Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Advice on buying Transmission On Ebay - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice on buying Transmission On Ebay (802 Views)

Transmission On 2004 Pontiac Vibe / He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car. / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice on buying Transmission On Ebay by mjksho(m): 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hello everyone.

I own a 2010 dodge caliber. The transmission doesn't shift properly. You can rev the car to 5000 RPM and the speed will not go past 30mph. Mechanics said the car needs a new transmission. I read online that it's a CVT.

I live in the US and I'm thinking about buying the transmission myself on ebay and paying for labor, fluid, and programming since the quote I'm getting is way too high. I intend to change the car in about a year and don't want to spend unnecessarily high amount of money on it but I need it to work well for now. Does anyone have advice on what to look for, be careful of, based on their experience? You can also suggest alternative websites or contacts or anything. Thank you.

cc gazzuzz, radautoworks, lexusgs430

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed / Auto Coolants - Why You Shudnt Mix / Hyundai Sonanta 2007 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.