Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line (544 Views)

Sarki: Peter Obi's Supporters Have Offered To Sponsor His Campaign In The North / We Have Offered Consular Assistance To Nnamdi Kanu - UK High Commissioner (Video / NCoS: Maryam Sanda Not Granted Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by pafra(m): 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
Shari'a law which is seen as barbaric by many folks could actually have offered Maryam Sanda a life line. Jurisprudentially speaking, under shari'a law, the family of a murder victim can choose to forgive the culprit and accept compensation or they can even waive the compensation altogether and let the culprit go scot free. The Shari'a always seek to preserve life.

I read a story on the wall of my good friend, Ibrahim Boyi about an Iranian woman whose son was killed and when the culprit was sentenced to death by hanging, the old lady was asked the push away the chair upon which the convict stood but she instead slapped him twice and removed the noose from his neck saying two sons should not die and two mothers should not be made to grieve the loss of their sons and that was how she saved the life of the person who killed her son.

This is the height of compassion. May Allah ease our affairs.

Ps. Under Nigerian law, the offence of murder is not compoundable, meaning the family of the victim do not have the option of forgiving the culprit, only the state can, through prerogative of mercy.

Copied from Prof. AB. shehu

1 Like

Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by Brandstudio01: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
I won't tell you how tired I am being a Nigerian
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by okomile(f): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
grin grin

Brandstudio01:
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by donstan18: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
It was a perfect Judgment.

So that others will learn.
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by ojun50(m): 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Doh
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by Sanquine(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
Oh really?? But we still don't want it tongue grin
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by pafra(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
Brandstudio01:

How do you mean?
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by oz4real83(m): 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
The same sharia that amputates people's limbs and make them useless in life before they migrate from the north and become problems in the south. Keep deceiving yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by madridguy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
This is mis interpretation of Sharia'h law.
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by TooMuchStuff: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
oz4real83:
The same sharia that amputates people's limbs and make them useless in life before they migrate from the north and become problems in the south. Keep deceiving yourself.
You know these people called Muslims are actually born deceivers. They're naturally attached to Lies that portrayed them as merciful but in reality they are bankers of Blood
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by madridguy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
My brother, believe me that's not Sharia'h law but selfish law created by the elites to punish the masses.
In Shariah law, before action can be taken, the justice need 3 witness that caught the suspect in the act.

i.e, Mr Apple is accuse of stealing, now if Mr Apple is brought to judge, before the judge can make any judgement, he will ask for 3 witnesses that caught Mr Apple in the act.
For example, Mr Terry is one that saw him, he will go and look for another person to be his witness, let say the second person name is patigi, then Patigi also will go and look for another witness, let assume Patigi witness is Wakama. In a nutshell, the 3 of them must sees him in the act before they can testify against Mr Apple.

Now, before the judge pronounce him guilty, he will gather people and ask them about Terry, Patigi and Wakama, to know if they're honest and if anyone stood up and said anyone of them is honest, and can never be trusted then Mr Apple is free since one of the witnesses lack integrity to testify against anyone.

Now, if the trio pass the integrity test, the judge will find out if Mr Apple has been caught for stealing before, if no, he will be given some stroke of canes and set free.

If Mr Apple is apprehended for the 4th time then judge will give verdict of severe punishment.

Shariah law is sweet.

oz4real83:
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by pafra(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
pafra:
Shari'a law which is seen as barbaric by many folks could actually have offered Maryam Sanda a life line. Jurisprudentially speaking, under shari'a law, the family of a murder victim can choose to forgive the culprit and accept compensation or they can even waive the compensation altogether and let the culprit go scot free. The Shari'a always seek to preserve life.

I read a story on the wall of my good friend, Ibrahim Boyi about an Iranian woman whose son was killed and when the culprit was sentenced to death by hanging, the old lady was asked the push away the chair upon which the convict stood but she instead slapped him twice and removed the noose from his neck saying two sons should not die and two mothers should not be made to grieve the loss of their sons and that was how she saved the life of the person who killed her son.

This is the height of compassion. May Allah ease our affairs.

Ps. Under Nigerian law, the offence of murder is not compoundable, meaning the family of the victim do not have the option of forgiving the culprit, only the state can, through prerogative of mercy.

Copied from Prof. AB. shehu
Re: Sharia Law Could Have Offered Maryam Sanda A Life Line by PapaBaby: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
The Shari'a always seek to preserve life

Yeah preserve indeed except when they're not busy beheading Christians.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Beats Nigeria To Top Job In African Continental Free Trade Area / BREAKING: Supreme Court Nullifies Bayelsagovernor-elect’s Election, Declares PD / Nnamdi Kanu Too Threatens To Kill Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.