Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years (23841 Views)

UK Shuts Down Embassies In Nigeria Over EndSARS Protests / BREAKING!Nigeria Ambassador In China Have Collected All Nigerian Passport Seized / Insecurity: PDP Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by BRATISLAVA: 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
kponkedenge:
Before opening this thread, I knew it was Beijing. I remember few years ago I was at this embassy, the staffs there took hours just to attend to a few of us. It was frustrating.
I thought they would have even improved by now. SMH

It's the condition in every single Nigeria embassy. Substandard staff. You'd wonder where they picked them from.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by tot(f): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

I hope you now understand what I was saying and not what you were thinking.

Yes I do.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by ZombieHUNT: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

You are the kind of person who doesn't think before speaking.

Did you read the quote I was responding to? Why should anyone bother updating the website when it is of no importance to the Chinese? They are just in Nigeria for money and resource control. Why should they care who the president is? Why should it be updated? If you read you would've understood.

When will you learn to do the right thing....

Go sit down Jare
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by Niceman4u(m): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Mayb the embassy staff don't who Buhari is.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by nextstep(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
socialmediaman:
If they cannot perform simple updates on their websites, what quality of service do you think they are offering to Nigerians in these countries?

Actually, let me quote this a different way: "seeing the rubbish service they provide, it's surprising the website is even functional"
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by culidea: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
It is not only the Nigerian embassies even the agencies around the world.

I was at NIN approved registration center in Houston Texas few weeks back. Guess what? They told me their system was down. In the US?

I went to the second approved agent and their office was locked. I met another lady there who was frustrated and really lamenting about the whole thing.

Fortunately, the 3rd and the last approved location happens to be a VFS office - Russian embassy. That was where I got the registration done.

The other 2 agents are Nigerian companies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by OnyesomJ(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
The Effect of Illiteracy in the System
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by delishpot: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
The only thing Nigeria updates is system used in crime and corruption.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by don4real18(m): 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2020
They will be looking for millions of naira to budget for website now.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by felixawe(m): 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
Their Oga, na NEPA be him certificate
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by UrVillagePpl: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Frankly they don't care about Nigerians. They just go to Nigeria to rape their resources in an environment where they are unregulated because of their yellow skin status. Who the president is couldn't bother them. They collect their money and move on.
b

Kleptocracy you mean

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by einsteine(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Frankly they don't care about Nigerians. They just go to Nigeria to rape their resources in an environment where they are unregulated because of their yellow skin status. Who the president is couldn't bother them. They collect their money and move on.

This is the Nigerian embassy not the Chinese embassy.

These are the type of comments you make when you don't read.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by einsteine(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
ibietela2:
All these should be 1 SITE but different SUB DOMAINS

instead of these multiple embassy sites

They use sub domains as you can see.

People rarely read before they comment, na wa
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by jaxxy(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
And people are working there and collecting salaries?
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by golddeejay(m): 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Whatever you are, did you read the quote I was responding to? Why should anyone bother updating the website when it is of no importance to the Chinese? They are just in Nigeria for money and resource control. Why should they care who the president is? Why should it be updated? If you read you would've understood.
wow...all I can say is enjoy the bliss
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by BRATISLAVA: 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
golddeejay:
wow...all I can say is enjoy the bliss

You have nothing to say ordinarily, but that you need to comment.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by golddeejay(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nothing surprise me about Nigeria again. I always expect the worse whenever I visit a Nigerian parastatal's website. I wanted to check my nin status yesterday from their website. After wasting my time to fill the required information, I discovered the CHECK NOW button was not redirecting anywhere.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by BRATISLAVA: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
einsteine:

This is the Nigerian embassy not the Chinese embassy.

These are the type of comments you make when you don't read.

Your comment indicates you do not read.

And did you read the context of the message or do you normally not read and understand on Fridays? I'm done explaining to everyone who quoted without understanding that post. Read to understand, and respond slowly. You just comment without reading what led to that because you feel you must add a comment without base.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by golddeejay(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

You have nothing to say ordinarily, but that you need to comment.
better to say nothing and learn than displaying ignorance. Put your pride aside and read this thread with a free mind, it will help you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by BRATISLAVA: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
golddeejay:
better to say nothing and learn than displaying ignorance. Put your pride aside and read this thread with a free mind, it will help you.

You're not making any sense at this point. It would be easier for you to admit you are ignorant and cannot read to understand, than pridefully going on. You did not understand my post because it was not made for you, and I am not responsible for what you think when you do not. It will help you if you do not quote unwanted .
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by golddeejay(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

You're not making any sense at this point. It would be easier for you to admit you are ignorant and cannot read to understand, than pridefully going on. You did not understand my post because it was not made for you, and I am not responsible for what you think when you do not. It will help you if you do not quite unwanted .
okay Einstein
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by BRATISLAVA: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
golddeejay:
okay Einstein

Learn to read to understand.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by golddeejay(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Learn to read to understand.
okay...you are so desperate to show everyone you are not ignorant. Rest, son.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by BRATISLAVA: 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2020
golddeejay:
okay...you are so desperate to show everyone you are not ignorant. Rest, son.

