Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME (19728 Views)

Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director / GT Bank Appoints Miriam Olusanya As First Female Managing Director / Youtube Appoints Nigerian Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by ssa22(m): 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
When you have the right set up, you can achieve anything.
All those people that studied in the US always end up coming to Africa to set up something that becomes a hit back to back. Why? Because they have the right set up. If at this point you're still thinking of educating your child in Nigeria, I pity you.

I swear the state of education in Africa is just at a state of emergency

1 Like

Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by na2016: 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
Maxcollins042:
Wow. What strikes me most about him is that he amassed these achievements despite his rank in the family. Most last borns that I know of show a lackadaisical and indifferent attitude towards life. Hanging onto the baby-of-the-house mentality, they go on to become the runt of the litter amongst their siblings in all aspect and a liability. This young man has proven to be different. Congratulations!

Your assertion isn't correct.
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by able20(m): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Okosi na Onitsha boy. Congratulations brother
Nigeria blood.
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by Thazard(m): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
Gerrard59:

Except on scholarship, if not, then his family is very rich. That's another version of Eton College.

Congratulations to him! Well deserved.
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
southeast gat brilliant people

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by vivalavida(m): 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
Maxcollins042:
Wow. What strikes me most about him is that he amassed these achievements despite his rank in the family. Most last borns that I know of show a lackadaisical and indifferent attitude towards life. Hanging onto the baby-of-the-house mentality, they go on to become the runt of the litter amongst their siblings in all aspect and a liability. This young man has proven to be different. Congratulations!

TRUE.
But my last brother and baby of the house is punching above his weight mehn.

Seeing the boy and how he is going high delights me
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by obiem(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
Anambralstson:
Early life
Okosi was born in Enugu, Nigeria, the youngest of seven children (2 sisters and 4 brothers). The family was originally from Onitsha. His father was a civil servant who modeled persistence and a strong work ethic for him - character traits that continue to serve him professionally.

Education
Phillips Exeter Academy
Growing up in the United States, Okosi attended various schools in Florida, Nebraska, Missouri, and New York before attending Philips Exeter Academy in Exeter, New Hampshire.
St. Michael's College
Okosi attended St. Michael’s College, a private, residential liberal arts Catholic college located in Colchester, Vermont. He was awarded a scholarship to play Division II basketball for the Purple Knights and was co-captain his senior year. He graduated magna cum laude in 1998 with a double major in Business Administration and Economics.
UCLA
Okosi was an MBA candidate at UCLA before taking a leave of absence to develop MTV base in 2003.

Onitsha Ado n'idu!
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by tityboi: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
Oh
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by olusun43(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
Congratulations to him!!!
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by wman(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

The mods have been busy hiding tribalistic comments.

Very good.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by AmazingELixir: 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
Diswan nobi Nigerian again cheesy
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by HallaDaTruth: 12:15am On Jan 31, 2020
This are the kind of young brilliant minds we want to be president of Nigeria
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by Judybash93(m): 1:45am On Jan 31, 2020
Great one top man..
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by 0neal(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2020
Huge!
Congrats Alex
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by Raalsalghul: 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
When you have the right set up, you can achieve anything.
All those people that studied in the US always end up coming to Africa to set up something that becomes a hit back to back. Why? Because they have the right set up. If at this point you're still thinking of educating your child in Nigeria, I pity you.

What you've said is the brutal truth, something about their education that makes them outstanding.

It's the same reason I've sworn not to go for an M.Sc in Nigeria. sad
Re: Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME by Raalsalghul: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Gerrard59:

Very correct. Check the tech industry and one will find Nigerians with US degrees dominating the executive/senior positions or check MNCs and one will find folks with advanced degrees from the US or UK. And these people have a second citizenship oh. In the next decade or two, children of those who fled to Canada will come back and become Country Directors of MNCs in Nigeria meanwhile those who remained will have their children battling SHL and Dragnet to get a foot in. grin

Inside life!

Them no know. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets / What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? / CBN Directs Banks To Accept Deposits Beyond Cashless Policy Limit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.