Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

About To Wed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / About To Wed (2883 Views)

Man Holds Ex Lover Hostage On Her Way To Wed Another Man After Training Her / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Grandparents Who Are To Wed In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Wed by jendor123: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2020
My wedding is taken place in two months time. Pls how do we plan for the wedding as both don't know much about it. What are the things grooms family need to do and what are the things the bride's family need to do. Thanks in anticipation
Re: About To Wed by Froshloaded: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2020
Saving space

Modified:
If it is for this local marriage(Engagement), you are to get the list from your wife's family... Then you guys can sit down and discuss about hall and food. .. wink
Re: About To Wed by Mizwisdom(f): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2020
Get a wedding planner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 8:47am On Jan 31, 2020
Froshloaded:
Saving space

Modified:
If it is for this local marriage(Engagement), you are to get the list from your wife's family... Then you guys can sit down and discuss about hall and food. .. wink
Got that already. Just planning for the wedding proper

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2020
jendor123:

Got that already. Just planning for the wedding proper

I can help you Source and procure the Souvenirs.

Asoebi

Suits
Wedding dress/accessories
Food/drinks.
DJ
Hall decorationn (check the Event section on nairaland).

2 Likes

Re: About To Wed by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2020
How can you fix a wedding date when you don’t know what to do? grin Wonderment. Where is it taking place. We go chop rice

7 Likes

Re: About To Wed by kristen12(f): 11:39am On Jan 31, 2020
If you're in lagos, contact me. I can help you with the planning and running around.
Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
stupidity:
How can you fix a wedding date when you don’t know what to do? grin Wonderment. Where is it taking place. We go chop rice

Thanks for ur comment.
Re: About To Wed by Saintmary(f): 3:40am On Feb 01, 2020
jendor123:
My wedding is taken place in two months time. Pls how do we plan for the wedding as both don't know much about it. What are the things grooms family need to do and what are the things the bride's family need to do. Thanks in anticipation
Let your older siblings, cousins or parents guide you. It's not that hard.
Re: About To Wed by bukatyne(f): 5:11am On Feb 01, 2020
jendor123:

What have you both been doing all this while till 2 months to your wedding?

Who fixed the date, how did you decide the venue and other things?

3 Likes

Re: About To Wed by Veryfoolishboy: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Here to learn
Re: About To Wed by ednut1(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
bukatyne:

What have you both been doing all this while till 2 months to your wedding?

Who fixed the date, how did you decide the venue and other things?
belle things likely lol
Re: About To Wed by nlPoster: 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
Re: About To Wed by Sayfact: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
My wedding is in 2 weeks time
Base on what I have been experiencing, first thing is to be financially okay, don't depend on anybody , don't try to impress family and friends, stop revealing your plans to people , some people will try to act like they care but will confuse you and lead you to the wrong path, always write down your plans, Budget, don't let your in-laws see you as a weakling , be bold, always set aside some extra money for miscellaneous , get one or two trusted friends, assign task for them, don't stress yourself going up and down, be prayerful

11 Likes

Re: About To Wed by Lamanii22(f): 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
jendor123:

Taking*

Plus have you booked your wedding cake? If not.. I can have it delivered on that day at an affordable price... Where's the venue oo.. I feel like eating party rice..
Re: About To Wed by Fratello(m): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lamanii22:

Taking*

Plus have you booked your wedding cake? If not.. I can have it delivered on that day at an affordable price... Where's the venue oo.. I feel like eating party rice..

Event Planner will do.

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
The nicest wedding I have been to (please quoting this long post is a sin!)
So early 2019/late2018 I attended a wedding Mass, the venue of which was my city’s university chapel/church. The couple wore some traditional material (bride had an A line (or fish, I don’t know exactly what it’s called) long, dress and the groom had a caftan and trousers
The choir sang beautifully, and the ceremony was blessedly short
After the Mass, everybody went out into the garden, which had been prepared with a few canopies and decorated plastic chairs and tables (not up to ten). Ribbons too, but remember the garden had plenty grass, shrubs and flowers already. There was a black music box with R and B music and love songs serenading everybody (picture Boys2Men, Shai, Ruff Endz, Dru Hill, Savage Garden, Westlife, Blackstreet boys and Backstreet Boys, Lionel Richie etc music playing one album after another. Not blasting loudly like a madhouse... just blending greatly with the conversations, delivering great notes from about 1pm to 4pm)
As the couple was having picture shots, food, (just jollof rice, moi moi, cole slaw, 1 fat piece of chicken and two small beef pieces per big china plate) was being served. A drum with ice was discreetly placed behind a tree, and from it very cold drinks were served with the food. From taking pictures the couple walked to a table and cut the cake, and then went to sit down in their special place just in front of the group, for their food. By then people were in various states of eating, from just starting, to being done. Not long after, large chunks of cake were served by the couple’s family members, with wine in paper cups (filled).

