Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) (466 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "The Kingdom Of God Suffers Violence..." / Why Was Jesus Christ Born Through Fornication? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
A dream I had in my early teenage age triggered in me an inner yearning for something pure. In the dream an helicopter with the inscription, "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand", hovered above my head for a long time. I woke up from the dream with a certain burning desire in my heart. At this time we were all Catholic faithfuls in my family. We were not used to studying the Bible, so I did not even know where to find this scripture.

With the desire I could not suppress, I asked my mother for permission to worship with another denomination and she obliged.

From my personal experience i can tell you that there are many truth thirsty souls in church. These people depend solely on that which they are fed with without making personal efforts to examine the scriptures which is detrimental to their spiritual growth. In this regard it is the responsibility of teachers and preachers to ensure that what they give out is nothing other than the truth.

At the Church I learnt about the subject of being born again. We were told, that getting born again was to be transformed instantly. After hearing a message all you need do is to acknowledge your sins, ask for forgiveness and confess Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, then you are born again. I accepted this as the truth and did as we were told. By doing this I felt I was ready for the eternal kingdom. I lived with this illusion for decades before I came to the recognition of the truth.

What really is the truth about being born again? In the light of the Holy Word, getting born again is not an instant thing. What happens instantly when the Word of God strikes a soul, is the initial igniting or awakening of the spirit to a new recognition. This awakening, which is the work of the Holy Spirit, triggers in the individual a desire to seek the truth, which can only be found in the Word. It drives him to consistently study and absorb the Word, which by living in accordance with it, gets him inwardly transformed. This inner transformation through the Word is the true meaning of being born again. It is a gradual process.

While answering Nicodemus who asked what it means to be born again, Jesus said, that to be born again is to be born of Water and of the Spirit (John 3:3-5). Being born of Water does not refer to water baptism as many do believe. Water baptism should symbolize an inner cleansing which has already taken place through the Word. Water in the context of this scripture represents the word of God.

Like water, the Holy Word washes, cleanses and detaches the Human Spirit from the works of the Darkness. When you consistently take in the Word, it fills your heart and renews your mind. This in turn affects your thoughts, your words and deeds. Whenever a thought filters into your heart, you will check to see if it aligns with the Word before you act on it. If it does not align with the Word, you discard such thought. By so doing, the Word keeps you away from wrong entanglements. The cleansing power of the Word gives the true meaning of being born of Water.

To be born of the spirit is not the same as being baptized in he Holy Spirit. There are many tongue speaking people who will not taste the bliss of heaven. To be born of the spirit means, to come alive in the spirit. It means to become spiritually mature. A man becomes spiritually mature when he recognizes the Will of God and swing in harmony with It. Spiritual maturity makes an individual to insist on the right volition because he knows, that whatever he does is a seed that must grow and bring back fruits to him. It makes a man to refrain from vengeance because he knows that the effect us of the laws of God bring about vengeance in the same way they bring blessings. A fully mature human spirit is completely changed and different from what he was before. He is pleasing to God because he Stands in His Will in Creation. Only such can be permitted into the kingdom of heaven. To be born of the spirit, you must first of all be born of water, the Word of God. The two must go together.

The cleansing and renewal work of the Holy Word which sheds off the weight of the works of the Darkness from the Human Spirit releases it to soar up. A Spirit thus released is light and soars higher and higher towards the regions of Light, so long as it strives to do what the Word says. At physical death, it lifts into that realm in heaven which corresponds to its level of lightness.

The man who has no knowledge of the truth cannot swing in line with the Will of the Creator. Such a person is spiritually dense. And though he professes to be born again, or speaks with the tongues of angels, he cannot ascend into the kingdom of life. He needs to shed off his spiritual weight through the Word, or it will compel him to descend into the regions of darkness.

In summation being born again is not an instant event, for you cannot receive a single teaching and claim to be totally transformed. It is not merely getting registered in a church. Getting born again in the true sense of the word, is the inner transformation of the Human Spirit springing from absorbing and living out the message of Christ. It is therefore a gradual process.

Notice that after upholding being born of Water and of the Spirit as the criteria to enter the kingdom of heaven, Christ also said, that only those who do the Will of His Father will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21). Comparing these two scriptures one fact leaps out. That being born of Water and of the Spirit is the same as doing the Will of God. Bear in mind that the Will of God is His Word.

There are many in Church who profess to be born again, yet are very ignorant of the truth. You can't profess to be born again when you are still praying for your enemies to die. That's against the love and forgiveness Christ taught. You cannot profess to be born again when as pastor you engage multitudes in unscriptural assignments that are equivalent to witchcraft. You cannot say you are born again when you know you pact with the devil to be empowered for miracles.

