Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) (43147 Views)

Melania Trump Unveils Christmas Decorations At The White House (photos) / Coronavirus: Trump Unveils Plan To Reopen States In Phases / 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by internationalman(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
Obiagu01:

Do you know the meaning of one being the president of America,the most powerful country in the world?.you don't know what international politics is all about yet you call yourself international man.change that name my friend before I meet you there.

Relax I was just trying to be funny

1 Like

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Zooposki(f): 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:

Luke 22:20
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

1 Cor 11: 35

New King James Version
In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me

2 Cor 3: 6
New King James Version
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Lord Jesus Christ said during His final weeks of earthly ministry: “Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof” ( Matthew 21: 43

Galatians 6:12-16 New International Version (NIV)
Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.

the new Isreal is the Isreal of God ( all true Christians on Earth) God is no longer interested in any single nation on earth

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
This is a plan between netanyahu and trump just to score cheap political points. One has been indicted for corruption, the other impeached. Useless Apartheid deal, anyways Trump is consistently stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Tareq1105: 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
aremuforlife:
This man is just too ego, how can you make peace accord for 2 countries without the input of the other parties.
Everything in that peace accord will only suit Israel and not Palestine.

Ok, what has the Palestinians gained (mention one thing) since they have been fighting Isreal?

1 Like

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nfora: 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
aremuforlife:
This man is just too ego, how can you make peace accord for 2 countries without the input of the other parties.

Great comment.

Only hypocrites will commend a peace deal from an unrepentant biased arbiter.

The Israeli-Palestinian issue had long been resolved by the UN.

Israel and USA are the non conformists to UN resolutions.

Shamelessly the UN is not doing anything about non compliance to its resolutions!
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Tareq1105: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:
This is a plan between netanyahu and trump just to score cheap political points. One has been indicted for corruption, the other impeached. Useless Apartheid deal, anyways Trump is consistently stupid.

The same way Buhari has consistently adamant over the call for removal of service chiefs and herdsmen.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Zooposki:

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
stop trying to twist the scripture by cherry picking a few verse from a chapter.

1. the woman in question was not an Israelite.
2. Jesus was sent to only the children of Isreal. that is why he preached only in Isreal.
3. it was clear that Jesus focus was only on Isrea. so when the Phoenician woman want him to heal her daughter, he reminded her that he was only sent to Isreal.

4. Isreal rejected Christ that was why towards the end of his time on earth, he made this statement:
“Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof” ( Matthew 21: 43

5.after Jesus resurrection, the focus was now on bringing people of all nations to God. that was why he made this statement before going back to heaven:

Acts 1:8,9 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
Why would the UN intervene? America is currently a country the international community does not take serious. The apartheid deal will be jettisoned once America elects an adult president. Trump is a joke.

Nfora:

Great comment.

Shamelessly the UN is not doing anything about non compliance to its resolutions!

1 Like

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
Nfora:

Great comment.

it was actually Palestine that rejected UN two state resolution because they were in position of strength. now they are begging for same thing which Isreal accepted but they rejected
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:
Why would the UN intervene? America is currently a country the international community does not take serious. The apartheid deal will be jettisoned once America elects an adult president. Trump is a joke.

all American president always veto UN resolution condemning Isreal. even Obama voted against Palestine many times, taking side with Isreal
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Zooposki(f): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:
stop trying to twist the scripture by cherry picking a few verse from a chapter.

1. the woman in question was not an Israelite.
2. Jesus was sent to only the children of Isreal. that is why he preached only in Isreal.
3. it was clear that Jesus focus was only on Isrea. so when the Phoenician woman want him to heal her daughter, he reminded her that he was only sent to Isreal.

4. Isreal rejected Christ that was why towards the end of his time on earth, he made this statement:
“Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof” ( Matthew 21: 43

5.after Jesus resurrection, the focus was now on bringing people of all nations to God. that was why he made this statement before going back to heaven:

Acts 1:8,9 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Deuteronomy 28:64

"Moreover, the LORD will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth; and there you shall serve other gods, wood and stone, which you or your fathers have not known.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:
all American president always veto UN resolution condemning Isreal. even Obama voted against Palestine many times, taking side with Isreal
No American president has ever negotiated a Palestinian peace deal without involving Palestinians. Trump is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Zooposki:

Deuteronomy 28:64

"Moreover, the LORD will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth; and there you shall serve other gods, wood and stone, which you or your fathers have not known.
already fulfilled ! many times.
you should read from verse 1
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:
it was actually Palestine that rejected UN two state resolution because they were in position of strength. now they are begging for same thing which Isreal accepted but they rejected
What time have the Palestinians ever been in a position of strength? What does that even mean in this context?
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:

