Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,699 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 (33446 Views)

79 Killed, 779 Injured In Gombe Auto Crashes – FRSC / UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants / Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 by kayroc: 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
AreaFada2:
Nigeria too carry Africa matter for head like Galla. Apartheid help to SA and being repaid with Xenophobia should have opened our eyes.

Instead give visa free to Western and other rich nationals with hard currency to spend. Tunisia and Morocco are making a lot of money from it.

Thank God someone else can see it. Even Benin Republic does EVisa for rich countries to boost tourism but these ones are putting together 79 different visa categories.

Bloody fools. Even USA has fewer than 20 visa categories- less than 7 if you remove immigrant visas.

Nigerian should have EVisa for Schengen, Japan, US, UK and China. They should pay flat $100 for 90 days stay but those greedy crooks at Nigerian Embassy abroad can't just allow that because they rely on harassing visa applicant for bribe.

India has Non Resident Indian ID card that can be used to enter the country in lieu of passport/visa. Once you have that one, even if you have only Nigerian citizenship, if you have that ID card, you will get automatic visa on arrival.

This country is just mad. Let me mistakenly get Visa I will run away. Seeing the kind of backward and retrogressive policies that this country implements just kills my spirit. How can Nigeria at this point still be putting such nonsense in place.

I am tired. 79 visa categories on top of what? Short-term Business, Visitor, and long term work permit are all that we need. Simplify the process and let everyone that wants to apply for Visa apply online and just tender passport on arrival to get the visa imprinted and you move on.

Yet these ones are still acting as if the Nigeria is relevant. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 by tck2000(m): 9:10pm On Jan 31, 2020
Officialgarri:
I think I'm more concerned about the price at which the VoA is issued to foreigns. It costs a Chinese just #16,000 (sixteen) to come to Nigeria to get visa on arrival. That's why we have the influx of so many illegal immigrants from India and other Asian countries

First, you didn't read the post talkless of understanding what the report was all about.
I don't think Seun made it compulsory for anyone to make comments
Re: Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 by CrownWale93(m): 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
Congratulations.

We need Patronage@ CrownWale Printing Production for your printing job order & New season Insurance Brokers for your Various Insurance Covers.
Kindly contact +2348135102690.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2020
medTechworld:

Please forget positivity,How long shall we continue to believe in our nation? We have been believing yet nothing good has happened. Nigerian leaders have failed us. As long as they continue to live we aint moving forward.
you are right dear, but nothing is impossible with God, we won't give up on naija,
Re: Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 by AreaFada2: 4:26am On Feb 16, 2020
kayroc:

Thank God someone else can see it. Even Benin Republic does EVisa for rich countries to boost tourism but these ones are putting together 79 different visa categories.

Bloody fools. Even USA has fewer than 20 visa categories- less than 7 if you remove immigrant visas.

Nigerian should have EVisa for Schengen, Japan, US, UK and China. They should pay flat $100 for 90 days stay but those greedy crooks at Nigerian Embassy abroad can't just allow that because they rely on harassing visa applicant for bribe.

India has Non Resident Indian ID card that can be used to enter the country in lieu of passport/visa. Once you have that one, even if you have only Nigerian citizenship, if you have that ID card, you will get automatic visa on arrival.

This country is just mad. Let me mistakenly get Visa I will run away. Seeing the kind of backward and retrogressive policies that this country implements just kills my spirit. How can Nigeria at this point still be putting such nonsense in place.

I am tired. 79 visa categories on top of what? Short-term Business, Visitor, and long term work permit are all that we need. Simplify the process and let everyone that wants to apply for Visa apply online and just tender passport on arrival to get the visa imprinted and you move on.

Yet these ones are still acting as if the Nigeria is relevant. Nonsense.

You're absolutely right. You see, Westerners spontaneously buying a ticket and flying to Morocco & Tunisia for a few days. Visa free. Yours truly would never have visited those places if visa hassle was involved.

Charging hundreds of dollars puts people who might want to visit a not very tourist friendly country. When many countries that are tourist friendly offer free visa. We should be competing for tourists with those countries by offering incentives. If you "lure" tourists with freebies, each could end up spending $1,500 and more on hotels, souvenirs, food, etc.

Another thing is that our visa regime and cost drives away those we should entice the MOST. Anglophone and others from rich countries.
Anglophones like British, Canadians, Americans, Irish, Australians and others have to pay high visa charges. These are people with either Commonwealth or linguistic links with us and very likely to feel more at home visiting us. Whereas poor Middle Eastern countries pay low fees. People unlikely to be tourists. I guess Northern religious ties takes precedence over national economic and linguistic ties.

When setting visa fees, it's not about, ego, pride, tit-for-tat but very smart and calculated economic interest. Instead show you patriotism by not running to UK and Germany for every medical check-up. Fix your country.

Someone argued that if we allowed Western tourists in easily, there would be too much prostitution. cheesy grin
Can you imagine? Medium and long term, better economy would empower more women and reduce prostitution. It can add 20 to 25% to our GDP within 10 years.

We can impose stiff penalties for those engaged in illegal and child prostitution.
Re: Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 by kayroc: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
AreaFada2:

You're absolutely right. You see, Westerners spontaneously buying a ticket and flying to Morocco & Tunisia for a few days. Visa free. Yours truly would never have visited those places if visa hassle was involved.

We can impose stiff penalties for those engaged in illegal and child prostitution.

In fact I am tired. Imagine saying tourism will increase prostitution. When prostitution has already taken over finally. Just slam them with exit fine of $1,000 if caught and raise revenue. Right now Kenya is making serious cash from tourism and we are just looking.

The picture below is what Nigeria's visa policy should be- everybody should get Visa on arrival even if it is only for 30 days. Then if they want to make more money charge people for overstay of the 30 day rule. Let us say $200 for overstay of up to 90 days. They will make more money but where is the minister of tourism? Nowhere to be found.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000 / Delay At ATM Saves Man From Ghastly Motor Accident In Enugu (Photos) / BRT Introduces New Transport Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.