Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion (47013 Views)

Peter Obi's Speech At LCCI Postponed And 15 Candidates Protest Exclusion / Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States / Candidates Protest Exclusion From Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by goat22: 11:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
davodyguy:
That area is so notorious with bikes.

Come to Canoe road behind Chivita and see how they constitute nuisance
Guy no felgi for that brekete o, upside road opposite mitam foam dey free why them no allow okada follow bypass before Chivita, explain am!!! angry
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Basher8583: 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sunofgod:
Foolishness.....Okada is a necessity in congested Lagos!

[img]https://media1./images/486c5c5c4f66eac55b035ba6dcbe4594/tenor.gif?itemid=8134339[/img]

Be careful what you wish for.....

Sit down there oh. Don't go back to the muddy region you came from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Basher8583: 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
Youngkingjaey1:

I'm just speechless.
If they ban okada and keke napep in ajao estate and other place in Lagos
They will be more unemployment aboki, amaka and afonja in Lagos state.

Then they go back to where they can from
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by omobaba1759: 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
GIVE IT ONE MONTH , THE BIKES WILL BE BACK ON THE ROAD . IS IT NOT THE SAME NAIJA WE DEY TOGETHER ..LAUGHING IN SPANISH JAJAJA
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Olarewaju89: 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
That place worst my brother

davodyguy:
That area is so notorious with bikes.

Come to Canoe road behind Chivita and see how they constitute nuisance
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by icankel: 12:17am On Jan 31, 2020
Banning Bike and Keke is good but Lagos state government should build roads first because most streets roads in Lagos is no go area even by walking not to talk of vehicles. Okada and Keke has been a saving grace to Lagosians
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Jaqenhghar: 1:06am On Jan 31, 2020
izzou:
angry

Instead of blaming Okadas for robberies, why don't you blame the Police for not doing their job?

Tomorrow when they start robbing with bicycles,the government will ban it

When they rob with corollas, the government will ban it

The government keeps exonerating itself from its responsibilities. In the end, the people go dey suffer am
From the comments here the people like suffering. Let them suffer
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Rosskiye: 2:23am On Jan 31, 2020
back2sender:

They should all go back to thier village.
We have enough problems in Lagos already.

the same way they are telling you to go back to your village if u don't like them
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 31, 2020
Youngkingjaey1:

I'm just speechless.

Lol who is Amaka now?
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:06am On Jan 31, 2020
kowema:

Go to Ajao Estate with that your #500 naira Uber budget, experience the traffic and congestion in that area then come back and tell us how bankrupt you ended up. Ignoramus trying to sound funny nd on point

Lowlife !! cool
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by TheGift: 5:25am On Jan 31, 2020
You didn't read the news well as they are more concerned with security of lives and property.

Agent8706:
Did I read this news well? Isn't it a good thing that they still have the privilege of still using this service seeing that okada and Keke is a necessity in such areas?
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Hedonisst: 7:11am On Jan 31, 2020
I used to be against banning this Okada of a thing, but now I'm completely adamant they have to go... Mainly because of the security implications of allowing them to continue. The 'business' has been overtaken by these murderous abokki animals, and that is something that cannot be tolerated. They simply have to go. Ban them across the whole of Lagos.

The alternative is to allow ONLY registered companies like Opay and Gokada to operate the motorbike transportation business, on selected routes. At least we know that those ones are regulated and cannot employ these illiterate abokki idiots who parade everywhere with daggers looking for who to stab.

3 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by GEEBITE: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2020
You called people of your father's age seeking for their protection foolish.Do you know or understand what they are passing through.It was strictly a residential areas before these factories moved there.Where do you want these old men and pensioners to move to when their lives are being threatened?
YorubaPrince:
Forming rich... Foolish pple. grin

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mexxyaaron(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2020
Hedonisst:
I used to be against banning this Okada of a thing, but now I'm completely adamant they have to go... Mainly because of the security implications of allowing them to continue. The 'business' has been overtaken by these murderous abokki animals, and that is something that cannot be tolerated. They simply have to go. Ban them across the whole of Lagos.