It was so informal and beautiful, the music and the garden added to the whole serenely beautiful ambience of the event.
Nobody could find it in them to leave the music and the whole venue/scene, and we all stayed listening to music and talking for an extra two hours after everything
The whole works -clothes, cake, wine, rice and “accessories” cost about 150K
It remains by far the most perfect, most tasteful, most meaningful, simplest yet most elegant wedding service and reception I have ever been to, and it was on a week day!
We learnt that the priest used the couple and their wedding in his homily the next Sunday and many times after that
No train, just two toddlers (boy and girl) dressed up in their own clothes
It was not crowded (50 guests? )
No dancing and spraying of money
No ashebi (the blessedness of this)
No prayers (we had just been to Mass for Lawdsake)
No presentation of presents, the few people who had presents or money just keep whatever they brought on the grass, by the couple
Nothing, just taste and beauty intertwined
Blissful wedding
I haaate weddings, but that one was simply, absolutely beautiful and fuss-free(in a warm glow and honey whiskey way)
Appraising more critically, the only downside had to be the cake. It was not as fluffy and soft and creamy as I like. It was fondant where cream/butter cake would have been ideal. (The couple shared everything there and then) They sentimentally had given the cake job to a relative to bake. I guess she did her best lipsrsealed. But that’s the only thing that was 6 or 7 out of a possible 10 for me. Every other thing was top notch. In total, that small wedding was a 9 and a half over 10 kiss

Dear poster, can you do something crazy (crazily beautiful, different AND memorable) like the above? No way ba? cheesy
Do you shaa, and a happy married life!

3 Likes

Re: About To Wed by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
My point with that looong mad post?
I can help you plan that type of wedding, for free!
And it would be the talk of your town and live in peoples’ hearts for a long long time
But, extroverts, show offs, many people in fact would balk at this!
cheesy
Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 6:34am On Feb 02, 2020
Sayfact:
My wedding is in 2 weeks time
Base on what I have been experiencing, first thing is to be financially okay, don't depend on anybody , don't try to impress family and friends, stop revealing your plans to people , some people will try to act like they care but will confuse you and lead you to the wrong path, always write down your plans, Budget, don't let your in-laws see you as a weakling , be bold, always set aside some extra money for miscellaneous , get one or two trusted friends, assign task for them, don't stress yourself going up and down, be prayerful

Thanks bro. You are right. I love your idea
Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 6:40am On Feb 02, 2020
merahki:
The nicest wedding I have been to (please quoting this long post is a sin!)
So early 2019/late2018 I attended a wedding Mass, the venue of which was my city’s university chapel/church. The couple wore some traditional material (bride had an A line (or fish, I don’t know exactly what it’s called) long, dress and the groom had a caftan and trousers
The choir sang beautifully, and the ceremony was blessedly short
After the Mass, everybody went out into the garden, which had been prepared with a few canopies and decorated plastic chairs and tables (not up to ten). Ribbons too, but remember the garden had plenty grass, shrubs and flowers already. There was a black music box with R and B music and love songs serenading everybody (picture Boys2Men, Shai, Ruff Endz, Dru Hill, Savage Garden, Westlife, Blackstreet boys and Backstreet Boys, Lionel Richie etc music playing one album after another. Not blasting loudly like a madhouse... just blending greatly with the conversations, delivering great notes from about 1pm to 4pm)
As the couple was having picture shots, food, (just jollof rice, moi moi, cole slaw and 1 fat chicken pieces and two small beef pieces per big china plate) was being served. A drum with ice was discreetly placed behind a tree, and from it very cold drinks were served with the food. From taking pictures the couple walked to a table and cut the cake, and then went to sit down in their special place just in front of the group, for their food. By then people were in various states of eating, from just starting, to being done. Not long after, large chunks of cake were served by the couple’s family members, with wine in paper cups (filled).