No American president has ever negotiated a Palestinian peace deal without involving Palestinians. Trump is a joke.
all American president always side with Isreal. Palestinians rejected the chance to be part of negotiation in protest of Trump decision to move American embassy to Jerusalem
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:

What time have the Palestinians ever been in a position of strength? What does that even mean in this context?
before the 1948 Arab/ Israeli war. I am pointing out that they were the ones that rejected UN resolution for a two state solution. they are now begging for what was rejected
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:
all American president always side with Isreal. Palestinians rejected the chance to be part of negotiation in protest of Trump decision to move American embassy to Jerusalem
Dayumm.. I am loosing patience with you!!! My point is not that American presidents do not side with Israel. My point is that all American presidents asides Trump have always sided Israel but pretend to be neutral by involving Palestinians in the negotiations, that is why this deal is a joke.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by frog12: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
it's called a bribe
\

Triniti:
This is a very good deal for the Palestinians. They are better off starting a new country of their own with the initial $50bn investment plans, but the terrorist organization hamas will think otherwise. They won’t see the bigger picture of what this deal will do to alleviate the long suffering of the Palestinian people. If they miss this opportunity, they will never have it again, as Israel will never abide with their initial demands.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Dayumm.. I am loosing patience with you!!! My point is not that American presidents do not side with Israel. My point is that all American presidents asides Trump have always sided Israel but pretend to be neutral by involving Palestinians in the negotiations, that is why this deal is a joke.
not when Palestinians rejected the chance to get involved in negotiations.

who is more better? the one that pretend or the one who is real?
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by GoodGovernance: 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

Dividing Jerusalem is not According to GOD'S Plan...

GOD specifically speaks against it.

The Whole of that Land Belongs to Isreal
Read your Bible
Genesis 13:1-15 ,2Chronicles 20

No part of Israel belongs to any other ..

Very disgusting comment.

It is quite ridiculous that many ignoramus people take the Israeli-Palestine issue as a religious matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:
before the 1948 Arab/ Israeli war. I am pointing out that they were the ones that rejected UN resolution for a two state solution. they are now begging for what was rejected
Palestinians were never in a position of strength, Israel was forced down their throat by the "UN" aka Britain and America. Also, the Palestinians are not begging for a two state solution. The Palestinian issue is more complicated than a one state or two state solution.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:
not when Palestinians rejected the chance to get involved in negotiations.

who is more better? the one that pretend or the one who is real?
Why would they listen to Trump? The same trump that moved the capital of isreal to Jerusalem? Or the same trump that cut American aid to Palestine? Trump hates the Palestinians and he is not hiding it. This is not a peace plan, it is a declaration of war.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by GoodGovernance: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lostz:

Before you mislead people with your falsehood,people should read and know that the so called trump plan negates the UN two state solution :

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/jerusalem-red-line-for-muslims/un-committed-to-two-state-solution-on-pre-1967-lines/1717342

WASHINGTON

''UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres steadfastly maintained the international consensus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict Tuesday after U.S. President Donald Trump rolled out his highly controversial plan.

"The position of the United Nations on the two-state solution has been defined, throughout the years, by relevant Security Council and General Assembly resolutions by which the Secretariat is bound," Guterres spokesman Stephane Dujarric said in a statement.

"The United Nations remains committed to supporting Palestinians and Israelis to resolve the conflict on the basis of United Nations resolutions, international law and bilateral agreements and realizing the vision of two States – Israel and Palestine – living side by side in peace and security within recognized borders, on the basis of the pre-1967 lines," he added.

The comments are at odds with Trump's plan, which overwhelmingly eschews the international consensus on the conflict, denying Palestinian refugees their right of return and greatly shrinking their borders within the West Bank while legitimizing Israeli settlements that are illegal under international law.

The plan grants Israel nearly all of its demands while foregoing many key aspects sought by the Palestinians.

Among those, Jerusalem will remain Israel's "undivided capital," Trump said while rolling out the plan.

Thousands rallied in Gaza, the West Bank and Jordan against Trump's proposal, chanting against the U.S. plan, which has been widely rejected by the Palestinians.

Trump said his proposal also requires the "firm rejection of terrorism" from Palestinians and includes the recognition of a "contiguous" Palestinian state that would "double the Palestinian territory" over time once certain conditions are met. Israel would be granted sovereignty over the whole of the Jordan Valley in the eastern swath of the occupied West Bank.

Trump released via Twitter a copy of his "conceptual map" for a two-state solution that included a greatly reduced Palestinian territory in the West Bank, which also included 15 "Israeli Enclave Communities" linked by Israeli access roads that cut through the envisioned Palestinian territory. That would recognize Israeli sovereignty over existing settlements, which are illegal under international law.

[/b]It further links the West Bank and the Gaza Strip by tunnel, but Gaza is not permitted port access. That is only allowed at the Israeli ports of Ashdod and Haifa.

