Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? (41485 Views)

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Reply :should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Compa / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 01, 2020
Atleast every canadian citizens can afford going to america. How many Nigerians can afford going to america?
Trump is preventing our politicians looting our money to spend and hide in america.
We should be grateful.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by 1Dray(m): 9:31am On Feb 01, 2020
grin grin grin

Who send una? You will end up doing yourself more harm.

6 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

I want the whole Europe to ban Nigeria too
A country full of terrorists and zombies..
They burned a US flag in Abuja when a terrorist was killed in Iran
A poverty breeding capital of the world

Any country that voted a calamity like Buhari deserve such treatment abroad...

A lifeless dullard bereft of modern day leadership ideas required to revamp our ailing economy... Always traveling to embarrass the country at any given opportunity...

Spits ..
You sound very pained
Kpele kpele bros

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Truthbites: 9:32am On Feb 01, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

I want the whole Europe to ban Nigeria too
A country full of terrorists and zombies..
They burned a US flag in Abuja when a terrorist was killed in Iran
A poverty breeding capital of the world

Any country that voted a calamity like Buhari deserve such treatment abroad...

A lifeless dullard bereft of modern day leadership ideas required to revamp our ailing economy... Always traveling to embarrass the country at any given opportunity...

Spits ..

I do not only love your comment, I also love ur moniker. Hunt all Zombies, take them out, smoke them out, fish them out, hunt them down

11 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by berrystunn(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2020
FrLukas:
When South Africans were killing our brothers and we said, let's boycott their products here, how many people stopped using MTN for that period? How many people boycotted Shoprite?

Sorry, that idea, as good as it sounds won't fly.

The product in ShopRite is for Nigerians
60% shears in MTN is for Nigerians.

Boycotting our business.

African don't know how to boycott,
Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Bear007(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2020
Retaliate....

No oooooo,

Who you cannot fight, you leave em to God.

Trump is not reasonable ooo
Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by EagleNest(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2020
We have no bragging rights my friend. We simply need to sort ourselves out first before coming out to think of retaliation.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Ykc2(m): 9:34am On Feb 01, 2020
abhosts:
In 2018, When Donald Trump imposed steel tariffs against Canadian Steel, Many Canadians responded by boycotting made in USA products.

If Nigerians are not good enough to travel to the USA, should we continue to patronize American companies like Apple, Amazon, Hewlett-Packard, Ford, GM Motors, Godaddy, Namecheap, Tom Ford, DKNY, Boeing, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Levi's, Gap, etc?
show me any calvin Klein shop in lekki or Abuja show me any Ralph Lauren in onitsha or Ibadan as for American software companies Nigeria cant do without them grin

11 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Yankee101: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2020
What is your purchasing power?

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Truthbites: 9:35am On Feb 01, 2020
roymary:

I don't know what I was thinking to have voted for this kinda human being. Took my dear Nigeria back to stone age.

Confused leader. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Stone age is the word
Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Okwyjesus(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2020
abhosts:
In 2018, When Donald Trump imposed steel tariffs against Canadian Steel, Many Canadians responded by boycotting made in USA products.

If Nigerians are not good enough to travel to the USA, should we continue to patronize American companies like Apple, Amazon, Hewlett-Packard, Ford, GM Motors, Godaddy, Namecheap, Tom Ford, DKNY, Boeing, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Levi's, Gap, etc?

I like the ban. Kudos to US.
Nigeria is not working as a nation. When nations roars Nigeria should hide their face.

Nobody should quote me. This is new month a beg l no wan trouble

6 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Muhylonaire(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2020
Lwkmd... You wan to kill yourself grin grin
If all countries want to boycott anything, na like Nigeria grin don't make me laugh abeg

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Js22621: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2020
Come back to reality, get serious this time around and tell me "can Nigeria as a nation actually do without America? We sold it all out to them already and have nothing left. Nigeria is not self reliance and hence needs American more than they need us. This is not just the very end of it, America just started and will do even more. Once they start (good/bad) with u, they feed u until you are satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Jaqenhghar: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2020
abhosts:

.the questiin is how much do you contibute to their global profits? If you look at countries that buy american products Im sure Niggeria ranks among the lowest so boycotting wont make a difference

7 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Viking007(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
cheesy You want to retaliate against a country you depend on for financial assistance.

9 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by einsteine(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Yeah, same way the whole of West Africa should boycott Nigeria, right?

Nigerians overstay visas and want to leave their country at all costs. That's why no serious, large developed economy would have a visa-free agreement with Nigeria. For example, Ghanaians can travel to South Africa visa free and Nigerians can't.

