Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was (914 Views)

How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / "I Still Love My Scammer" - White Lady Scammed By Ekpoma Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 30, 2020
This is a short description of how I got scammed on instagram and my advice to people.

Here’s how the scammed got me...

I got home late last night when my neighbor told me she found something online and she would like me to take a look.

So she was chatting with her university school friend on instagram (whose account was hacked, unknown to her).

During their chat the supposed class mate shared screenshots (which was already on his posts & story) of how he got paid through binary options investment. There he invested 50k and got 200k.

My neighbor was totally convinced that it was legit. Cos she knows the guy well. So she borrowed up to 150k to invest but lucky for her she wasn’t able to transfer.

So she met me and I was like i will only do 50k for her. She got chatting again with the guy and one thing lead to another, we transferred the money.

When we didn’t hear anything for a while. I was like call this your classmate you’ve been chatting with. When he was called, he was liked his account has being hacked for a while and he’s trying to get it back.

I have attached screenshots of the Instagram chat. The purpose of this post is just to prevent others from falling victim. Don’t come for me.

My suggestions:
If you’re account has being hacked try yours best to inform as many people as possible and tell your friends to report the account to instagram. So many people get scammed through this method.

Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 30, 2020
This was the account number we paid into

UBA
Aimienhinor Adela Osagbevbohue

More screenshots

Am making it a duty to report all Binary Option trade account I come across on instagram.

Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by overdrive(m): 7:57am On Jan 30, 2020
1 hours should have been a red flag.
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Davash222(m): 8:00am On Jan 30, 2020
So, someone told you to invest 50k that you'll get 200k in one hour and you sheepishly believe this This is the height of foolishness coupled with stupidity inline with iberibe!!!

The University School friend scammed you. No one hacked his account.

If you can send 15k to me, before 45 minutes, you'll get your 50k back. Ask me how
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Jabioro: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2020
You have the received account number..the rest is easier.. contact EFCC..all his account will be flag off through his BVN..Go to EFCC tweeter inbox or page..you will get your official response in time.. But you too Bleep up.. greediness dey your body!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by GreatDesigns: 8:12am On Jan 30, 2020
It's not everyone that will reveal their mistakes to the world in order to save others from making the same mistakes in the future.

So you did great.

I have got some questions though. Since the guy is in the same department as bae, why wasn't she able to tell that the account names were different?

Or were they into the whole scam together and just used you to get richer? One can never really tell these days.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Skyfornia(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Thank you
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2020
To be sincere na greed dey kill we human being's..... You expect 150k profit under 1hour!!! Ahba!! Wetin MMM and forex do men ehh...chai when una mumu go do..anyway never let the same flame burn you twice .adiós

Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Officialgarri: 8:18am On Jan 30, 2020
This was the money doubler Chinua Achebe was talking about in "chike and the river". grin
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2020
Well op I get sure 4 odds..just put 30k and recover your loss

Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by brodalikeme(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2020
Kpele sha. To carry out any deals with anybody, I must meet the person either face to face, talk with the person. Almost 99% of my transactions with news people is from trusted referrals.

K-on-Guard!!!
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by obiekunie2: 8:53am On Jan 30, 2020
nobody hacked his account - its the same owner of the account that scammed you using his partners in crime account.

if you know you.

but bros! how can somebody tell you he will pay you almost 150% on your 50k investment within 1 hour and you just believed the person without asking him why he is not yet richer than dangote! cheesy grin

anyways thanks for sharing - lets hope greedy go..ts like you will listen to your warning! cheesy grin
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by bmdmixer: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2020
u telling us bout this scam lol

u looking for a studio to record ur songs? wanna upload ur tracks here www.soundlala.com, house ten LAGOS got u covered dial 090 7525 2828
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by AgentNairaland(f): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2020
You People Never Learn Since

M- Mugun

M- Mowo

M- Miwa

Scammed You Guys
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2020
I don't fall for this kind of crap. OP I'm glad you guys have learned. Be glad you guys didn't 'invest' more
Re: Don’t Get Scammed By This Method Like I Was by Professorcplus(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
@op you mumu small o. Sorry no offence. But Incase you are truly scammed and not trying to trend, below is a legit way to get your money back. Thank me later smiley

dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Rejects Bribe, Warns Driver Never To Try It AGAIN (video) / Two Teen Being Rape To Join Anambra Cult Group (video) / "The Hustle Is Real" — Female Beggar Disappears After Being Told To Bring Prove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.