The alternative is to allow ONLY registered companies like Opay and Gokada to operate the motorbike transportation business, on selected routes. At least we know that those ones are regulated and cannot employ these illiterate abokki idiots who parade everywhere with daggers looking for who to stab.

Very true words.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by kowema(f): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2020
0taPiaPia:

Lowlife !! cool

Definitely not as low as your below sea level life.
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by bigtt76(f): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2020
I'm sure Lagos state will soon introduce a permit to enter the state cheesy

naptu2:
Ajao Estate residents protest exclusion from Okada ban.

Residents of Ajao Estate in Lagos say that they want their area to be included in the list of places that motorcycle taxis, popularly known as Okada, are banned. The chairman of the residents association stated this when he led a delegation to the office of the Lagos State Governor in Alausa today.

Here is a video of the interaction between members of the residents association and journalists outside the governor’s office in Alausa and before that is a transcription of what was said in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGMG_HFP_eU

Below is a screenshot of a tweet by Mr Gboyega Akosile (the chief press secretary to the Lagos State governor).
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by poweredcom(m): 11:05am On Jan 31, 2020
More crime will evolve bet me
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by deboysben(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Kano and kaduna banned it and Aboki did not suffer am.
dont worry they will retaliate back.
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by muyinet: 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
Youngkingjaey1:

I'm just speechless.

...they'd have no option than to go back with their robbery and boko haram infiltration...and Lagos would be safer.

I prefer to stand for hours at the bustop waiting for a bus than to live in constant fear from okada robberies and accidents
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by Obiagu01: 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=mansakhalifa post=86242969]So, it is safe to assume that commercial motorcycle riders are personae non gratae in that part of town?[/quo

Oyibo.professor johnbull
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by berbs: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
deboysben:
I pity my Aboki brothers cos nah them go suffer am.
True
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mikolo80: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
Sunofgod:
Foolishness.....Okada is a necessity in congested Lagos!

[img]https://media1./images/486c5c5c4f66eac55b035ba6dcbe4594/tenor.gif?itemid=8134339[/img]

Be careful what you wish for.....
they have car so Okada no concine dem

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mikolo80: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
Youngkingjaey1:

I'm just speechless.
they should ho and farm
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by seguno2: 1:22am On Feb 01, 2020
mikolo80:
they have car so Okada no concine dem

They also have legs for walking after they are dropped by BRT buses, light rail, ferries and taxis.
Good exercise to reduce obesity and stress.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mikolo80: 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
seguno2:

They also have legs for walking after they are dropped by BRT buses, light rail, ferries and taxis.
so walking for the masses but car fore the elite. No conduit is permanent I. You fit join trekkers tmrw o
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by seguno2: 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
mikolo80:
so walking for the masses but car fore the elite. No conduit is permanent I. You fit join trekkers tmrw o

The elites in London, where the president and others go for medical tourism, trek after getting off the bus and train.
So what is your point

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mikolo80: 5:46am On Feb 27, 2020
seguno2:

The elites in London, where the president and others go for medical tourism, trek after getting off the bus and train.
So what is your point
if you're trekking in abroad you are not elite
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mikolo80: 5:48am On Feb 27, 2020
seguno2:

is it your obesity
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by seguno2: 5:51am On Feb 27, 2020
mikolo80:
if you're trekking in abroad you are not elite

How many places have you lived in abroad
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by mikolo80: 4:36am On Apr 01, 2020
seguno2:

How many places have you lived in abroad
NY and UK.
You?
Re: Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion by seguno2: 7:31am On Apr 01, 2020
mikolo80:
NY and UK.
You?

Is NY a country like the UK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Hails Ghanaian Wife, Regina For Support In Battle With Precious Chikwendu / Nigerians React To Binani’s ‘Void’ Declaration / Gen. Aliyu Mohammed Gusau Resigns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.