Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It (3535 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!! / My Tecno Camon X Got Stolen, How Can I Track It Please!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by christm386: 6:28am On Jan 30, 2020
Hey guys, sorry to disturb u, I just received a call from a random number, I mean it was too early but I decided to answer the call, tho and behold z my Junior bro, he's still in school, he sounded depressed and was asking if I had a clue on how to track stolen phones, they took his this morning while he was reading, am really pained cus the other day he was telling me how broke he was, abeg does anyone know how I can track the phone, the pack of the phone z still intact, even the imei number, help me guys

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by MidaserveNG: 6:42am On Jan 30, 2020
If it's Android, very likely he has a Gmail account attached to the phone or Android Manager installed.

If yes to any of the above, visit http://find.google.com and sign-in with the account details or type Android Manager on http://google.ca/search?q=android+manager and sign-in with his account details for a Google map of phone location history via Google Maps

Then use the online service to either lock, call or find the phone's last location.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 30, 2020
christm386:
Hey guys, sorry to disturb u, I just received a call from a random number, I mean it was too early but I decided to answer the call, tho and behold z my Junior bro, he's still in school, he sounded depressed and was asking if I had a clue on how to track stolen phones, they took his this morning while he was reading, am really pained cus the other day he was telling me how broke he was, abeg does anyone know how I can track the phone, the pack of the phone z still intact, even the imei number, help me guys
go to police station with your pack,about 10-15 in my state dont knw about urs.
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by MidaserveNG: 6:48am On Jan 30, 2020
By the way, have a positive attitude towards the task as you'd very likely get discouraged at some point.

Security of lives & properties is now a priority today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by christm386: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2020
25tolife:
go to police station with your pack,about 10-15 in my state dont knw about urs.
Thanks
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by christm386: 7:23am On Jan 30, 2020
MidaserveNG:
If it's Android, very likely he has a Gmail account attached to the phone or Android Manager installed.

If yes to any of the above, visit http://find.google.com and sign-in with the account details or type Android Manager on http://google.ca/search?q=android+manager and sign-in with his account details for a Google map of phone location history via Google Maps

Then use the online service to either lock, call or find the phone's last location.
Thanks I will try that now
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by Donkelzy(m): 7:33am On Jan 30, 2020
christm386:

Thanks I will try that now
The thieves would have turned the phone off by now so you won't be able to locate it with 'Google Find My device'. Just tell your brother to go to police station with the phone pack containing the receipt of the phone and pay the money the police are likely to ask from him. When the phone is found the thieves/thief will pay the money you spent.

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by laivwire(m): 8:23am On Jan 30, 2020
Even in Western countries, find my device isn't fully effective. You can get an approximate radius but you can't specifically zero in on the phone to about 2m or something.

A lost phone is a lost phone except the theif is stupid enough to continue using the line. Best bet is to lock the phone to secure your information and that's about it.

Heck, people are already trying to unlock iCloud locked iPhones today. My tactic is simple, small phone + big phone. Big phone always secure. Small phone moves everywhere. That's all

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by ArticleBeast: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2020
laivwire:
Even in Western countries, find my device isn't fully effective. You can get an approximate radius but you can't specifically zero in on the phone to about 2m or something.

A lost phone is a lost phone except the theif is stupid enough to continue using the line. Best bet is to lock the phone to secure your information and that's about it.

Heck, people are already trying to unlock iCloud locked iPhones today. My tactic is simple, small phone + big phone. Big phone always secure. Small phone moves everywhere. That's all
Trying to unlock or already unlocking... Once a phone is lost, it is gone.
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by Slawormir: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

To be sincere it is gonna be difficult
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by falcon01: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
It depends, if it's a Tecno, Itel infinix or any other chinese device chances of getting it back is 35%. If its a samsung or an Iphone its a 50 50.
Now back to the security operatives you mihht get unlcuky some might collect your money and wont track it. Some might Track it and won't give it back!, they'll just tell you that the phone is off the grid and can't be traced. Advisibly, look for a police officer you know and trust to help you with it because if the phone is not found theres a refund officialy even if its found the criminal will pay for everything and a refund will also be made or you could count your losses and move on.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by bravesoul247(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
christm386:
just visit the police station.
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by PlsBanMe: 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
Police is your best bet. Go to police station and tell them to help you track the phone. Police don't come cheap. They will ask for money so your brother has to tell them that that phone was stolen with 63k that he intended to use pay some fees.