It was so informal and beautiful, the music and the garden added to the whole serenely beautiful ambience of the event.
Nobody could find it in them to leave the music and the whole venue/scene, and we all stayed listening to music and talking for an extra two hours after everything
The whole works -clothes, cake, wine, rice and “accessories” cost about 150K
It remains by far the most perfect, most tasteful, most meaningful, simplest yet most elegant wedding service and reception I have ever been to, and it was on a week day!
We learnt that the priest used the couple and their wedding in his homily the next Sunday and many times after that
No train, just two toddlers (boy and girl) dressed up in their own clothes
It was not crowded (50 guests? )
No dancing and spraying of money
No ashebi (the blessedness of this)
No prayers (we had just been to Mass for Lawdsake)
No presentation of presents, the few people who had presents or money just keep whatever they brought on the grass, by the couple
Nothing, just taste and beauty intertwined
Blissful wedding
I haaate weddings, but that one was simply, absolutely beautiful and fuss-free(in a warm glow and honey whiskey way)
Appraising more critically, the only downside had to be the cake. It was not as fluffy and soft and creamy as I like. It was fondant where cream/butter cake would have been ideal. (The couple shared everything there and then) They sentimentally had given the cake job to a relative to bake. I guess she did her best lipsrsealed. But that’s the only thing that was 6 or 7 out of a possible 10 for me. Every other thing was top notch. In total, that small wedding was a 9 and a half over 10 kiss

Dear poster, can you do something crazy (crazily beautiful, different AND memorable) like the above? No way ba? cheesy
Do you shaa, and a happy married life!

Honestly this is my type of wedding but my father in-law wouldn't give way, that is my concern
Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 6:42am On Feb 02, 2020
merahki:
And it would be the talk of your town and live in peoples’ hearts for a long long time
cheesy

I like this

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by Phunmyne(f): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2020
jendor123:

We offer wedding photography and video packages that makes your big day a memorable one at a pocket friendly rate.

You can reach us on 08145843865 (call and whatsapp) so we can talk better and show you samples of our work.

May God bless the day, bless your pocket and make the marriage fruitful.

Kings visual.

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
jendor123:

Honestly this is my type of wedding but my father in-law wouldn't give way, that is my concern

Then you are starting off wrongly
My advice would cause trouble so let me keep quiet
If there is love, two will agree
Infact, I go- stick to your desire. If this person doesn’t see herself in this picture, someone else will, and it will be right and beautiful.
But you can convince her
Imagine having 750K for a wedding. Using 120- 200k for the above posted kind of wedding

With the change you guys can go on a nice one or two week trip to any Obudu, Inagbe, Ghana, Togo (amazing beaches) etc
Or you can buy a crazy TV and music set
Or you can save a tiny amount and add to it and buy a car
Or you can ...do so many things that don’t involve the drag of a regular wedding
Good luck
Be firm, don’t insult your father in-law, just blank them. If she is meant to be with you, they would come around
Or you can show her love and have a big wedding lipsrsealed( I am against this but aiming to be fair, although it is insincere, my fairness)
Good luck
Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 12:38am On Feb 04, 2020
merahki:

Then you are starting off wrongly
My advice would cause trouble so let me keep quiet
If there is love, two will agree
Infact, I go- stick to your desire. If this person doesn’t see herself in this picture, someone else will, and it will be right and beautiful.
But you can convince her
Imagine having 750K for a wedding. Using 120- 200k for the above posted kind of wedding

With the change you guys can go on a nice one or two week trip to any Obudu, Inagbe, Ghana, Togo (amazing beaches) etc
Or you can buy a crazy TV and music set
Or you can save a tiny amount and add to it and buy a car
Or you can ...do so many things that don’t involve the drag of a regular wedding
Good luck
Be firm, don’t insult your father in-law, just blank them. If she is meant to be with you, they would come around
Or you can show her love and have a big wedding lipsrsealed( I am against this but aiming to be fair, although it is insincere, my fairness)
Good luck

Not she but father in-law. He has finally succumbed to our idea

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2020
That’s great!
I am happy for you
Cheers
Re: About To Wed by nma4god(f): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2020
[quote author=merahki post=86301988]My point with that looong mad post?
cheesy[.........i would so love that though no plans of marriage for the next 4 to 5 years

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by jendor123: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
merahki:
That’s great!
I am happy for you
Cheers

Thanks

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by KateFowler: 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
I think that it's possible to make a cool wedding and you just need to decide about everything. I was using https://www.msbliss.ca/ which is a perfect way to get more information about wedding dresses, different options. They are helping to know more about different wedding dresses styles, interesting designs and other things.
Re: About To Wed by yvelchstores(f): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
merahki:
cheesy
this is golden. I always desired to help people plan unique weddings at little cost. I hate to see when events swallow money and there is just nothing outstanding. For me, I have always pictured a set up in an open field/garden just as you described above.

1 Like

Re: About To Wed by Oluromantic: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
[quote author=nma4god post=86366830][/quote]
Fine girl looking good
Re: About To Wed by bukatyne(f): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2020

cheesy

I did not even know I have commented before. grin

@
jendor123:

Thanks

How did the wedding ceremony go? How is marriage now? kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Why People Say That The Women's Folk Are Their Own Enemies? (pics) / In Nigeria, Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law? / Help Me What Shud I Do My Husband Does Not Want Us To Stay Together..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.