Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

UNIBEN!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN!! (1914 Views)

Tried Registering For Uniben Post UTME But Did Not Work Out / Uniben Post Utme Form Finally Out / Admission Into Pre-degree Studies 2017/2018- UNIBEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Good evening house, I don't know how to go about this that's why I created this thread.
My youngest brother is suppose to be in 300L department of Art. He's studying something animation ( don't know if it's graphics)..
He called and said he was asked to repeat level ( which I know is a lie, except that operates in that particular school) because he couldn't pay up his fee.
He was given the school fees to pay immediately he resumed only for him to call hours to his 200L exams that he was rubbed at ATM point that's why he couldn't pay. Is it possible for school to tell him to repeat level cos of fees? He's making us feel this school's ethics are quite different. Please I need clarification. Am far away from the school and we have no one to help look into these.
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
@ Draie, sorry for bothering you. Good evening. Got your moniker from a thread of about 2 years. Anyway you can help?
Re: UNIBEN!! by kashtanyi(m): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
That's a big fat lie....you can't repeat any level because of fees,you can only be asked to leave the examination hall during exam periods if you have not paid your fees...

Maybe your brother is in some kind of academic trouble that he don't want to disclose.... But for the repeat that wan na heavy lie ooo.....

I stay close to uniben,if you need proof hala me I will get you one from his class rep or mate...
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
kashtanyi:
That's a big fat lie....you can't repeat any level because of fees,you can only be asked to leave the examination hall during exam periods if you have not paid your fees...

Maybe your brother is in some kind of academic trouble that he don't want to disclose.... But for the repeat that wan na heavy lie ooo.....

I stay close to uniben,if you need proof hala me I will get you one from his class rep or mate...
Thank you so much. I know he's taking us for a ride and I really want to get to the bottom of this. He said the information was written in front of his name on the department notice board. How absurd. How can I contact you please?
Re: UNIBEN!! by Enwhen(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
helen4:
Good evening house, I don't know how to go about this that's why I created this thread.
My youngest brother is suppose to be in 300L department of Art. He's studying something animation ( don't know if it's graphics)..
He called and said he was asked to repeat level ( which I know is a lie, except that operates in that particular school) because he couldn't pay up his fee.
He was given the school fees to pay immediately he resumed only for him to call hours to his 200L exams that he was rubbed at ATM point that's why he couldn't pay. Is it possible for school to tell him to repeat level cos of fees? He's making us feel this school's ethics are quite different. Please I need clarification. Am far away from the school and we have no one to help look into these.

If I am right , he was supposed to be in 300L , before the 200L 2nd semester exams he claimed he was robbed and now he said they asked him to repeat 200L ?

It is NOT possible to repeat a class , rather he will be ask to carry-over all the 200L courses... If there still space he may be allow to still register the 300L course , but most times for him not to have many work load , he will not be allow to register 300L courses...and it's going to affect his CGPA because all the courses will be calculated as zero .... WAY FORWARD.

Let's assume your brother is saying the truth but not in the case of repeat but carrying over all the courses in 200L...

1) Ask him if he sat for 1st and 2nd semester exams , if yes ...good , ur parent will have to go to UNIBEN and beg , he will be considered and his results will be release , but will have to pay for late registration.

2) If he was not allow to write ONLY second semester exams because he didn't pay, u people will still have to beg so that the first semester results can be release , so that he will only have to seat for all second semester courses in 200L.

3) If he was not allow to write both Semesters(200L) exams ... Hmmmm , which I doubt in 97% for UNIBEN , still u people still have to go to UNIBEN to confirm so that he can register all the courses in 200L...or to even know if he playing u people , which is common in Uniben and many schools
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
@Enwhen, thank you so much for your response. Thank you, I'll definitely verify from him.
Re: UNIBEN!! by kashtanyi(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
helen4:
Thank you so much. I know he's taking us for a ride and I really want to get to the bottom of this. He said the information was written in front of his name on the department notice board. How absurd. How can I contact you please?

