over throw ALLLLLLL of them, from fec to jud
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by gists: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2011
My worry is will this see the light of the day? Going by the fact that the death penalty will apply to those that are supposed to effect the law. The two legislative houses will not pass it for obvious reasons - they are the first to be executed followed by the executive with GEJ 1st inline grin grin grin So tell me who will pass this into law when they two they'll be signing their death warrant by doing so. I'll suggest we do it in steps i.e gradually cos this will not happen overnight. First I heard on the news this morning that the election of the speaker of one of the northern house of assemblies has been overturned from PDP in favour of the ACN candidate. So let's start from their those that stole our mandate should be kicked out and executed.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by Demdem(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2011
There are a lot of sense in the posts of the poster. I doubt if the political will is there though.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by maclatunji: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2011
I have always said this. Unfortunately, most Nigerians love playing the blame-game. Picture this:

A terrorist organization targets Nigeria, it decides that Nigeria's border is porous so its agent travels to the Nigerian border from Niger Republic. The immigration officer at the border post is cursing his luck having been just transferred from Seme border post in Lagos. He hates the weather and culture in the North and does not care who crosses the border or not. The car transporting the potential terrorist reaches the border post. The immigration officer looks at the poor people from Niger Republic and does not care about them; who they are or where they come from? What is their mission in Nigeria? Heck! most of them don't have the required papers but they speak Hausa. There is an 'arrangement' between the security agencies to collect 'toll' on each vehicle and do minimal search on vehicles and persons entering to the country.

The terrorist enters the country, he can plan his evil deeds as long as he does not cause any major disturbance in the community were he stays. Perhaps, even more importantly to him he has cash to buy favours or protection.

The officers of the various security agencies know that their subordinates are mostly lazy and incompetent but it suits them just fine. They are too busy collecting bribe money than to question their superior officers on why some of their allowances are paid in installments instead of as a whole as announced by the Minister.

The senior officers have a smooth relationship with bank managers where their agencies have domiciled accounts. By putting the large sums of money at the control of top officers in Fixed Deposits accounts. Large amounts of interest can be generated for the big ogas and bank managers to share at the expense of the welfare and integrity of the men of the security outfits that have direct contact with the public every day.

For every N100 collected at a Police check point about 10,000 lives are put at risk, but who cares- it has always been like that.

Until we fix some of these ills we will continue to be at the mercy of those that have learnt to take advantage of our society's weakness. See the Yar'adua/Supreme Court Justices revelation and the current Justice Ayo Salami case and ask yourself: what has really changed? The answer is nothing!
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by JAZES(m): 9:47am On Sep 09, 2011
I totally agree with killing these thieves.
Its the only way forward for this country.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by blacksta(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2011
Unfortunately your leaders dont see corruption as an issue - Hence back to square one.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by Emmy3(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2011
How do you expect the corrupt leaders to set up death sentence for themselves. . . .
If David Mark and Jonathan should try their best and see this come to pass,
only the will Dave's Presidential Ambition come 2 reality. . .
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2011
Big B1:

I'm sure that now that bomb is sounding all around Nigeria, our leaders will be sincere and willing to make sure that no stone is left unturned to find solutions to this new development/enemy of progress. While these f00ls that called themselves leaders run around for solutions without any hesitation, we must not forget that their pure sincerity to fight terrorism in Nigeria is not to protect anyone or citizens, but themselves. They know that sooner or later they (leaders) will become the target of this terrorist cult.

I wonder what would have happened many years ago to our economic growth in Nigeria if they (Leaders) have put up this same kind of energy or aggression on fighting against terrorism to fight corruption?

Of course without any questions we denounce any kind of terrorism on our mother's land, but if you ask me, I will say corruption in Nigeria is a little bit more deadlier than Boko Haram. For over 30 years, corruption has claimed more lives in Nigeria than anything else.

Let us work hard toward stopping CORRUPTION in Nigeria.

I wish they could just change their names from BOKO haram to BOKO corruption
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by badmrkt(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2011
lets build more cementries for our corrupt leaders,because i'm about bring their reign to an abrupt end.i vex now,my blood dey hot,my vein go tear if i no react.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by kblastic(f): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2011
Both are our problem.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by hbrednic: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2011
take no life and let no blood be on your hands.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by hbrednic: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2011
dont be a blood sucking zombie nation
you killed anini
you killed oyelesi
you killed shina rambo
what have you archieved? NOTHING.
corruption should attract long prison terms.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by gists: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2011
hbrednic:

take no life and let no blood be on your hands.

Yeah right! Just that they don't mind your blood on their hands by not providing drugs in the hospital for your children. Why/how can they provide good healthcare while the money they ought to use has been looted and used for their own healthcare in Israel, Saudi etc.

hbrednic:

dont be a blood sucking zombie nation
you killed anini
you killed oyelesi
you killed shina rambo
what have you archieved? NOTHING.
corruption should attract long prison terms.

You get the death sentence in china once you are found guilty. Have they not achieved more than us. I remember in those days of Buhari/Idiagbon regime when you face the firing square for drug trafficking. That drastically reduced the number of drug pushers in this nation until maradona came and changed it to prison terms.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by claremont(m): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2011
I totally disagree with adopting the death penalty for anyone irrespective of the grievousness of the crime; it's backward, animalistic, counter-productive, and has been scientifically proven to cause more harm than good. I am fully in support of stiffer jail terms for corrupt public office holders, and I also agree that corruption is the root cause of most of the evils bedevilling our country today. If corruption is addressed holistically, all other evils will vanish into oblivion IMO.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
A more holistic approach:

(1) Institute a proper Criminal Assets Recovery Agency, with powers to seize all property, income or future earnings relating to the proceeds of crime.
Note: This agency should partner with the Revenue Service to identify and investigate all cases of undeclared earnings and/or tax evasion.
(2) Sentence all corrupt officials and fraudsters to lengthy periods of hard labour in a new purpose built prison, situated on a remote Island.
(3) Incorporate ethics as a compulsory subject in the National curriculum for all 6 - 18yr olds grin
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is by friedrice1: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2011
[size=15pt]Even if the Death Penalty for Corruption is added in the Constitution
No Nigerian Court or Judge would find any leader or political Figure GUILTY of Corruption. as our Judges are freely Bought.
Corruption index Nigerian Judiciary is steadily overtaking the Legislature and Presidency.
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of "Transformation Agenda"? / Buhari (Fulani) Has Taken The Hausas Hostage –Sule Lamido, Hausa & Gov Of Jigawa / Igbo V Yoruba, By Cheta Nwanze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.