Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? (3122 Views)

Any Time I Turn Him Down He Goes To Bed , Is Everything Alright? - Lady Seek Adv / Hauwa, Adam Nuru's Wife Packs Out Of Husband's House, May Seek Divorce / Wife Seek Divorce Of 12-year-old Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by bnmbv: 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Please this is true life story. Very honest opinions will be appreciated.
I have been married for 14 years blessed with 2 girls, and 2 boys 12, 11, 9 and 7 years. We live in Denver Colorado, by God’s grace I am financially okay, I relocated to the states because it was my wife’s greatest desire, but this will be a move that has become an albatross that I have been carrying on my shoulders.
I am not perfect, but I believe were true love dwells, things and issues can always be negotiated.
The vast majority of all the problems in my family stems around disrespect. Moreover, my wife has this uncanny ability to keep malice without getting tired, because of this, anytime we have misunderstanding which most of the time I do not even create, It is either I make effort to find a solution, or I will allow the matter to linger on and then become overtaken by events. At any time she desires, she can leave the house at will without saying a word, if I ask she replies by saying that I should also not tell her when I am leaving home. This can be very disheartening. There are many other things.
I cannot recount here in one goal; otherwise this piece will be too bulky and boring to read.
Sex is dead, we can go for days, weeks and months without it, we do it once in a while following pressure upon pressure or when she wants it. I literally cook for my self
To be honest, she has been like this during courtship, but I made some error of judgement hoping that she will change; this was interlaced with a tinge of deceit from her mother.
Be that as it may, I take full responsibility for my choices because advertently or inadvertently, she was the choice I made.
While dating, I noticed this constant bickering between her and her younger her elder siblings and maternal uncle and aunts, but she and her mother waived the observation away that it was because she has a different father from the her siblings. She is not in touch with her father and her father’s family members, because her mother raised her away from her father. I later realized just a year ago from a family of hers I met in California who grew up together with her that the root of her malicious relationship with her siblings and maternal family was anchored on her mother, who was always shielding her away from the chastising of family members while she was younger. I confronted her mother with this information and she apologized that she was at her wits end and she could not afford to jeopardize her daughter’s wedding so she has to lie.
The problem now is that, there is nobody that can intervene, I have suggested counselling, but she will have none of it because she feels that everybody has a problem and not her. Her mother dare not intervene because she is the only one supporting her mother financially; the other siblings told me they are fed up with her and their mother. She does not even speak with her siblings and maternal family members
I am particularly worried about the kids because she vents her anger on them at will. This is one of the reasons I have been hanging on because I am scared for the kids.
Unfortunately, I was recently diagnosed of high blood pressure, I am 48 years, and I have been advised to stay out of the stress. The issue of this marriage is such a big stress for me. It is even worse because I sleep in the room with the children while she has a room to herself. This is because I snore, this has further worsen emotional connections in the family, imagine I have to go to her for sex and companionship in our room (but now her room) and in about 80 percent of cases I am turned down, with one excuse or the other.
My heart bleeds especially any time she screams down on the children unnecessarily, or when she leaves home without telling me and especially her ‘you can go and die ‘attitude towards me. They are all too heavy for me. I must have to decide whether to hang on because of the kids or to save myself.
For now I will like to hear from you guys.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by donstan18: 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
You noticed her bad character during courtship but ignored it hoping she'll change?

Trust me, that's a move and decision you'll live to regret so long as you keep living with her.

I'll divorce her if i were you, because I wouldn't want to die before my time or find happiness outside and end up cheating. And also for the sake of my kids happiness.

To anyone reading this, one of the best way to know a woman very well before getting married to her is by making secret inquiries and findings about her mother. It helps a lot.

Because 99% of ladies are nothing but replicas of their mother[Especially first daughters].

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Oluneutral: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Another one..........

Life is more important than marriage.

It is only when one is alive that he can remain married.

Please, for your health and sanity sake, separate, (not divorce o) for a while and watch whether she'll miss you or ready to change. Her actions and inactions during the separation period will determine whether you people can come back together.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Froshloaded: 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
Sir, this relationship is not having a destination... Divorce is important, though it will affect the kids..
But before getting the divorce ,see a therapist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Reichel99(f): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
You don't have a wife anymore, all you have now is an housemate.
Just tell her parents all you have said here, I think they would use their Church mind to know you ain't at fault when you tell her it is over between the two of you, if her parents talk to her and she refused to change. Then just divorce and let peace reign.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by SUPERPACK: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
If love is blind then marriage is an eye opener.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by mannymie01: 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
Every mallam with hin own kettle, you've been accommodating her excess for the past 14 years even before your marriage, what now changed? I guess you've seen one young girl lipsrsealed ..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by wunmi590(m): 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
One of reason why most men prefer to leave their wifes here in Nigeria and travel abroad, and be sending them money.

