Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit (23330 Views)

Amotekun: South East Governors To Create Regional Security Outfit / Amotekun: South West Governors Say They Won’t Back Down / Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by MztrChukwu(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2020
The Yorubas have said that Only Omoluabi's will be recruited into the Amotekun Police.

The south east might follow suit.

then all region will have Tribal security outfits and boom!

Nigeria is divided �

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Blitzerz: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2020
Kobicove:
These so called security outfits will eventually metamorphose into ethnic militias! undecided
No problem!
We already have fulani ethnic militias sef
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Simbrixton(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2020
the fulani people should do everything in dere power to stop the easterners tho i want nigeria to split but the bitterness in d heart of igbos makes it hard to support them lemme sleep over it maybe my mood will improve

igbos are very bitter people

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by wink2015(m): 8:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Governors of the South-East states have concluded plans to establish a security outfit similar to ‘Operation Amotekun’ recently launched by their counterparts in the South West.

Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum and Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, announced this when he hosted the General Officer Commanding 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Lasisi Adegboye, in Abakaliki, the State Capital.

Although the name of the security outfit is yet to be made public, Channels Television gathered that the governors have written to the Federal Government, and also met with military authorities on their plan.

Governors of the South-East states have concluded plans to establish a security outfit similar to ‘Operation Amotekun’ recently launched by their counterparts in the South West.

Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum and Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, announced this when he hosted the General Officer Commanding 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Lasisi Adegboye, in Abakaliki, the State Capital.

Although the name of the security outfit is yet to be made public, Channels Television gathered that the governors have written to the Federal Government, and also met with military authorities on their plan.

Governor Umahi explained that there was need for synergy on the security outfit because of the benefits expected from it, especially given the successful implementation of the state’s neighbourhood watch initiative.

The move by the South-East governors comes on the heels of the controversy triggered by the launch of Operation Amotekun, an action the federal government initially kicked against, declaring it unconstitutional.

An agreement has, however, been reached between the Federal Government and the South-West governors on a legal framework for the establishment of the security outfit.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/01/31/amotekun-south-east-govs-write-fg-on-plan-to-establish-security-outfit/?fbclid=IwAR3jt5FZkZ4jB86GmpTpLkafizInnkJ0KUDcjE53HiBoLdJikLOhpbPtvjk]

Like the 2014 national conference report.

That letter to establish regional security outfit in the south east will only go into the archives.

The yorubas were first united and they took the bold step.

The Igbos political leaders in the south east are divided among themselves.

Only Ipob that is quite different.

Going to a fulani tyrant to get permission is just a laughable posture.

They should copy the yorubas and implement their own.

BUHARI AND THE NORTH WILL DEFINATELY NOT AGREE TO THE SECURITY OUTFIT.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 01, 2020
Dagrace01:
This too early! South east should have chilled until Amotekun starts full operation before they embark on theirs.
This may lead to the jeopardy of both because FG will be smelling stylish restructuring.
But once Amotekun is a success already, FG won't have a choice but to rubber stamp any other security outfit from other regions because what is good for the goose is likewise good for the gander.
We need to deal with this government with brainy and wise strategies. Sometimes I wonder the kinda advisers these political leaders use.
Hmmmmm!

Exactly. These Igbo pple are quite stupid tbh. You wait till Amotekun had been successfully legalized. Look at the framework, then replicate it.I’m sure the middle belt states and SS states, even some northern states were waiting for that. But these ones just act without thinking. Cho cho cho cho everywhere, always acting wt no sense. Everyone knows it will eventually be replicated across the country. They will soon bring their abusive bad mouth to hinder everything.

I swear those guys don’t have the words 'wisdom' or 'patience' in their dictionary, no wonder their plans always fail.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by benjida: 8:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Jackyboy:
Ona still dey plan?
When dem form dere own hisba or hisbab dem no pass tru all dis stress oh
Kontinue
God bless you. Instead of them to do what the southwest did, they are busy making noise. Eventually, the project will be abandoned after some "behind the scene" negotiations.
Bite before you bark! That's the way to go!!!

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Studyinchina200(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Lol

Jestin:
Every region should establish their own local security outfit since Nigeria police force is only interested in going after yahoo boys, commercial bus drivers and harmless innocent citizens to extort money from them. Useless police force
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Simbrixton(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2020
if the igbos had been wise with their utterrances against amotekun yorubas would have backed dese 200 percent lets see what happens
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by PharmAlfred: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2020
We are gradually returning to regional govt. Next is to fully restructure and let every one develop at his own pace.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Bbbwings: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2020
fairfora:
Why write the federal government who would eventually kick against the move? Why not come up with something meaningful first and then throw it open for a debate? Had our people written the federal government before forming amotekun, our land would have been besieged by soldiers by now. Their actions after the formation was a proof.

