Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Scam Of 8am-5pm... The Lagos Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Scam Of 8am-5pm... The Lagos Life (356 Views)

Scam Of Traditional Education: Embracing The Power Of Skills In Modern Society / The Scam Called Alajoonline / Technician Electrocuted At The Lagos House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Scam Of 8am-5pm... The Lagos Life by emtok(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
They say resumption is by 8am and closing by 5pm. Huge scam!!! When actually the time starts to count the very moment you wake up to prepare for work, be it 4am (or 3am for some Lagosians). The management care less whether you sleep on the roadside in a gridlock after you clock out of work, you must by 8am the next morning report for duty.

December 2018, I witnessed fully what Lagos workers call life. I arrived Lagos by 7pm and headed for my accommodation at ibeju...to cut the looong story short, Lagos traffic ensured I got to ibeju 12mins past 1am midnight. Yes you read that right 1:12am! That is not even the essence for the story. In the causeless gridlock that caused the delay, there was a staff bus of accelerate TV beside us. I saw the staffs already asleep in the bus. The lady closest to the window where I was seating, had her head against the window in high discomfort trying to catch some sleep, but she didn't have the space like the man beside her who was already in Dreamland. She just kept writhing in discomfort in her suit dress.

Guess what! By 5am, I was...
https://www.objectivegist.com.ng/2020/01/the-scam-of-8am-5pm-lagos-life.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#tescom Recruitment / start making Money With Side Hustle / Advice Needed On Choice Of Industry As A Sales Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.