Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why You Are Still A Tenant! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why You Are Still A Tenant! (551 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Are Still A Tenant! by ceemoni12: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
WHY YOU ARE STILL A TENANT!
I'm aware majority of you reading this, myself included, are still
tenants. Needed to get that out of the way so that you can put away all biases and objectively digest this piece.
So while majority of us are still tenants, only a handful have taken practical actions to becoming a landlord. And this is where the problem lies. From my countless encounters over the past one year discussing with people over this matter, not taking any practical action is the number one reason why many people die as tenants.
You see, there is a big difference between an undergraduate student and an awaiting result student. Just as there is a big difference between a pregnant wife and a wife. For the students, one is already in the university while the other is yet to gain admission. And for the wives, one is awaiting delivery while the other hasn't even conceived.
-Actions changes status-
My point here is very simple, people who take practical actions
towards an objective are far more different and better than those who haven't at all. The very simple act of taking a practical action towards achieving any objective instantly changes your status as well as your title. And guess what? Your prayer point changes too!
The pregnant wife will be praying for safe delivery. While the other wife will be praying for conception. The undergraduate will be praying to pass first/second semester, while the other student is praying to pass waec/jamb/post-UME.
We may all still be tenants, but we are not all the same. Within us are a handful of work-in-progress landlords. Those few who have taken practical actions towards becoming landlords.
A work-in-progress landlord is far better than a complacent tenant. A work-in-progress landlord is someone who has began their journey to own their own house. They fall within any of the following categories;
-Paying for a land, awaiting completion.
-Bought a land and planning to build.
-Bought a land and already building.
-Finished building and planning to move in.
As you would agree, the realities, objectives as well as prayer
points of anyone within any of the 4 categories above are completely different and better than those who haven't begun their landlord journey.
-Life is in stages and phases-
Here is the bitter truth, all things in life come in stages and
phases. Dreams are achieved in bits and pieces. Nothing ever
happens all at once. So if you are one of those people who believes a house is something you will build at once when you have the money to, then i pity you!
Waiting to have all the money to build is why so many people die as tenants. The whole money to build in most cases rarely ever happens. And before you know it, your life is far spent...still waiting for that big break to happen.
So here is my simple challenge to you today, how about we tried another approach. Something completely different and practical as opposed to just waiting and praying. How about you start with what you have now, right where you are?
How about just taking that leap of faith and subscribe to a flexible payment land ownership scheme like Land 48™? How about committing to it for 48 weeks while still living your normal life? How about changing your status and title from a tenant to a work-in-progress landlord?
Refusal to try out this approach is the very reason why a lot of
Nigerians are still tenants and might probably die as tenants. Your continuous postponement of taking this practical action to becoming a landlord is why you may never become one. Actions changes status!
WHAT WILL IT BE?
-Still a tenant @ 40, 50 or 60?
The choice is yours...just wanted to share this with you.
Whatsapp me: 08028518313 or send me a DM for more about Land 48™
https://www.ogalandlord.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Free Home Evaluation Real Estate / Professional Tiles, Marble And Interlocks Installation / Dry Land With C Of O For Sale Near Dangote Refinery Ibeju-lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.