Once they are with you over there, most times most of them always believe, they have upper hand, be Use the law actually favoured them there than here.

When this get to front page, I might share similar scenario, of a family very close to me....

Just please take good care of yourself.

Health is wealth, atleast for the sake of your children.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Oluneutral: 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
donstan18:
[b]You noticed her bad character during courtship but ignored it hoping she'll change?[b]

Trust me, that's a move and decision you'll live to regret so long as you keep living with her.

I'll divorce her if i were you, because I wouldn't want to die before my time or find happiness outside and end up cheating. And also for the sake of my kids happiness.

To anyone reading this, one of the best way to know a woman very well before getting married to her is by making secret inquiries and findings about her mother. It helps a lot.

Because 99% of ladies are nothing but replicas of their mother[Especially first daughters].

That's the mistake many people make, thinking you or marriage can change anyone.

Believe me, anything anyone is during courtship, s/he will be times ten when married.

If a person possesses any attitude you can't condone while dating, please, run. Marriage doesn't change anyone.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by yomi007k(m): 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2020
The only question I have is If you go ahead with the divorce, who will benefit more?

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Saintmary(f): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
bnmbv:
Please this is true life story. Very honest opinions will be appreciated.
I have been married for 14 years blessed with 2 girls, and 2 boys 12, 11, 9 and 7 years. We live in Denver Colorado, by God’s grace I am financially okay, I relocated to the states because it was my wife’s greatest desire, but this will be a move that has become an albatross that I have been carrying on my shoulders.
I am not perfect, but I believe were true love dwells, things and issues can always be negotiated.
The vast majority of all the problems in my family stems around disrespect. Moreover, my wife has this uncanny ability to keep malice without getting tired, because of this, anytime we have misunderstanding which most of the time I do not even create, It is either I make effort to find a solution, or I will allow the matter to linger on and then become overtaken by events. At any time she desires, she can leave the house at will without saying a word, if I ask she replies by saying that I should also not tell her when I am leaving home. This can be very disheartening. There are many other things.
I cannot recount here in one goal; otherwise this piece will be too bulky and boring to read.
Sex is dead, we can go for days, weeks and months without it, we do it once in a while following pressure upon pressure or when she wants it. I literally cook for my self
To be honest, she has been like this during courtship, but I made some error of judgement hoping that she will change; this was interlaced with a tinge of deceit from her mother.
Be that as it may, I take full responsibility for my choices because advertently or inadvertently, she was the choice I made.
While dating, I noticed this constant bickering between her and her younger her elder siblings and maternal uncle and aunts, but she and her mother waived the observation away that it was because she has a different father from the her siblings. She is not in touch with her father and her father’s family members, because her mother raised her away from her father. I later realized just a year ago from a family of hers I met in California who grew up together with her that the root of her malicious relationship with her siblings and maternal family was anchored on her mother, who was always shielding her away from the chastising of family members while she was younger. I confronted her mother with this information and she apologized that she was at her wits end and she could not afford to jeopardize her daughter’s wedding so she has to lie.
The problem now is that, there is nobody that can intervene, I have suggested counselling, but she will have none of it because she feels that everybody has a problem and not her. Her mother dare not intervene because she is the only one supporting her mother financially; the other siblings told me they are fed up with her and their mother. She does not even speak with her siblings and maternal family members
I am particularly worried about the kids because she vents her anger on them at will. This is one of the reasons I have been hanging on because I am scared for the kids.
Unfortunately, I was recently diagnosed of high blood pressure, I am 48 years, and I have been advised to stay out of the stress. The issue of this marriage is such a big stress for me. It is even worse because I sleep in the room with the children while she has a room to herself. This is because I snore, this has further worsen emotional connections in the family, imagine I have to go to her for sex and companionship in our room (but now her room) and in about 80 percent of cases I am turned down, with one excuse or the other.
My heart bleeds especially any time she screams down on the children unnecessarily, or when she leaves home without telling me and especially her ‘you can go and die ‘attitude towards me. They are all too heavy for me. I must have to decide whether to hang on because of the kids or to save myself.
For now I will like to hear from you guys.
Sorry Mr, go see a therapist for your own mental health and take your children along sometime soon.
Don't try to change a person who sees nothing wrong about herself.
You can pull through.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Mstick: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Let us hear from the woman first, strungup saga have thought me a thing about judging from one side of a story.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by rain21(f): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
It seems she has fallen out of love with you.maybe there are things that must have happened for it to get to this stage.