Dear gospel Minister, I am directing this message to you because the salvation of many Souls depend on you. You have great responsibility. The multitude of people that follow you are looking up to you. What you lead them to do is what they will do. It is your responsibility to lead them in the path of the truth. But you cannot give out what you don't have. You must exert yourself to know the truth and get it absorbed in you, so you can impart to them. Understand, that until the number of people you mislead with false teachings come to the recognition of the truth, you cannot be free. Therefore the time to redeem your Soul from the impending judgment is now!
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Aquilapriscilla: 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmm God help me
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aquilapriscilla:
Hmmm God help me
He certainly will help.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by JoyAda1234(f): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
You were a Roman Catholic?
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
JoyAda1234:
You were a Roman Catholic?
Yes. But that was many years ago. I was borne into Catholic, but I left when I was fifteen.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by hupernikao: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wakeupchristian:
One of the teachings of Christ that has been grossly misunderstood and spread through generations, is the subject of being born again. My personal experience makes me understand that the misconception is detrimental to the human Spirit. A dream I had when I was a teenager triggered in me an inner yearning for the truth. An helicopter with the inscription " Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand", was hovering above my head in the dream. At this time we were all Catholic faithfuls in the family. We were not used to reading the Bible, so I did not even know where to find this portion in the scriptures. With the burning desire for what was true I asked my mother for permission to worship with another denomination and she obliged.

There are many yearning Souls who run to the Church to seek the truth but end up being fed with distorted messages. At the Church I learnt about the subject of being born again. We were told, that getting born again was to be transformed instantly. After hearing a message that touches you, all you need do is to acknowledge your sins, ask for forgiveness and confess Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. You are saved by grace. I accepted this as the truth and did as we were told. By this I felt I was born again, ready to make the kingdom. I lived in this illusion for decades before I came to the recognition of the truth.

What really is the truth about being born again? In the light of the Holy Word, getting born again is not a thing that happens instantly. What happens instantly on hearing a message that touches certain aspects of your life, is the initial ignition, or awakening of your spirit. This ignition is the work of the Spirit of Truth. It triggers in you the desire to seek the truth. This truth can only be found in the Holy Word, the Message of Christ. The inner yearning drives you to consistently study and absorb this message and get inwardly transformed through it. This inner transformation through the Word is the true meaning of being born again. Its a gradual process.

Observe, that while answering Nicodemus, who tried to take this subject from a literal point of view, Jesus' response points to the fact, that in talking about being born again, He was actually referring to being born of Water and of the Spirit (John 3:3-5). Being born of Water does not refer to water baptism as many do believe. Water baptism only symbolises an inner cleansing which has already taken place through the Word. Unfortunately this is not what happens today. Water here represents the word of God. True redemption actually lies in the Word, which functions in two ways to affect the Human Spirit.

Like water, the Holy Word washes the Human Spirit clean, and renews the mind. When you consistently take in the Word, it fills your heart and renews your mind. This affects your thoughts, your words and deeds. Whenever a thought filters into your heart, you will check to see if it aligns with the Word of God before you act on it. If it does not align with the Word, you avoid or discard such thought. By so doing, the Word keeps you away from wrong entanglements. This is the cleansing power of the Word, and the true meaning of being born of Water.

Being born of the Spirit does not imply the baptism in the Holy Spirit, or speaking in tongues. There are many who speak in tongues but have not yet come to the recognition of the truth. Baptism in the Holy Spirit though important, is not a condition to enter God's kingdom, but being born of the Spirit is. When you are born of Water, you are undoubtedly born of the Spirit. The renewal and cleansing work of the Holy Word sheds off the weight of the works of darkness from the Human Spirit and releases it to soar up. A Spirit thus released is redeemed and liberated. He is light and feels it within himself. This is the true meaning of being born of the Spirit. This human Spirit will soar higher and higher towards the regions of light so long as it strives to do what the Word says. Its final destination is in the kingdom of God.

The man who has no knowledge of the truth cannot swing in line with the Will of the Creator. Such a person is spiritually dense. And though he professes to be born again, or speaks with the tongues of angels, he cannot ascend into Luminous Heights. He needs to shed off his spiritual weight through the Word, or it will compel him to descend into lower and darker regions.

As a final word, being born again is not a mere confession, for it should be out of the fullness of your heart that your mouth should speak. It is not an instant event for you cannot receive a single teaching and claim to be totally transformed. It is not getting registered in a church, for Christ said, " Not every one who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven" (Matthew 7:21). Getting born again in the true sense of the word, is the inner transformation of the human Spirit springing from absorbing and living out the message of Christ. Its therefore a gradual process.

Notice, that after saying the condition to enter God's kingdom is to be born of Water and of the Spirit, Jesus went further to say, that only those who do the Will of the Father will be qualified to enter the kingdom. Comparing these statements a fact leaps out. That being born of Water and of the Spirit is the same as doing the Will of God. Jesus made the latter statement because He knew, that in later times many would be confused about the subject of being born again as it is today.