2348137522163(WhatsApp only)
Re: UNIBEN!! by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
helen4:
as for the robbery issue, he may be telling the truth cos insecurities in the school last session was nothing to write home about, even the new phone I sent to my younger brother there was snatched from him and a gun placed on his head and his account debited inside the school environs.
But as for repeating a session cos he hasn't paid fees is a no no.
In Uniben you can pay your 200 level fees even in final year just that u won't see ur results.
Blame it on the useless Orumwense that increased their school fees from 13k to 45k.
One girl I Know couldn't meet up with the fees payment as things were rough with her that moment and she wasn't asked to repeat a session, the only thing is that she may not see her results
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 7:44am On Jan 31, 2020
@ Ebenezar2020 good morning sir. I understand. I didn't doubt the robbery aspect because he was badly injured. What am agitating for is the level repeat. Thanks for clarification. Please will his result be released After the payment?
Re: UNIBEN!! by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2020
helen4:
@ Ebenezar2020 good morning sir. I understand. I didn't doubt the robbery aspect because he was badly injured. What am agitating for is the level repeat. Thanks for clarification. Please will his result be released After the payment?
the result is with his course adviser and would be released immediately after payment and then registration of the courses but 10k would be added to the fees as late payment charges making it N 55,000.
As for the level repeat, u can only repeat a session in UNIBEN if you're on probation i.e if you have maximum of like 6 carryovers and accumulate more courses than the desired credit units then you'll be asked to Probate which is to repeat the level all over again which is what I'm suspecting
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ebenezar2020, thank you so much for this clarification. God bless yoi
Re: UNIBEN!! by Ebenezar2020(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
helen4:
Ebenezar2020, thank you so much for this clarification. God bless yoi
Amen. You're welcome.
Do update me as it goes
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 10:50am On Feb 01, 2020
@Ebenezar2020, good morning. He's still not telling the actual truth regarding this. He said he has probation in front of his name. I still want to know what warranted that but he's still hiding the truth.
Re: UNIBEN!! by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2020
helen4:
@Ebenezar2020, good morning. He's still not telling the actual truth regarding this. He said he has probation in front of his name. I still want to know what warranted that but he's still hiding the truth.
if u can give me his [mat number] I can retrieve the whole truth to u.
What I just need to do is to ask his course adviser, check on his course rep and extract the information from him and lastly visit the departmental notice boards where their results are being pasted and check his results and send it to u.
I believe you guys paid 60k as his acceptance fees and 69,900 as school fees during his 100 level and such expenses are way too much for him to come around with such excuses.
We also paid such amount on my younger brother who is also in 300 level too and I feel like he's not living up to our expectations despite having a 2:1 (4.0) cgpa and no Carry over.
The target we gave him was 1st class
Re: UNIBEN!! by OsamaDallon: 11:48am On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
if u can give me his [mat number] I can retrieve the whole truth to u.
What I just need to do is to ask his course adviser, check on his course rep and extract the information from him and lastly visit the departmental notice boards where their results are being pasted and check his results and send it to u.
I believe you guys paid 60k as his acceptance fees and 69,900 as school fees during his 100 level and such expenses are way too much for him to come around with such excuses.
We also paid such amount on my younger brother who is also in 300 level too and I feel like he's not living up to our expectations despite having a 2:1 (4.0) cgpa and no Carry over.
The target we gave him was 1st class
[/s]
Re: UNIBEN!! by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:59am On Feb 01, 2020
OsamaDallon:
[s][/s]
Osu restrict your trolling only to Politics section.
Can't you see I'm trying to help out this lady with her predicament?
I Know you and your fellow IPOB goons don't understand the value of education so this ordeal doesn't seem more of anything to you.
Re: UNIBEN!! by SouLPoison(m): 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
about the repeat talk, I have never heard anything like that happen because of school fees what happens is you won't see your result !
Re: UNIBEN!! by OsamaDallon: 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
Osu restrict your trolling only to Politics section.
Can't you see I'm trying to help out this lady with her predicament?
I Know you and your fellow IPOB goons don't understand the value of education so this ordeal doesn't seem more of anything to you.
[/s]
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ebenezar2020, the money we spent was almost 200k. He asked for money for materials(50k), that the lecturer wouldn't allow them in class cos of it and some other things he requested for. I really want to know. I'll find a way to get that his mat no. He's keeping us in the dark too much. My worry is my mum he kept pestering since he knows she is not enlightened as we the siblings. She's in a panic mood.
Re: UNIBEN!! by Ebenezar2O2O: 12:40am On Jul 27, 2020
helen4:
Ebenezar2020, the money we spent was almost 200k. He asked for money for materials(50k), that the lecturer wouldn't allow them in class cos of it and some other things he requested for. I really want to know. I'll find a way to get that his mat no. He's keeping us in the dark too much. My worry is my mum he kept pestering since he knows she is not enlightened as we the siblings. She's in a panic mood.
how is the situation now?
Re: UNIBEN!! by helen4(f): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=Ebenezar2O2O post=92146132] how is the situation now? [/iquote] dear brother, thanks a lot for checking up. I don't know if I updated this, he lost his school fees to thieves at the atm point, he was beaten black and blue. He didn't tell anyone of us about that and claim it's the reason his results were witheld. After pressure from me and my other siblings, he confessed that his results were not released because he had carry over in them. It created a lot of issues, right now am still angry with him though because he wants us to pay for third year despite his second year history if not for the pandemic that disrupt everything.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: My Kids Will Not Attend Public Universities In Nigeria / What My Wife Does. / What Is Happening In Madonna University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.