What I don't understand tho is the reason she would treat her kids that way too.
If you go ahead with the divorce, will the kids stay with you or with her? your youngest child is 7 and would still need motherly care which she is not even giving in the first place.

Call her,sit her down and have a lengthy discussion with her on the way to go. If she agrees to a divorce or separation first then fine but she should know that you are fed up with the marriage already and want nothing but happiness and peace which the marriage is not giving you.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
bnmbv:
She is not in touch with her father and her father’s family members, because her mother raised her away from her father. I later realized just a year ago from a family of hers I met in California who grew up together with her that the root of her malicious relationship with her siblings and maternal family was anchored on her mother, who was always shielding her away from the chastising of family members while she was younger. I confronted her mother with this information and she apologized that she was at her wits end and she could not afford to jeopardize her daughter’s wedding so she has to lie.

PERHAPS,
THERE IS NONE MORE MALICIOUS AND BITTER, LIKE THE ONE WHO WAS RAISED BY A MALICIOUS AND BITTER SINGLE MOTHER.

AT 48 YOU'RE ALREADY HAVING HIGH BP. FROM YOUR STORY I DOUBT YOU EVEN HAVE SIX MORE MONTHS TO LIVE BEFORE YOU DIE FROM A HEART ATTACK.

WITH THE WAY I LOVE SERENITY, I WOULD HAVE SENT HER PACKING.. ASSUMING I WAS FOOLISH ENOUGH TO EVEN MARRY AND STAY MARRIED TO SOMEONE LIKE THAT FOR OVER 13 YEARS.

MARTINEZ39.MARTINEZ39S.UBUNJA.MJBOLT.ASTROG.JOHNNYSPUTE.EMMAODET.OMAR09.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Graxie(f): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Keep praying for her, endure and be petting her. Our fathers did it, you can. You will not die. I am very sure many idiots will quote me, fools will advocate for divorce because you are a man. Oga, you are taking all what you wrote from her because you are not in Nigeria. Assuming you are here, you would have sent her packing. When we say nobody deserves to be in an abusive marriage, religious fanatics and useless boys will claim otherwise. Kudos, just know you are not doing any good to the kids.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Martinez39s(m): 12:11am On Feb 01, 2020
Graxie:
Keep praying for her, endure and be petting her. Our fathers did it, you can. You will not die. I am very sure many idiots will quote me, fools will advocate for divorce because you are a man. Oga, you are taking all what you wrote from her because you are not in Nigeria. Assuming you are here, you would have sent her packing. When we say nobody deserves to be in an abusive marriage, religious fanatics and useless boys will claim otherwise. Kudos, just know you are not doing any good to the kids.
What's your point exactly? You tried to say something but your emotions and disdain for men and the nonexistent misogynistic patriarchy collided with reasoning such that you ended up saying nothing. I am sure you are very much like the OP's wife and you support her that's why you never condemned the toxicity of his wife and you seem happy and satisfied with the OP's ordeal.

"Oga, you are taking all what you wrote from her because you are not in Nigeria. Assuming you are here, you would have sent her packing."
What the hell is this nonsense supposed to illustrate and how is it relevant? You are full of shìt.

"Kudos, just know you are not doing any good to the kids."
If a man divorcing his terrible and toxic wife isn't doing any good to his kids, would you also say a woman divorcing a terrible and toxic husband isn't doing any good to her kids?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Martinez39s(m): 12:21am On Feb 01, 2020
Before you divorce her, trying moving back to Nigeria to settle. If you divorce her over there, the divorce courts will demolish you and that would be a more devastating end to what is already a terrible situation. Beside, you are the willful architect of your ordeal via your stupidity. You saw signs of toxicity during your courtship but you still married her instead of dumping her like all smart men would do. Not only that, it had to take you 14 good years of a terrible marriage before you could think of doing something. And show how great your stupidity is and how weak your spine is, you are not even sure on what to do. Weak and stupid men don't get or deserve any pity from me.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by cococandy(f): 12:56am On Feb 01, 2020
Don’t beg for love.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by bnmbv: 12:58am On Feb 01, 2020
Martinez39s:
What's your point exactly? You tried to say something but your emotions and disdain for men and the nonexistent misogynistic patriarchy collided with reasoning such that you ended up saying nothing. I am sure you are very much like the OP's wife and you support her that's why you never condemned the toxicity of his wife and you seem happy and satisfied with the OP's ordeal.