Those are the issues here not whether Trump banned Nigerians. Nigeria has become so bad that no one wants to stay.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Truthbites: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
EagleNest:
We have no bragging rights my friend. We simply need to sort ourselves out first before coming out to think of retaliation.

I'm sure Mark Zuckerberg has more liquid cash than Nigeria. I beg let's better our country. ..these nations will look for us

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by 1Dray(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
allthingsgood:

If u insult me u will be reported. Go learn manners and self esteem.

Can you show us the insult? Except if you're saying or accepting that the president you campaigned for and went ahead and voted is not wise.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by sulaak(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Larryfest:
So Canada and Nigeria dey the same level right Our federal government better start prostrating to them so they can have mercy on Nigeria because the way things are going so many countries will still ban us.

You are wasting your time responding to that blockhead. The level of stupidity in Nigeria is shocking. Nigeria under Buhari now owes $10 billion to the world bank.

Nigeria Debt To World Bank Rises From $1.3bn To $9.81bn In One Year’

The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Development Association, which make up the World Bank, have over the years advanced loans to Nigeria.

The IBRD lends to governments of middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries while the IDA provides concessionary loans – called credits – and grants to governments of the poorest countries.

Nigeria’s debt to the IDA and IBRD stood at $9.41bn and N409.51m as of September 30, 2019, compared to $8.39bn and $124m in September 30, 2018, according to the DMO data.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Niceman4u(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Lol! Sounds funny. Is this not a laughable question?
Where is Nigeria in the community of great Nations?
Do u think those American companies u mentioned count Nigeria as a big market?
The truth is Trump does not reckon with Nigeria, he does not see the relevance of Nigeria in international trade.
Nigeria bycotting those companies won't reduce the significance and revenues of those companies.
The best thing is for Nigeria to improve its internal security and human rights records.
The ban is specifically about poor security and human rights abuses.
Let Nigeria work on itself.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by atmstyle: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
The most practical answer to the US visa ban is a fierce determination to fix the broken country.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by ooohoo: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2020
I think this isn't about discriminating against Nigeria. They gave reasons why they added Nigeria to the list, the question is, are the reasons valid?

We shouldn't all react with emotions. When you applied for a visa and tell the authorities you're going to spend 2 weeks, but end up spending forever, how do you want such country to react?

12 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
berrystunn:

The product in ShopRite is for Nigerians
60% shears in MTN is for Nigerians.

Boycotting our business.

African don't know how to boycott,

You are right, actually.
Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Femeto: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
OP u be dreamer o. We can only toughen the Visa law for their citizen to visit Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Jaqenhghar: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Yankee101:
What is your purchasing power?
Thay si the question. I wonder how people jist pull comparisons out of their ass for the sake of comparison. Bird vs lion , crocodile vs polar bear
Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by SmartMen: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

Full of hate and negativity, your perception is your reality.
yes, it is hate when they tell you people the truth. why do you Nigerian like living in denial? just why?

5 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by lomprico(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

That's your reality, are people not making it in this country?

yes, criminals.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Ykc2(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
allthingsgood:
The problem with Nigeria is disloyalty and sheet stupidity. Many Nigerians are opening teeth and dancing that trump banned us. In their mind since they know they will never get chance to travel out so they don't care. Foolishly they don't understand international politics and the effect of the ban on Nigeria internationally.

Take a look at the class of countries trump grouped us into. This is how we will be viewed by the international community. If u think the ban will punish the rich or elite that u so envy, think again. They are more connected and privileged that ur sorry poor dumb ass grin
let it affect every one so we can protest ,wetin you wan go do for America,how many American you don see dey drive taxi for lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by einsteine(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2020
abhosts:

Why not boycott Boeing too?

Nigeria is infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things. This graphic should help cure your illusions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by Truthbites: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
.the questiin is how much do you contibute to their global profits? If you look at countries that buy american products Im sure Niggeria ranks among the lowest so boycotting wont make a difference

Exactly! Na tokunbo we de buy sef. Buhari reduced our purchasing power.i so dislike d guy

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? by DexterousOne(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2020
abhosts:

The Nigerian govt is just stupid

We would have explored our diplomatic options and acted before this happened

Buhari has made it clear again and again that he does not give a fvck about the country or it's people, especially if you are from the south

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Accident On Calabar Itu Highway (Graphic Photos) / Terrible Accident Along Potiskum Road. Anybody Knows The Victims?(photos) / A Sinkhole Along The Kaduna-Zaria Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.