Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo (470 Views)

Ghanaian Court Returns Ownership Of Winners Chapel Ghana To Bishop Oyedepo / Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by grandiose4ever: 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
The Living Faith Church, popularly known as Winners Chapel International, has denied media reports that Bishop David Oyedepo was denied an entry visa into the United States.

It will be recalled some online and mainstream media (not The PUNCH) had claimed that Oyedepo was denied a visa into the US and alleged that he caused a scene at the embassy.

But in a statement on Friday, Chairman, Editorial and Media Board of Winners, Prof. Sheriff Folarin, debunked the report.

According to him, the Bishop was at no time denied an entry visa into the US.

He also explained that Oyedepo still has a valid US visa on his passport and would not have applied for another one yesterday (Thursday).

He said, "Mainstream and online media (not The PUNCH) spaces this morning (Friday) were abuzz with the news that Bishop David Oyedepo was denied an entry visa to the United States on Thursday, January 30, 2020. We wish to put it on record and categorically submit that this piece of information is not true. At no time was the Bishop denied a visa, nor did he create a scene at the US consulate in Lagos, as purported by some mainstream and online newspapers.

"The Bishop renewed his visa, last year, without any initial denial or drama, or scene. The Bishop was not at the Embassy or Consulate yesterday or even anytime this year. Bishop has been in Canaanland all this week. The last time he applied for a visa, which was last year, he was issued without delay."

He also explained that the US Embassy had denied the reports, uring journalists to verify their facts before publishing.

He added, "We have contacted the US Embassy and they are as surprised as we are about this FAKE NEWS, which some media houses decided to spread.

"We encourage the Nigerian media to always follow the line of due diligence before rushing to press and try to at least reach the church from time to time, whenever items try to pass through the rumour mill. Professionalism and wisdom require this so as to maintain integrity and make the media trusted in society, particularly in this age that fake news has become the news.

"Bishop Oyedepo is a good friend of the US government and has a very good relationship with US Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria. He is a social entrepreneur, who has touched so many lives in Nigeria, Africa, United States and all around the world."

https://mobile.twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1223248568477052930

Lalasticlala
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Witchersunited: 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
Good friend of the US government indeed, only a religious dunce will doubt the story, the embassy is trying to save face by denying the incident, how is Oyedepo a good friend of US government? He has been going to America since 1980 and till date no president has name dropped him or been snapped with him, I dislike many Nigerian pastors but Oyedepo is top of the list, dwarf manipulator.

Open the gates of hell for me, I am waiting, noise maker.
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by grandiose4ever: 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
Witchersunited:
Good friend of the US government indeed, only a religious dunce will doubt the story, the embassy is trying to save face by denying the incident, how is Oyedepo a good friend of US government? He has been going to America since 1980 and till date no president has name dropped him or been snapped with him, I dislike many Nigerian pastors but Oyedepo is top of the list, dwarf manipulator.

Lol the US embassy saving face lmao. When Saraki and Atiku where accused of being banned by US did you see US saving face... Eranko

Even if US is just denying incident, it means he is important enough for them to swiftly investigate and deny false report.

By the way Oyedepo is very much in Canaanland.
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by josielewa(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
Awon blogger blogger. If they sue them now, they will be saying they are stifling them....I just tire for naija

Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by paxonel(m): 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
This is hate speech..

Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Yales: 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Oga,you call a man who has served God with his whole life a dwarf and a manipulator,you have not listed to the scripture's injunction to bridle your tongue.you have just done yourself in.God help you.
Witchersunited:

Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Witchersunited: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
Yales:
Oga,you call a man who has served God with his whole life a dwarf and a manipulator,you have not listed to the scripture's injunction to bridle your tongue.you have just done yourself in.God help you.
he is also senile, I remember him spreading news that Buhari was cloned, reading a satire article on the nations newspaper as his evidence, he is a mad man with money, ill gotten money stolen from his members that forget their brains at home when they visit his church that isn’t even his child but a building he built with funds manipulated away from gullible people.
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Yales: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2020
Your case is a particularly sad one,for you to be this mad about somebody you do not know and have not had a personal contact with,just stories and rumours you read from social media.Sir,check your yourself,you are angry not with him but with yourself for not having what he has which is the living Jesus in his heart which off course translates to God's blessings upon his life.But you can have what he has,you can ask Jesus into your heart and he will bless you beyond your wildest dreams.Here is what we do in the living faith commission:we do not mind our mockers,we face our maker cause while our mockers are mocking,our maker is making us.watch it sir before depression sets in for you.God bless you and good night.
Witchersunited:
he is also senile, I remember him spreading news that Buhari was cloned, reading a satire article on the nations newspaper as his evidence, he is a mad man with money, ill gotten money stolen from his members that forget their brains at home when they visit his church that isn’t even his child but a building he built with funds manipulated away from gullible people.
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Came4amod: 5:21am On Feb 01, 2020
From a religious angle .. papa oyedepo is a great man of God .. but from another angle called social engineering.. which is what most pastors enjoy .. he is a successful man in the business .. no doubt

