Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Waec 2020 Passport Capture - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Waec 2020 Passport Capture (491 Views)

WAEC 2020/2021 Examination Timetable - Download Pdf Format / Waec 2020 Timetable / WASSCE 2020 - 3 Tips On How To Pass Your WAEC 2020 Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waec 2020 Passport Capture by Everymanseye: 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
Having used computer for years and having been browsing doing online research, registration, creating websites, I can say for sure that the 2020 WAEC passport capture is a mess. To make matters worse, they are not available to the Cybercafe and ICT personal who bear the cross of their ineffecient programming. I have been receiving calls from those involved in the registration. Knowing me to be dexterous in ICT matters, they have been trying to seek my assistance. We tried the CAMERA they prescribed. The Camera is very expensive. But that is not the issue. The ISSUE is that as you tried to capture, the software pumps series of error messages. From one to one. The picture problem has hampered and slowed down the registration process. For instance it took us 3 hours trying different angles, before we were able to capture one student. And it continued. Some persons are lucky though. After five attempts they are able to capture.
The feedback for WAEC is that; the software photo capturing system is not registration friendly. It's not meant to do registration like WAEC where we have many students to register, sometimes up to eighty. It is meant for once in a while photo capture.
The registrations on the programming are too much.
Many schools will not be able to meet with the deadline of 31st January. Except magic happens.
RECOMMENDATIONS
1. If this is the only way WAEC knows how to capture students photo to prevent malpractice, then it's high time they stopped registration
2. If WAEC wants to remain in business, they should consult a standard ICT company
3. WAEC has to reverse to the passport upload days, though it was problematic too
4. WAEC should send their IT people on training from the guys that programme for the POSTUTME people or learn from NECO IT people.
I talk with authority when it comes to online and offline computer related matters because I have been using the internet services since 2002.

(1) (Reply)

I Cant Cope In Math Department And I Lost Interest / Mouau Whatsapp Group / What Am I Going To Do With This Jamb Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.