Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,406 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different (2343 Views)

TECNO Camon 12 Air Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Here's The TECNO Camon 12 AIR / Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Uchechiokpara39: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
Choosing budget phones can be hectic. Considering how close their price points usually are, most people tend to bundle them as the same. But you might be shocked to find how different they actually are if you paid attention to the really fine details.

In this article, we pit the Infinix S5 against the TECNO Camon 12 Air. The two phones are similar in so many ways. Even for the differences, there is a really small margin but considering they are from two totally different brands, there will always be that one which sets itself apart.

So, here’s a list of specifications comparing the two devices with the differences highlighted in bold:

Infinix S5 TECNO Camon 12 Air
Display 6.6" 720p 6.55" 720p
Software Android 9 Android 9
Network 4G 4G
Processor MediaTek MediaTek
Helio P22 Helio P22
RAM 3GB 4GB
Internal Storage 64GB 32GB
Main Camera Quad 16MP Triple:16MP+
+2MP+2MP+5MP 2MP+5MP
Selfie Camera 32GB 16GB
Battery 4000mAh 4000mAh

When it comes to design, you will still be lost as you were before. The two phones look pretty much identical with both of them using the same chassis and just about the same size. If not for the branding, one would confuse them when presented.

The display for Infinix S5 is slightly bigger than Camon 12 Air’s even though it would take an actual expert to tell them apart. When it comes to resolution, both of them give out the same 720p, which sucks but for the price points, you would understand why. It’s not as disappointing though as they are pretty bright equally with pixelation being just about average.

The difference may be seen however in performance all given by the difference in memory. The processors are pretty much the same although the difference comes to software. On top of Android 9, they use their exclusive skins, TECNO using HiOS and Infinix S5 coming in with XOS. One may argue that TECNO is better even though it is still up for debate.

The cameras are pretty much what everyone always looks for and when it comes to the main not much can be told. With Infinix S5 having just one additional sensor for low light, everything else is pretty much the same when it comes to image quality which is pretty much basic but usable for both.

However, it is fair to give it to Infinix S5 for the 64MP selfie camera compared to the 32GB camera from TECNO Camon 12 Air. Of course, you will see the difference in images shot on both. TECNO’s may be bright and colourful but if you want fine detail in your selfies, the S5 would be ideal.

If you are one to store huge files on your phone, Infinix S5 still dominates with 64GB that is double what Camon 12 Air brings. This might be a huge blow for any TECNO fans that expected to win in so many ways.

Verdict
The battle between these phones is quite phones. With all these similarities, one would wonder why they even belong to two different brands. But you have to choose in the end, so which one do you go for? Infinix S5 impresses when it comes to hardware; good storage, good selfie camera, extra sensor. TECNO Camon 12 Air, on the other hand, impresses when it comes to software and performance. With better RAM and HiOS, you do not get a hard time operating apps on a daily basis.

https://gadgets-africa.com/2020/01/29/infinix-s5-vs-tecno-camon-12-air-so-similar-yet-so-different/

Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
I'll always choose the Camon 12 Air because it's quite affordable.
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Mohbola(f): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2020
Camon 12 Air......
Its cheaper.
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Chubbyface: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
I've seen lots of comparison between the two phones. I think I still prefer the camon12 air
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Bestchild: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
They're almost the same thing but I'm more attracted to the camon12 air
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by tafat: 1:40am On Feb 19, 2020
I thought the Camon 12 air comes with a 3gb ram, or is there a 4 gb ram version?
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by psoul12: 10:23am On Mar 03, 2020
tafat:
I thought the Camon 12 air comes with a 3gb ram, or is there a 4 gb ram version?

Yes it does...i colleague uses it...
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Corroro: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2020
Chubbyface:
I've seen lots of comparison between the two phones. I think I still prefer the camon12 air

Do you really think camon 12 is really better? Please weigh your options well
Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by Sunkanmiwise(m): 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
After reading everything, then based on the verdict. I will go for TECNO Camon 12 AIR.

1 Like

Re: Infinix S5 Vs TECNO Camon 12 Air: So Similar Yet So Different by tafat: 8:06am On Mar 08, 2020
wow, then that would be the real deal, a camon 12 air with 4gb ram would be very fantastic
psoul12:

Yes it does...i colleague uses it...

(1) (Reply)

You All Using Ios I Need Your Help / The Redmi Note 10 Pro Price Update / Nokia C6, Nokia N96 And Nokia N95 8gb For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.