.. and if you think it's easy, go and build your own church.. but the beautiful thing is .. everyone will die.. so if u like .. eat well if you like .. be criticising people who are eating well the choice is yours grin
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Came4amod: 5:26am On Feb 01, 2020
Yales:
Your case is a particularly sad one,for you to be this mad about somebody you do not know and have not had a personal contact with,just stories and rumours you read from social media.Sir,check your yourself,you are angry not with him but with yourself for not having what he has which is the living Jesus in his heart which off course translates to God's blessings upon his life.But you can have what he has,you can ask Jesus into your heart and he will bless you beyond your wildest dreams.Here is what we do in the living faith commission:we do not mind our mockers,we face our maker cause while our mockers are mocking,our maker is making us.watch it sir before depression sets in for you.God bless you and good night.

Will u keep quiet .. u r a christian because of 1 major thing .. the environment in which u were brought up .. if you were born in china .. there is every possibility u will be woshipping Buda or something from China.. Thank you
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Yales: 8:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Point of correction,you are not in the place to tell me to keep quiet,so stop that.You people like to delude yourselves that nobody loves this God enough to want to serve him,even if I was living in Saudi Arabia,I will still love and serve this living God who is the king of kings.so quit telling me I would have served Buda or some other dead god,it is Jesus I have known a large part of my life,so take me to any part of the globe and I will still joyfully love and serve me.He has done and given me everything.Oga,accept Jesus and stop hoping you can turn people from following God ,multitudes all over the world have gone too far with this God,there are still people who have not bowed to baal.stop hoping and seeking the downfall and misfortune of believers,you people have been trolling and attacking believers for years but we have only grown and multiplied in the land like the israelites.so it has nothing to do with the environment.you need to know this God,knowing Him is the best experience anyone can have. He will soothe and calm your soul,and give you rest,peace and joy.God bless you sir. uote author=Came4amod post=86278177]

Will u keep quiet .. u r a christian because of 1 major thing .. the environment in which u were brought up .. if you were born in china .. there is every possibility u will be woshipping Buda or something from China.. Thank you [/quote]
Re: Winners Chapel Reacts To Allegations Of US Visa Denial To Bishop Oyedepo by Came4amod: 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
Yales:
Point of correction,you are not in the place to tell me to keep quiet,so stop that.You people like to delude yourselves that nobody loves this God enough to want to serve him,even if I was living in Saudi Arabia,I will still love and serve this living God who is the king of kings.so quit telling me I would have served Buda or some other dead god,it is Jesus I have known a large part of my life,so take me to any part of the globe and I will still joyfully love and serve me.He has done and given me everything.Oga,accept Jesus and stop hoping you can turn people from following God ,multitudes all over the world have gone too far with this God,there are still people who have not bowed to baal.stop hoping and seeking the downfall and misfortune of believers,you people have been trolling and attacking believers for years but we have only grown and multiplied in the land like the israelites.so it has nothing to do with the environment.you need to know this God,knowing Him is the best experience anyone can have. He will soothe and calm your soul,and give you rest,peace and joy.God bless you sir. uote author=Came4amod post=86278177]

Will u keep quiet .. u r a christian because of 1 major thing .. the environment in which u were brought up .. if you were born in china .. there is every possibility u will be woshipping Buda or something from China.. Thank you

Sir I am also a christian .. and we take things to heart too much . Well is the nature of the religion.. but I have not yet found one person who was anything from birth.. u are a christian because your parents were Christian's.. that's the plain truth sir .. and I am not trying to turn you away from God .. but what I am saying is the unbiased truth .. sorry for using the harsh word keep quiet ..

(1) (Reply)

Christian Fishseller In Portharcourt Returns Bundles Of Dollar Found In Carton / “don’t Forget Who You Are” / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.