There are many in Church who profess to be born again, yet are very ignorant of the truth. You can't profess to be born again when you are still praying for your enemies to die. That's against the love and forgiveness Christ taught. You cannot profess to be born again when you engage multitudes in unscriptural assignments that are equivalent to witchcraft. You cannot say you are born again when you know you are pacting with the devil to be empowered for miracle's.

Dear gospel Minister, I am directing this message to you because the salvation of many Souls depend on you. You have great responsibility. The multitude of people that follow you are looking up to you. What you lead them to do is what they will do. It is your responsibility to lead them in the path of the truth. But you cannot give out what you don't have. You must exert yourself to know the truth and get it absorbed in you, so you can impart to them. Understand, that until the number of people you mislead with false teachings come to the recognition of the truth, you cannot be free. Therefore the time to redeem your Soul from the impending judgment is now!

You can't passionately use your experience to explain the scriptures but neglect scriptural context because reading your thoughts into the scriptures or making it says what it never said isn't poor exegesis but an eisegesis.

In all literatures or writings that ever existed CONTEXT IS ALWAYS KING. When your explanation deviates from context, then it's your thoughts not the intent of the author.

The author has an intent when he was inspired to write (contextually), that same intent is what we should find out and what our explanation should carry and never deviate from it.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
hupernikao:

You can't passionately use your experience to explain the scriptures but neglect scriptural context because reading your thoughts into the scriptures or making it says what it never said isn't poor exegesis but an eisegesis.

In all literatures or writings that ever existed CONTEXT IS ALWAYS KING. When your explanation deviates from context, then it's your thoughts not the intent of the author.

The author has an intent when he was inspired to write (contextually), that same intent is what we should find out and what our explanation should carry and never deviate from it.
Although you have not said exactly what is out of context in the post, you have to understand, that most of Christ's teachings were folded in parables. All the same, you have read the message. And as a free will agent, you have a choice to make. You are not under compulsion to accept the message. You can choose to either accept or reject it.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by hupernikao: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wakeupchristian:

Although you have not said exactly what is out of context in the post, you have to understand, that most of Christ's teachings were folded in parables. All the same, you have read the message. And as a free will agent, you have a choice to make. You are not under compulsion to accept the message. You can choose to either accept or reject it.

Christ teachings in parable are well documented and clear. The discussion at hand aren't parable but explanation of what Nicodemus asked.

The issue here is we can't be making assumptions on plain text as the OP did. If we examine the OP both in context and the spirit of the epistles, the OP will not qualify as proper and right explanation. There are lots of assumptions and you can't read your assumptions into the scriptures and get it right.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by hupernikao: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wakeupchristian:
One of the teachings of Christ that has been grossly misunderstood and spread through generations, is the subject of being born again. My personal experience makes me understand that the misconception is detrimental to the human Spirit. A dream I had when I was a teenager triggered in me an inner yearning for the truth. An helicopter with the inscription " Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand", was hovering above my head in the dream. At this time we were all Catholic faithfuls in the family. We were not used to reading the Bible, so I did not even know where to find this portion in the scriptures. With the burning desire for what was true I asked my mother for permission to worship with another denomination and she obliged.
the truth and did as we were told. By this I felt I was born again, ready to make the kingdom. I lived in this illusion for decades before I came to the recognition of the truth.

Therefore the time to redeem your Soul from the impending judgment is now!

For example, let's test the write up.

Can you back up below with scriptures. Use scriptural evidence to show this

Case 1:

What really is the truth about being born again? In the light of the Holy Word, getting born again is not a thing that happens instantly.

Use scriptures to defend the above.

Case 2:

What happens instantly on hearing a message that touches certain aspects of your life, is the initial ignition, or awakening of your spirit. This ignition is the work of the Spirit of Truth. It triggers in you the desire to seek the truth. This truth can only be found in the Holy Word, the Message of Christ. The inner yearning drives you to consistently study and absorb this message and get inwardly transformed through it.

Use scriptural evidence to explain this. That such man describes above is not born again yet has the holyghost and get get transformed inwardly.

Case 3:

This inner transformation through the Word is the true meaning of being born again. Its a gradual process.

Also, this, give scriptural explanation. That being born again is a gradual process.

Bearing in mind the writings and emphasis of the epistle writers and their audience concerning the spirit.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
hupernikao:

For example, let's test the write up.

Can you back up below with scriptures. Use scriptural evidence to show this

Case 1:

Use scriptures to defend the above.

Case 2:

Use scriptural evidence to explain this. That such man describes above is not born again yet has the holyghost and get get transformed inwardly.

Case 3:

Also, this, give scriptural explanation. That being born again is a gradual process.