They will need the phone imei. After tracking the guy who stole it, the thief will pay 63k to your brother as well as release the phone. Now say your brother has spent 20k to track it, he will still make 43k for inconveniences suffered. It is time to destroy the lives of these thieves completely. Now, don't tell anyone that you have gone to the police till you find it. The person who purchased stolen phones if it has been sold is about to cry like a baby cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by TCRC: 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
Take The carton and receipt to police station
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by just2endowed: 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
TCRC:
Take The carton and receipt to police station

My friend was stolen in transit from porthacort to imo state.... And it's with the carton, a new phone. But I have the IMEI on my receipt. Do I have a chance in getting the thief? He's now in Lagos. Happen 2 to 3 months ago.
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by KennedyOkpara(m): 2:26am On Jan 31, 2020
I am in so much pain right now. My 5 months old Samsung A50 got stolen. It's so painful ruining my Christmas for me. Please my fellow Nairalanders I need your help in finding my phone.
Please if you have relative or friend that can help me. Contact me
https:///23408125865992
I need help in tracking the phone(for free).
Thanks in advance...
Mods please shift to front page.

Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by odinga1of: 3:41am On Jan 31, 2020
KennedyOkpara:
I am in so much pain right now. My 5 months old Samsung A50 got stolen. It's so painful ruining my Christmas for me. Please my fellow Nairalanders I need your help in finding my phone.
Thanks in advance...

Are you in Warri and u came to a PrinyiPr Press at Effurun yesterday?
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by TCRC: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2020
just2endowed:

My friend was stolen in transit from porthacort to imo state.... And it's with the carton, a new phone. But I have the IMEI on my receipt. Do I have a chance in getting the thief? He's now in Lagos. Happen 2 to 3 months ago.
I Spent 10k to Get back my lost phone... Police helped me... With Just the phone carton alone... You are even Good to Go or login to find my device with Google account
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by pointstores(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nawa
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by just2endowed: 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
TCRC:
I Spent 10k to Get back my lost phone... Police helped me... With Just the phone carton alone... You are even Good to Go or login to find my device with Google account

The complete phone and carton was stolen
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by KennedyOkpara(m): 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
odinga1of:

Are you in Warri and u came to a PrinyiPr Press at Effurun yesterday?
no am not. I stay in Lagos. Can you help me out.
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by kingxsamz(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
KennedyOkpara:
Thanks in advance...

How did it get stolen?
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by KennedyOkpara(m): 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
kingxsamz:

How did it get stolen?
On a Thursday morning a stranger that I don't know from any where started accusing me that I am a cultist. He said "the cloth wey I dey fly na their uniform". I wanted to run he said if I move he would shoot me, he then showed me injury in his legs saying I should obey everything he says that his boy want to kill me and he junior brother was killed. He then told me to start deleting the pictures with that cloth I was wearing and forcefully dragged my phone from me.
I told to give me my phone he said he would trow my phone in the gutter and I can't do anything, that I should obey him. He said I should go and buy something for him which I did, I came by and could not find him again. I was deceived.
Re: My Brothers Phone Just Got Stolen, How Can I Track It by kingxsamz(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
KennedyOkpara:
On a Thursday morning a stranger that I don't know from any where started accusing me that I am a cultist. He said "the cloth wey I dey fly na their uniform". I wanted to run he said if I move he would shoot me, he then showed me injury in his legs saying I should obey everything he says that his boy want to kill me and he junior brother was killed. He then told me to start deleting the pictures with that cloth I was wearing and forcefully dragged my phone from me.
I told to give me my phone he said he would trow my phone in the gutter and I can't do anything, that I should obey him. He said I should go and buy something for him which I did, I came by and could not find him again. I was deceived.

Lol, this old method.
Instilling fear in their victims.
Once they've succeeded in scaring you, they can make you do anything.
Same happened to me some years ago, but I was able to collect my phone back, that was after I received some beatings... I had to pursue the guy to his den where his fellow thugs lived. I was lucky that day o as all this happened at 10pm.

The best thing to do in such case is to keep walking, don't answer them, don't stop to listen, don't succumb to their threats, just keep walking like you never knew anyone was talking to you.
They won't do anything.
Also, don't walk in lonely paths at night.
Worked for me ever since the story I narrated above happened.

I'm sorry, that phone might never be recovered.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered What These Letters; G, E, 2g,3g, H And 4g Mean? / Meet The Nigerian A World Renowned Tech Guru, Who Co-designed Iphone & Ipad's XL / Newly Arrived Blackberry Bold 2 And Torch 9800 From America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.