"Oga, you are taking all what you wrote from her because you are not in Nigeria. Assuming you are here, you would have sent her packing."
What the hell is this nonsense supposed to illustrate and how is it relevant? You are full of shìt.

"Kudos, just know you are not doing any good to the kids."
If a man divorcing his terrible and toxic wife isn't doing any good to his kids, would you also say a woman divorcing a terrible and toxic husband isn't doing any good to her kids?
I also got really confused. I read it twice, still confused

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by bnmbv: 12:59am On Feb 01, 2020
cococandy:
Don’t beg for love.
Exactly
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by bnmbv: 1:00am On Feb 01, 2020
Martinez39s:
Before you divorce her, trying moving back to Nigeria to settle. If you divorce her over there, the divorce courts will demolish you and that would be a more devastating end to what is already a terrible situation. Beside, you are the willful architect of your ordeal via your stupidity. You saw signs of toxicity during your courtship but you still married her instead of dumping her like all smart men would do. Not only that, it had to take you 14 good years of a terrible marriage before you could think of doing something. And show how great your stupidity is and how weak your spine is, you are not even sure on what to do. Weak and stupid men don't get or deserve any pity from me.
you have a point.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Belafonte(m): 1:08am On Feb 01, 2020
HBP at 48. You obviously don’t value your life. If you die she will move on speedily and your children will live their lives with occasional, random memories of you. None of them will follow you into the grave. Open your sense.

Divorce is a super valid option. You will be shocked to know that you are even failing your kids. Dem no dey take soft hand handle woman. Your wife is a bully to your household because you have given her free rein to behave without control. Someone is abusing your children and you cannot defend and protect them because she’s your wife and their mother? Oga, give yourself brain. Parental abuse leads to low self esteem and resentment in children. Protect your damn kids, mahn.

If you’re scared of being divorce-raped, draw a two year plan that involves you transferring your assets to Nigeria and starting a business here. Finally, sell off the house when everything done set. Na madness dem dey take cure madness.

OR

You can just sit there and lament your years away as your ill-mannered wife ruins your life and that of your children. Your choice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by bnmbv: 1:14am On Feb 01, 2020
Belafonte:
HBP at 48. You obviously don’t value your life. If you die she will move on speedily and your children will live their lives with occasional, random memories of you. None of them will follow you into the grave. Open your sense.

Divorce is a super valid option. You will be shocked to know that you are even failing your kids. Dem no dey take soft hand handle woman. Your wife is a bully to your household because you have given her free rein to behave without control. Someone is abusing your children and you cannot defend and protect them because she’s your wife and their mother? Oga, give yourself brain. Parental abuse leads to low self esteem and resentment in children. Protect your damn kids, mahn.

If you’re scared of being divorce-raped, draw a two year plan that involves you transferring your assets to Nigeria and starting a business here. Finally, sell off the house when everything done set. Na madness dem dey take cure madness.

OR

You can just sit there and lament your years away as your ill-mannered wife ruins your life and that of your children. Your choice.
Deep. Very deep. You have captured so many things that you did not even realise. From.what the doctors said the BP must have been there for at least 4 years without my knowing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by poshestmina(f): 1:21am On Feb 01, 2020
She's prolly going to change when you are 6"fts below the ground.

Marriage is not a do or die affair Mr.

You're married to a bitter , destructive sadist !
Who keeps grudges with their blood for years without wanting reconciliation.

If she can hate her own siblings and father , treat her own KIDS with contempt....why do you think you are in anyway special?

For your own Sanity , health and peace of mind ...and your kids too.

Please GET A DIVORCE after getting all of your investments out of her reach.

If it's possible,plan to relocate so you can stay far from her as possible.

Only thing I fear is ,you might not have access to your kids any longer .

A divorced man is better than a dead father.

