Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,268 members, 7,867,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House (800 Views)

Amazing! Kachikwu Lives In Rented Home, Drives Personal Car / Alleged Photo Of FCT Minister, Bala Muhammad's Son Lying Down On Money / SHOCKING! Solomon Lar, Ex-gov Dies A Pauper…why He Lives In Rented Flats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by papaejima2: 6:48am On Dec 11, 2010
In a land where it is believed that occupiers of public offices are only interested in amassing as much wealth as possible, it is refreshing to learn that there are still few who are upright and are in such offices solely to render service to Nigeria. Former FCT Minister, Alhaji Abba Gana, in this interview reveals that he is only just building a house in Abuja and presently lives in a rented apartment. It is also surprising to learn that three former Heads of State, General Yakubu Gowon, Alhaji Shehu Shagari and General Buhari do not own houses in Abuja.

Full interview: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/11/national-11-12-2010-01.htm
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by MaJBlige(f): 6:57am On Dec 11, 2010
so?
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2010
then? do u think we would fall for this crap? they dont have houses in abuja what about other states? they should tell us if they dont have at all
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 11, 2010
Ordinarily this should not be news. But this is a country where local government chairmen ride in convoys, own houses in choicest parts of the country and abroad. I think Gowon, Buhari and Shagari are rare breeds who have served the country and are still determined to offer services/advice for the benefit of the people.
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2010
I'm sure he has several houses in his home town !
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 11, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I'm sure he has several houses in his home town !

Proof, please
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by sochan: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2010
This is so refreshing to know. I tell you that the only thing still keeping Nigeria ticking over as an entity, is the rare collection of honest people.

I have heard all sorts of stories, including people declaring that they are giving up the honest fight, to go collect thier own share of the national cake. There is a general belief that Nigeria is not worth fighting for, and anyone who is fighting the good fight is just plain stupid or foolish.

These guys for all we know may be good men. That is why I have always given my backing to Buhari, because I am convinced he is a good man, however I would prefer someone with a vision like Utomi, but a Ribadu or Buhari would do.
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by papaejima2: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2010
toba:

then? do u think we would fall for this crap? they dont have houses in abuja what about other states? they should tell us if they dont have at all

If you live in this country, you would have known that it would be almost impossible for a former minister (of the FCT for that matter) to amass so much wealth, build houses in his village and other states and not own even one in Abuja, his primary place of residence. Please, use your brain. We should learn to appreciate the too few honest ones amongst our leaders so that other people can aspire to be like them without the fear of being vilified. There are still men of principle and honour in this country though chronically dishonest and dubious would always like to potray everyone in like manner.
Re: Ex Minister Of Fct Now Lives In Rented House by Nsiman(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2010
The interviewer shld hav find out facts about what he wants to interview those he want to interview b4 doing that. I don't think they are facts. Besides someone like Gowon govern in those days that ibb didn't open the corruption door.

(1) (Reply)

ACN Convention. Bisi Akande Re-elected As Chairman / Alaibe, Others To Dump Pdp? / Buhari/bakare Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.