Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Donald Trump Official: Coronavirus Could Boost US Jobs (VIDEO) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Official: Coronavirus Could Boost US Jobs (VIDEO) (310 Views)

Iran Deliberately Avoided Parts Of Bases Populated With US Troops-Trump Official / President Trump In The UK: Meet “Beast”, President Donald Trump’s Official Car / See What The Donald Trump's Official Car (cadillac One) Is Likely Made Of. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Official: Coronavirus Could Boost US Jobs (VIDEO) by blog4all(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
Wilbur Ross sees the coronavirus outbreak as a moneymaking opportunity for the US

“I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America.”

US commerce secretary Wilbur Ross has said the deadly coronavirus outbreak in China could be positive for the American economy.

During a TV interview Mr Ross said: “I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America”.
The rapid spread of the disease has raised fears about its impact on the Chinese economy and global growth.

The comments have come under fire from critics of President Trump’s administration.

In response to a question on Fox Business News about whether the outbreak is a risk to the US economy Mr Ross said: “I don’t want to talk about a victory lap over a very unfortunate, very malignant disease.”

“The fact is, it does give business yet another thing to consider when they go through their review of their supply chain… So I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America,” he went on to say.

Later the US Commerce Department echoed his comments: “As Secretary Ross made clear the first step is to bring the virus under control and help the victims of this disease.”

“It is also important to consider the ramifications of doing business with a country that has a long history of covering up real risks to its own people and the rest of the world,” a spokesperson said.

The remarks have been heavily criticised, with Democrat congressman Don Beyer taking to Twitter to question finding business advantages during the deadly outbreak.

Economists have also queried Mr Ross’s comments. Simon Baptist from the Economist Intelligence Unit in Singapore told the BBC that the comments struck him as “weird”.

“Companies are not going to make serious and long-term investment decisions on the basis of an outbreak of a disease that might last three to six months,” he said.

Watch the video @ https://www.busitechnews.com/donald-trump-official-coronavirus-could-boost-us-jobs-video/

Re: Donald Trump Official: Coronavirus Could Boost US Jobs (VIDEO) by buhariguy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
That was my thought from the beginning that it was US that is behind the deadly disease

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Official: Coronavirus Could Boost US Jobs (VIDEO) by budaatum: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Funny thing is USA can not set up a factory and staff it as fast as China can, which is why the likes of Apple would rather manufacture in China than USA. And China is a bigger market than USA as the likes of Teslar are finding, with USA consumers bloated on debt and Trump trading wars.

It takes open eyes to see huge shifts I guess, and some are just blind!
Re: Donald Trump Official: Coronavirus Could Boost US Jobs (VIDEO) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
buhariguy:
That was my thought from the beginning that it was US that is behind the deadly disease

You're absolutely correct. We read about how H.I.V was created in Amerika.

We also witnessed how the Amerikan bastards wanted to cash out big on Ebola using their overnight wonder-drug called ZMapp but Orunmila dissapointed them.

Why on Earth will anybody be surprised that the Coronavirus originated from the United Snakes of Amerika?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Appoints "Creation Advocate" / Russia Is Reportedly Trying To Get Trump Re-elected, And The President ‘berated’ / Coronavirus : Iran Releases 70,000 Prisoners As Toll Rises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.