It does apportion two bubble-like areas of the arid Negev desert to the future state of Palestine, linked to the Gaza Strip with small territorial corridors, after Trump said his plan would double the amount of territory claimed by Palestinians.''

Are we suppose to be following UN or USA plan?

[b]Let people of conscience stop reasoning along myopic and dogmatically religious lines
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Palestinians were never in a position of strength, Israel was forced down their throat by the "UN" aka Britain and America. Also, the Palestinians are not begging for a two state solution. The Palestinian issue is more complicated than a one state or two state solution.
the land given to Isreal was their ancestral home being occupied by the British.

Palestine should have forced the British out if it was their land.

I read Hamas( the organization in charge of Palestine) statement after the deal was released. they are begging for same UN resolution they rejected.

the land in question was Isreal ancestral home renamed from Iudaea (Judea) to Syria Palaestina by the Romans
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
GoodGovernance:

Before you mislead people with your falsehood,people should read and know that the so called trump plan negates the UN two state solution :

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/jerusalem-red-line-for-muslims/un-committed-to-two-state-solution-on-pre-1967-lines/1717342
I was actually talking about the 1947 UN resolution that was rejected by Palestine. was there a Trump in 1947?
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Ikechukwuezeh94: 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Trump Peace deal of the Century was a very good deal though I do not accept the part of the plan that cedes Any part of JERUSALEM to Palestine in any Guise..

JERUSALEM is Solely GOD ALMIGHTY House in Israel....

All these unnecessary contentions attracts GOD'S wrath..

If you notice, After the plan was Released , an Earth struck the Carribean and it was felt in President Trump Home place in Mago , Florida..

President Donald Trump has been Isreal best friend in Modern times, but ceding some part of Jerusalem to Palestine is not GOD'S Plan..

JERUSALEM is GOD'S Eternal city..

Having Said that, Everyone should live Prepared.. The Third temple will be built in that part ceded to Palestine.. The Rapture will happen before it is built..

Remember the Bible says , when they say peace, Sudden Destruction comes..

I hear the pope ( The false prophet of Revelation 13)is Having a Global peace pact with all leaders of Nation May 17, 2020....

The Truth of the Matter is that there will be no peace without The PRINCE of PEACE ( JESUS CHRIST). The Earth Today is Going Speedily against GOD . Looking for Peace is a Joke Nd mere words.

Peace will come but it will be After the Rapture and the Great Tribulation. All the saints who made Rapture and those who were able to make it out in Great Tribulation will Be Returning to Earth with JESUS CHRIST for the Millienium Reign. That's when this Earth will see Peace

Live Ready Folks..
Accept JESUS CHRIST And pray to be Made Worthy to Escape the Destruction coming on the Earth..

oh please shut the Bleep up.

1 Like

Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Why would they listen to Trump? The same trump that moved the capital of isreal to Jerusalem? Or the same trump that cut American aid to Palestine? Trump hates the Palestinians and he is not hiding it. This is not a peace plan, it is a declaration of war.

it was actually Clinton that signed the bill to move the embassy to Jerusalem.

In 1995, Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act, which declared that "Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel." [26] The bill also stated that the American embassy should move to Jerusalem within five years. [25] Backing the legislation was viewed by some as reflecting American domestic politics. Clinton opposed the Jerusalem Embassy Act and signed a waiver every six months delaying the move. [25]

Clinton recognized Jerusalem as Isreal capital but signed a waiver every 6 months to prevent moving the embassy. all Trump did was allowed the waiver to expire.

cutting aid was because :
Palestinian officials said the announcement disqualifies the United States from peace talks, while Hamas called for a new intifada following Trump's declarations.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by linusbnn(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
aremuforlife:

Have you read the plan?.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by linusbnn(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Trump is a deluded fool, how can you take what is A’s and give it to B and expect peace. Trump should stop playing to the gallery in an attempt to gain cheap political point.

Pray and fast very well to attain quarter of Trump's achievement.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by GoodGovernance: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
linusbnn:

Have you read the plan?.

Which mischievous plan?

Should we ignore UN plan for Trump's plan??

The only way forward is for both parties to adopt the UN plan.

The USA should get out of this meddlesome interloper role. There is an existing UN resolution and plan that is yet to be enforced,majorly because of US and Israel resistance.

Yet the same USA is coming up and always coming up with ''peace'' plan.

I wonder why sometimes,people decide to reason with their anus.
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by aremuforlife(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
[/quote][quote author=linusbnn post=86244310]

Have you read the plan?.
I read It,
Maybe you can explain it better to me
Re: Trump Unveils His Middle East Plan Amid Palestinian Rejections (Photos) by DexterousOne(m): 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
Trump is just an idiot undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe / New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / South Africans Plant Trees Inside Potholes (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.