I wish you well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Martinez39s(m): 1:25am On Feb 01, 2020
bnmbv:
I also got really confused. I read it twice, still confused
She posted utter nonsense. That moniker is a feminist of misandric proportion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Belafonte(m): 1:26am On Feb 01, 2020
bnmbv:
Deep. Very deep. You have captured so many things that you did not even realise. From.what the doctors said the BP must have been there for at least 4 years without my knowing.

You have to understand that you and your wife are playing by different rules. She doesn’t care about you or your marriage. She simply wants to do as she pleases. Perhaps, that’s the reason she pressured you into moving to the US because she was aware of their femcentric laws. Now she has what she wants, you may go to hell.

According to your narration, she is a selfish and cantankerous woman, a deadly combo. You can never do anything to please her and, in fact, the more you do to please her and make the marriage work, the more you disgust her. Oga, your marriage is over if you have no one to tell you, hear it now.

Make your plans to end things without her knowledge or she will sabotage you, first by begging and promising to change (which she won’t), and then by hatching secret plans of her own.

You owe yourself happiness.

One final thing: “the person who doesn’t need the relationship has the most power in the relationship and controls it.”- Robert Greene.

Open your sense

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by bnmbv: 1:33am On Feb 01, 2020
I begin to fear your submissions. It appears you reside with us.You know even the things I skipped You are perfectly right, nothing I do ever pleases her. Nothing. I mean Nothing.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Omar09(m): 2:52am On Feb 01, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

PERHAPS,
THERE IS NONE MORE MALICIOUS AND BITTER, LIKE THE ONE WHO WAS RAISED BY A MALICIOUS AND BITTER SINGLE MOTHER.

AT 48 YOU'RE ALREADY HAVING HIGH BP. FROM YOUR STORY I DOUBT YOU EVEN HAVE SIX MORE MONTHS TO LIVE BEFORE YOU DIE FROM A HEART ATTACK.

WITH THE WAY I LOVE SERENITY, I WOULD HAVE SENT HER PACKING.. ASSUMING I WAS FOOLISH ENOUGH TO EVEN MARRY AND STAY MARRIED TO SOMEONE LIKE THAT FOR OVER 13 YEARS.

MARTINEZ39.MARTINEZ39S.UBUNJA.MJBOLT.ASTROG.JOHNNYSPUTE.EMMAODET.OMAR09.

He saw the character of hers whilst dating.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Omar09(m): 2:56am On Feb 01, 2020
bnmbv:
I begin to fear your submissions. It appears you reside with us.You know even the things I skipped You are perfectly right, nothing I do ever pleases her. Nothing. I mean Nothing.
bro quietly and jejely listen to Belafonte. Do as he said without skipping any thing. Keep it at the back of your head and delete this page ask the mods to do it for you. So you don't leave traces. Do as Belafonte said!
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Purelady(f): 2:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Is there no end to all these issues You saw it coming op but you choose to ignore,God help you, never beg for love. : shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 01, 2020
Give it like 8 or 9 years more until the last child is old enough to take it emotionally, before you divorce her. Otherwise, because you're in the US, she will get custody and you may not even get proper visitation rights. If you are sad because of her behaviour with them when you are there, imagine how much harder it will hit you when you are not there and she is using their misery to spite you. Apart from the kids, you have nothing to attach you to her; so learn to ignore her, live your life, and don't bother yourself with what she does.

Oh, and no more sex. First, you're not her sex slave for 'when she wants it', and second, you might catch something nasty to add to your woes.

Meanwhile, open a new secret bank account in Nigeria and start moving your funds down there. Very gradually sell off anything valuable that you have and put it in hidden investments in Nigeria (stocks, bonds, real estate). Whatever you do, don't keep any documentation at home, get a safe deposit box or keep them with a trusted family member. Also, if you are working at a job, get ready to be fired just before divorce. Leave just a very little bit of savings exposed in your long term bank account and apply for unemployment benefits (the US has them even for certain categories of non-citizens). Take out a first, second and third mortgage on the house if you can. That way, she gets almost nothing from you. You can then hang around the US for a few more years until your eldest ones graduate college and your youngest is above 18, then come back to Nigeria and live off your investments. By the time she realises that the kids hate her and everyone has abandoned her to be shitting her pants in her senile old age, she will understand how important manners are in life.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? by Karleb(m): 7:09am On Feb 01, 2020
Bad choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wives Rule Your Marriage / Woman's Inability To Keep Their Word / Swimming Lessons For Abuja Residents!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.