You will do the resting for quoting me ignorantly.
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by Emilokoiyawon: 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
I had my passport renewed last year at the US consulate Atlanta. The unprofessional and rude behavior of some of the staff of the Nigerian consulate is extremely shocking. And its start from the gate with the security. You get there the security tells you to go and buy a stamped envelope that was not among the list of items listed on the website for an interview. Conveniently, the have a place across the street where they charge overcharge you for everything including making passport copies. In fact, I suspect the guy who runs the place is a staff of the consulate. Anyway, you get your envelope and copies ready and you go back to the entrance. When you get there this consulate staff tells you what documents to present and in what order when you enter the building. Which is actually quite helpful. However, his rudeness leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. He talks to you like you are a complete idiot. His tone is extremely grating.

Anyway you finally get into the building after enduring the insults and rudeness at the gate. Inside they are even more rude. The guy in charge of taking the pics and finger prints is the most caustic human being I have ever come across. And that's saying a lot since I have seen my fair share of extremely difficult people. He shouts at you while giving instructions. He insults you at his attempts of making small talks. Of course you have to endure because if you dish it back who knows if these a$$ -holes will scuttle your passport process. And you know the funny thing? The nicest person in that entire consulate is the only non-Nigerian staff I saw there. Imagine that. This man (probably North African) was so nice and respectful in answering my question. He was the last person I spoke to before leaving. As I stepped out of the process area into the yard I met this man. I ask him what would happen to my old passport (a question I have wanted to ask the rude dog of a process manager but I knew his response will be filled with insults and rudeness. So, I kept quiet) and very calmly and kindly informed me that it will be sent together with the new issue. I was shocked (and relieved) to see that there was someone there who actually acts like a decent human being.

After I got done with my renewal process I swore NEVER to return. Something needs to be done. A complete overhaul of the staff at the ATL consulate is not just needed but MANDATORY.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by Hotspotbro(m): 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
socialmediaman:
The Nigerian embassy in Beijing, China, still has Goodluck Jonathan as president of Nigeria - 5 years after the election of a new president!

https://beijing.ngembassy.org/?lang=en&&page=aboutus

With corona virus being a serious global threat, one would expect that the embassy would have some sort of safety information or update for Nigerians.

The Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC on the one hand, is running a non-secure HTTP website, and has not updated parts of its website, see the listing of governors for instance, Ayo Fayose is still listed as governor of Ekiti, among others.

http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=state-governors

If they cannot perform simple updates on their websites, what quality of service do you think they are offering to Nigerians in these countries?
when my dad came in to lagos some years ago he said internet connection was then like a luxury. Anyways it's true, the computers of some Federal Government Ministry are these old types of Computer with huge Monitors. And those CPUs with diskette. Who uses diskette these days?

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by feedthenation(m): 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
I'm not suprise, people who work in some Nigeria embassies use their personal email such as gmail to perform their duties. Because the Nigerian embassies don't have a functioning email service talkless of updating their websites.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by COMPAQ(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
And when they said we were a shithole country, you people were arguing!!?
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by KenModi(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2020
LegendHero:
Lol, people that can’t manage their offices are the one you’re saying will manage websites.

I live very close to the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta here, Roswell road precisely.

I’m always ashamed of that rubbish embassy anytime I pass through that road, besides the structure looking like a normal office, people also say their service is below par and they are always looking for who to obtain.

If you want to renew your passport in Nigerian embassy here, they will make sure they suck your money like a new baby using feeder.

I’m not even surprised at all that they can’t keep their website up to date.

I keep saying it, that the source of the problem faced by Nigerians at home and abroad is not alien to us as a people; rather it is innate. If they sack all those people working at the embassy and employ fresh faces, they won’t perform any better than their predecessors.

We have a Minister for Foreign Affairs and a coordinator for Diaspora affairs but you only see them when Buhari goes to the U.K. What do you expect when the person who appointed them knows nothing about their performance at their jobs. In fact he is even surprised at the state of security in his very own country.

Chai!!! What a dead country occupied and ran by incompetent, corrupt and greedy citizens!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by Studyinchina200(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
Funny country
Re: Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years by LegendHero(m): 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
KenModi:

I keep saying it, that the source of the problem faced by Nigerians at home and abroad is not alien to us as a people; rather it is innate. If they sack all those people working at the embassy and employ fresh faces, they won’t perform any better than their predecessors.

We have a Minister for Foreign Affairs and a coordinator for Diaspora affairs but you only see them when Buhari goes to the U.K. What do you expect when the person who appointed them knows nothing about their performance at their jobs. In fact he is even surprised at the state of security in his very own country.

Chai!!! What a dead country occupied and ran by incompetent, corrupt and greedy citizens!

This is true in all form. You captured the Nigerian problem perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Govt Planning To Gag Media Ahead Of Release Of FBI Files – Atiku’s Aide / Unrest At OSHODI In Lagos / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Defence, Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.