Bearing in mind the writings and emphasis of the epistle writers and their audience concerning the spirit.
Christ said when the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. I know certainly, that when your understanding is unveiled, these questions will be immaterial. All I can wish you is a quick awakening to truth and reality.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by hupernikao: 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
Wakeupchristian:

Christ said when the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. I know certainly, that when your understanding is unveiled, these questions will be immaterial. All I can wish you is a quick awakening to truth and reality.

Spirit of truth...
Not sure you understand what you are writing. To be sincere with you, this is a very lazy way to answer questions from the scriptures. It's easy to run up and post things making claims but hard for you to explain. If this is how Jesus, Paul and other apostles handles scriptures, you won't ever know anything today. You can imagine questioning Paul's doctrine and he says what you said above.

I raised cases for you based on your assumption and you can't even try to defend any. Is this how to contend. This is one reason faith is being ridicule around as even the believers themselves can't intelligently present their argument with logical explanations than hiding behind holyghost will reveal.

A teacher of the gospel must be apt, ready to teach, to explain, to convince and Likewise understand his doctrine well.

I will advise you to avoid posting things you can't explain or aren't ready to engage proper discussion on. That will be lazy and doesn't speak well of you.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by paxonel(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
I don't know what the op has concluded.
But i have been saying it a long time ago that the term born again used by Jesus to Nicodemus was to describe all the events that happened before Jesus was crucified.

Except a man followed Jesus and be his disciple following him in a journey that lasted from Galilee across cities to cities preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Jerusalem he cannot see the kingdom of God .

The kingdom of God was to be revealed at Jerusalem where Jesus was to be crucified hence there was need for the disciples to follow him to the place (Jerusalem).

Today, churches don't have a clue of what conspired in the bible, yet they will tell you that you must be born again.

What the contradiction and non sense.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
hupernikao:

Spirit of truth...
Not sure you understand what you are writing. To be sincere with you, this is a very lazy way to answer questions from the scriptures. It's easy to run up and post things making claims but hard for you to explain. If this is how Jesus, Paul and other apostles handles scriptures, you won't ever know anything today. You can imagine questioning Paul's doctrine and he says what you said above.

I raised cases for you based on your assumption and you can't even try to defend any. Is this how to contend. This is one reason faith is being ridicule around as even the believers themselves can't intelligently present their argument with logical explanations than hiding behind holyghost will reveal.

A teacher of the gospel must be apt, ready to teach, to explain, to convince and Likewise understand his doctrine well.

I will advise you to avoid posting things you can't explain or aren't ready to engage proper discussion on. That will be lazy and doesn't speak well of you.

Thanks a lot.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by spartan117(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
Any personal experience that does not have a scriptural foundation should be disregarded.

Now let's examine what the Word of Jesus says about salvation

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Your belief and your confession of Jesus Christ is the only requirement to get saved

1 Like

Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2020
spartan117:
Any personal experience that does not have a scriptural foundation should be disregarded.

Now let's examine what the Word of Jesus says about salvation

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Your belief and your confession of Jesus Christ is the only[/b
requirement to get [b]saved
Very true. The part two of "Born Again" comes up tomorrow. There I will take about what it means to believe in Christ. Please endeavor to follow.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by hupernikao: 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
Wakeupchristian:

Very true. The part two of "Born Again" comes up tomorrow. There I will take about what it means to believe in Christ. Please endeavor to follow.

Bro, you still want to write part two when you haven't done any explanation or discussion on the one you wrote. Writing and teaching must be done to help others not for writing sake. That is knowledge driven by love for others.

Don't write on things you can't explain or can't defend when questioned. You will be doing more harm to the church than good with such writings.

A good heart with a wrong perception is as much as cutting off someone's head to save his body.

The knowledge passed from wrong doctrine on a person is more severe than ignorance itself. Let's be careful.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by ublight: 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
grail message adherent spotted. I have successfully converted one of your adherents. Grail message is a piece of dumb book
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by Wakeupchristian: 7:24am On Apr 06, 2020
ublight:
grail message adherent spotted. I have successfully converted one of your adherents. Grail message is a piece of dumb book
I sincerely would advice, that you endeavor to briddle your tongue, for you will be accountable for every idle word you speak.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by ublight: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
Wakeupchristian:

I sincerely would advice, that you endeavor to briddle your tongue, for you will be accountable for every idle word you speak.

that abd ru shin guy is a comedian, look, grail message is for the indolent. People that cant read bible properly
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) by ublight: 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
Wakeupchristian:

one of your members is now re greting y he gave me your books to read, i taught him proper bible interpretation. Forget grail nonsence, only christ saves. And karma is a false teaching

(1) (Reply)

Suicides After Social Distancing Lockdown / Nigerian Pastor Claims He Can Raise Abba Kyari From The Dead / We Are Not Illiterates & Gullible As Your Followers–Dr Idee Charles To Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.