You do not tell your enemies your next strategies. They would thwart them before they're carried out...it's a wise saying.
They are cowards.FG will always say no so what is the point.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by sammhi(m): 8:24am On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice move

When south South roll out their own

Our own we be dope

Although i woke up at the right side of the bed this morning but Let me drag some weed so i can be up and doing
Umahi is a pro Buhari man and he is saying this as a spoiler . He is doing this knowing fully well that FG will refuse and they will use this excuse to fight Amotekun.
They don't need FG nod to establish security out fit
Umahi is a spoiler

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by zoedew: 8:32am On Feb 01, 2020
Simply pass the enabling Law in your House of Assembly! It is up to the FG to challenge the States in the Supreme Court.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2020
After all regions successfully establish amotekus, the Nigerian police should be disbanded.
They have been useless since ages anyway. undecided
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by kyrian1(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Show me where you see south south on world compass... Divide and rule
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice move

Our own we be dope

Although i woke up at the right side of the bed this morning but Let me drag some weed so i can be up and doing
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by vertueptime: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by BabaRamota1980: 8:41am On Feb 01, 2020
Iboman does not kneel for anybody.

What do we call this?
Ibo governors asking for permission to stay alive.

Does fulani ask permission to kill? Why do you need fg oermission to retaliate?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by nanauju(f): 8:41am On Feb 01, 2020
fairfora:
Why write the federal government who would eventually kick against the move? Why not come up with something meaningful first and then throw it open for a debate? Had our people written the federal government before forming amotekun, our land would have been besieged by soldiers by now. Their actions after the formation was a proof.

You do not tell your enemies your next strategies. They would thwart them before they're carried out...it's a wise saying.

Since it has eventually worked out fine in one place, I don't think it should be a problem working out in another. Y'all should stop with your negativity abeg
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by trueconscience(m): 8:42am On Feb 01, 2020
It's a nice one but good screening should be done. ANYONE who has ever supported Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB or being a member of the Biafra Secret Society (BSS) should not be enlisted.

QED
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Passionate888: 8:43am On Feb 01, 2020
Kobicove:
These so called security outfits will eventually metamorphose into ethnic militias! undecided
That of south east will be filled with ipob members, it will be bloody.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by frugal(m): 8:44am On Feb 01, 2020
Edenx:
Wrong move by the south east. If the south west begged the FG to get permission this Amorekun wouldn't have stood today. This government has the same mindset of the Islamic terrorist the only language they understand is force . What they should have done is to set up the security outfit and wait for the govt to cry and tell them how it should have been done or take them to court.what if the FG says no? What if the FG refuses to grant them permission or refuses to reply to their request? South East really acting like a conquered territory. Anyway I'll be shocked if the south east can pass the first test of being United enough to achieve this,I can predict the FG using one of the governor from the south east to distabilize this project or even rev Mbaka

It's just a courtesy letter. I don't think they're seeking for permission.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Jonasbadoo(m): 9:01am On Feb 01, 2020
hope4nigeria:
God has already blessed Odudua who always giving you brain anyday.

Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by luluman: 9:05am On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by luluman: 9:06am On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice move

Our own we be dope

copy copy dope.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by luluman: 9:06am On Feb 01, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
God coolbless the land of the rising sun
For copying yorubas abi?
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Jonasbadoo(m): 9:08am On Feb 01, 2020
luluman:
For copying yorubas abi?
mtcheew
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Xano(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2020
Exactly as expected. FG could not stop this. As SW has established theirs, SE are to do theirs as well.
SS would also join.
Whatever you sow, you shall reap.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Wizikal(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice move

Our own we be dope

arizona for sure pass
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by Wizikal(m): 9:18am On Feb 01, 2020
luluman:
For copying yorubas abi?
lame talk
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by MusaChukwudi: 9:25am On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice move

Our own we be dope

Amugbo!!!
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by DEROX: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Python dance loading
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by ofoka: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2020
THESE SECTIONAL SECURITY ARRANGEMENTS SHOWS THAT WE NEED TO REJIG THE STRUCTURE OF NIGERIA GOVERNENANCE STRUCTURE TO GIVE MORE POWER TO THE REGIONS.
Re: Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit by DEROX: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
God coolbless the land of the rising sun
mud you mean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki's Lawyers Vow To Report CCT Chairman To NJC. / Babajide Sanwo-Olu's 54th Birthday Pictures / Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.