Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu (305 Views)

Ortom: I Will Not Destroy PDP In Benue; Why Uba, My Aides Attended Atiku’s Rally / See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To My Friend - So Shocking! (SEE PICTURES) / Fulani Again! See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To Me (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu by Spiritualism: 5:30am On Jan 30, 2020
Press Release

Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm in Enugu

The attention of Enugu Youth Coalition has once again been drawn to the fake news in one of the national dailies claiming that a community in Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu State is mourning the invasion and destruction of their rice farm valued at over N17 million.

The report is not only fake, but was manufactured to divert the attention of Ndi-Enugu from the news of the implementation of the New Minimum Wage by the state government starting from February this year.

It will be recalled that some desperate politicians and their godfathers who were not favoured to emerge as party's candidate for the coming February 29 Local Government Election in the state vowed to make the state ungovernable using every means at their disposal.

Hence, on Monday, they planted a fake news alleging the death of four Fulani Herdsmen in different parts of the state but when their lies was exposed by community leaders of the mentioned communities as well as the state police command, they went back to rehearse the fake news they sponsored last week Thursday alleging the destruction of rice farm in the state.

The question to ask is, how would there be destruction of that magnitude without the knowledge of the Police, the Igwe of that Community and it's Town Union President?

Their lies would die a natural death because in any confrontation between the truth and the falsehood, the truth must prevail.

Therefore, we urge Ndi-Enugu as well as the general public to disregard the fake news and remain law abiding in their different communities as no amount of incitement would plunge the state in to any form of crisis because Enugu State is in the Hands of God!

Signed:

Dr. Edwin Obune,
National Coordinator,
Enugu Youth Coalition

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu by xelly: 5:58am On Jan 30, 2020
So many news flying up and down. Why will a media publish unverified report? People need to be punished for their sin in this country. News Agency of Nigeria, kindly verify and punish malicious media houses without fear or favour.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu by Simplyleo: 6:12am On Jan 30, 2020
The more reason I subscribe to state police, though Amotekun in SW has dislodged that from my mind. So, the appropriate one now is: the more reason I subscribe to local security arrangement.

Because in that case, the leader of the group cannot afford to lie as he knows the consequences.

Ipob miscreants will just sit down, smoke their weeds, discuss Tinubu while smoking the weed and on completion, prepare one lie, go to social media and place it there.

Now, watch them come for the head of Dr. Edwin Obune. grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu by helinues: 6:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Same your people have been behind fake news in Nigeria..

So make Una deal with it
Re: Herdsmen Did Not Destroy N17 Million Rice Farm In Enugu by Gabkosh: 6:20am On Jan 30, 2020
That is how they will be denying and protecting the killers herdsmen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s The Safest Country To Live In The World / Just In: How Obasanjo’s House Caught Fire / My Regime Working To Prosper Nigerians – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.